plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

legacy materials moving from archive.raspbian.org to legacy.raspbian.org

Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:43 pm

As you may be aware Debian wheezy has now been fully end of lifed (including lts) by Debian.

As a result I am moving a number of legacy and mostly wheezy-related materials from archive.raspbian.org to legacy.raspbian.org.

This includes the complete contents of the following directories.

images
installer
mate
multiarchcross
qemu

The "mate" directory does contain some packages that were aimed at jessie, however before the jessie stable releases these were superseded by mate packages in jessie proper.

It also includes the wheezy and wheezy-staging suites in the main raspbian repo.

legacy.raspbian.org is live now. The materials in question will be removed from archive.raspbian.org/mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian.raspberrypi.org in a week or so.

rpdom

Re: legacy materials moving from archive.raspbian.org to legacy.raspbian.org

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:59 am

Thanks for the info.

Also, thanks for not just deleting the old repo. I still have one legacy system that runs Wheezy. It's a long term project of mine to migrate all of its functions to a new system. I've done a couple so far, but there's a lot to do including rewriting old code and reconfiguring hardware..

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed May 15, 2019 1:23 am

I got distracted by other things and a week or so turned into a month and a half, but the legacy materials have now finally been removed.

Fran123

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:58 am

Thank you, very much
plugwash wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:43 pm
As you may be aware Debian wheezy has now been fully end of lifed (including lts) by Debian.

As a result I am moving a number of legacy and mostly wheezy-related materials from archive.raspbian.org to legacy.raspbian.org.

This includes the complete contents of the following directories.

images
installer
mate
multiarchcross
qemu

The "mate" directory does contain some packages that were aimed at jessie, however before the jessie stable releases these were superseded by mate packages in jessie proper.

It also includes the wheezy and wheezy-staging suites in the main raspbian repo.

legacy.raspbian.org is live now. The materials in question will be removed from archive.raspbian.org/mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian.raspberrypi.org in a week or so.

ianboag

Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:33 am

So how exactly do I update (say) openssl ...... ?

DougieLawson

Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:57 am

ianboag wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:33 am
So how exactly do I update (say) openssl ...... ?
You cant. There's no more updates for the legacy stuff not even security updates.

To be able to update you need to be on a SUPPORTED version of Raspbian.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

Return to “Raspbian”