Elaine.Wu

Run AI with Raspberry Pi, Introducing Grove AI HAT for Egde Computing

Mon May 06, 2019 9:31 am

A new release from Seeed Studio - Grove AI HAT for Edge Computing
https://www.seeedstudio.com/Grove-AI-HA ... -4026.html
The Grove AI HAT for Edge Computing is built around Sipeed MAix M1 AI MODULE with Kendryte K210 processor inside. It's a low cost but powerful Raspberry Pi AI HAT which assists raspberry pi run the AI at the edge, it also can work independently for edge computing applications.

It will help you for these application:
  • AI for Edge Computing
    Smart Building
    Medical equipment
    Automation & Process Control
    Robot

Grove AI HAT specifications:
    AI Module – Sipeed “MAIX” M1 with Kendryte K210 dual core RISC-V processor @ 600 MHz, KPU Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) hardware accelerator, APU audio hardware accelerator, 8 MB general purpose SRAM including 5.9MB usable as AI SRAM memory
    Camera I/F – DVP camera support; two mounting locations (top and bottom of the board)
    Display I/F – Supports for Sipeed 2.4″ QVGA LCD display
    Audio – Built-in microphone
    USB – 1x USB 2.0 Device type C for power and programming
    Expansion
    40-pin Raspberry Pi connector with I2C/UART/SPI/I2S/PWM/GPIO.
    6x Grove connectors: 2x analog, 1x UART, 1x I2C, 1x PWM, 1x digital
    Debugging – 8-pin UART/JTAG header
    Misc – Boot & reset buttons, boot (user programmable) & power LEDs, switch for RPi 5V, on-board 3-axis accelerometer
    Power Supply – 5V via USB type-C port, or Vin pin on Raspberry Pi header
    Dimensions – 83 x 55 mm (4x Raspberry Pi HAT mounting holes)

Hope this could help both Raspberry Pi and and AI lovers!
Last edited by Elaine.Wu on Tue May 07, 2019 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heater

Re: Run AI with Raspberry Pi, Introducing Grove AI HAT for Egde Computing

Mon May 06, 2019 12:23 pm

Awesome.

Good to the RISC V making an appearance on the scene. And that chip has some great hardware acceleration for neural nets and DSP.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

Elaine.Wu

Tue May 07, 2019 1:40 am

Heater wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:23 pm
Awesome.

Good to the RISC V making an appearance on the scene. And that chip has some great hardware acceleration for neural nets and DSP.
Thank you so much for interested! Now it is on sale for $24.5. Hope it will help your AI projects!

Heater

Tue May 07, 2019 7:50 am

I presume all the RISC V and other dev tools required are available and run on the Pi. I see nothing under the product pages "documents" and "learn" tabs.

It's a shame the 3-axis accelerometer is not a 9 axis accelerometer/gyro/compass. The BOSH BNO055 for example.

Otherwise it all looks great. When can we expect them to be available?
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

Elaine.Wu

Tue May 07, 2019 10:11 am

Heater wrote:
I presume all the RISC V and other dev tools required are available and run on the Pi. I see nothing under the product pages "documents" and "learn" tabs.

It's a shame the 3-axis accelerometer is not a 9 axis accelerometer/gyro/compass. The BOSH BNO055 for example.

Hello there!
Thanks for advice!
All docs and wiki will be released soon!

Elaine.Wu

Wed May 08, 2019 9:52 am

Heater wrote:

Hello there! Document updated: https://github.com/SeeedDocument/Grove- ... 190426.pdf
https://github.com/Seeed-Studio/ArduinoCore-k210

Hope this helps!

Gavinmc42

Wed May 08, 2019 11:34 am

These K210 are some of the best RISC-V chips I have seen for a while and have moved to the top of my want hardware list
Time will tell how the software develops.

Making it into a Pi hat makes development a bit easier than as a standalone like the other K210 boards.
Had not spotted the Arduino tools before, that elevates the usability a few orders of magnitude.

Recently had mixed results installing the RISC-V GCC compiler tool chain.
Also time to revisit the Free Pascal Compiler for RISC-V.

I do hope the Seeed Distributors get some into their stocks soon.
I'm dancing on Rainbows.
Raspberries are not Apples or Oranges

Elaine.Wu

Wed May 08, 2019 2:08 pm

Gavinmc42 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:34 am
These K210 are some of the best RISC-V chips I have seen for a while and have moved to the top of my want hardware list
Time will tell how the software develops.

Making it into a Pi hat makes development a bit easier than as a standalone like the other K210 boards.
Had not spotted the Arduino tools before, that elevates the usability a few orders of magnitude.

Recently had mixed results installing the RISC-V GCC compiler tool chain.
Also time to revisit the Free Pascal Compiler for RISC-V.

I do hope the Seeed Distributors get some into their stocks soon.
Thanks so much for your interest in Seeed. We are trying the best to listen to community's voice and make it come true by products and services. We will update full docs and prepare the shipment ASAP.
Hope the communuity love our wide selection of Raspberry Pi boards

Immortan Joe

Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:34 am

My preordered one arrived yesterday. It's a well made board. I look forward to there being more information so I can make use of it.
At the current time, their Arduino board definition doesn't seem to be compatible with the armhf version of the Arduino IDE. Ie can't use that on the RPi. I'm hoping the other software interfacing methods work. Otherwise it might just be used as a standalone.
Interestingly they went to a lot of trouble to keep the underside of the board clean, so they are a bit safer to use with an RPi or on its own without as much danger of shorting on something.
It also has a great 40 pin female passthrough connector with holes in the pcb to match.

When putting it on a Jetson nano be wary that the 40 pin connector makes Pi HATs point outward. So rotate, but DO NOT flip the AI HAT over. Ie components up still.

Gavinmc42

Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:05 am

Wonder how the tools will run on a Pi4.
Need dual screens for this sort of stuff.
I'm dancing on Rainbows.
Raspberries are not Apples or Oranges

Immortan Joe

Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:38 am

Gavinmc42 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:05 am
Wonder how the tools will run on a Pi4.
"If".
I just tried installing the board in Arduino IDE on my PineBook (arm64). Can't install it on that either. When I get a chance I've got a few other SBCs with RPi compatible GPIO headers to try, but I feel the result would be the same. It's a nice bit of hardware but I still can't work out how it actually interacts with a Raspberry Pi.
Even so, I ordered a fisheye camera and TFT because the videos I saw of a related board's object recognition capabilities really got my attention.
I was also hoping to try combining it with a Pi Zero to make an autonomous "Earth rover" for a bit of fun.

I'm just hoping I work out how the AI HAT works before the TFT and camera arrive.

voltagex

Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:01 pm

Has anyone got information, photos or videos on how this is supposed to connect to the Pi itself? I've got the board in front of me now and it's not clear whether I need to solder a header.

Return to “For sale”