ceteras

Osoyoo 5" DSI display, anyone?

Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:01 pm

Has anybody tried this product from osoyoo?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KKB5YS9

I can't find enough technical details on it to decide if I want one. I presume it's a clone of the official display, with a smaller screen.
61tLuVUe9xL._AC_SY400_.jpg
61tLuVUe9xL._AC_SY400_.jpg (48.86 KiB) Viewed 892 times

fanoush

Re: Osoyoo 5" DSI display, anyone?

Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:44 pm

Well in fact I have ordered it from ebay couple of days ago (for US$31 with free shipping) so I may report once it arrives if anyone is interested.

ceteras

Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:23 pm

Please do make a post or a thread about it!

fanoush

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:47 pm

I discovered it by coincidence when other user bought wrong display and I was curious whether there is any other that would possibly work, see here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=238850#p1459828 however we may have no sympathy for getting it.

Andyroo

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:11 pm

Have you done a search on here - just use the search top right for ‘osoyoo’ for some reading :shock:

ceteras

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:23 pm

Andyroo wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:11 pm
Have you done a search on here - just use the search top right for ‘osoyoo’ for some reading :shock:
I did. Thank you for your support. Such a wonderfully supportive community!

fanoush

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:58 am

ceteras wrote:
Such a wonderfully supportive community!
My irony and humor detector is probably failing again :-)

My link points to thread where next post tells you to not ask for support if you buy it. And when searching 'Osoyoo' as suggested you only find posts about completely different 3.5" SPI display (and now maybe also this thread). But overall this is still 'wonderfully supportive community' despite all this, so I wonder if you used sarcasm or not :-)

ceteras

Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:40 am

fanoush wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:58 am
ceteras wrote:
Such a wonderfully supportive community!
My irony and humor detector is probably failing again :-)

My link points to thread where next post tells you to not ask for support if you buy it. And when searching 'Osoyoo' as suggested you only find posts about completely different 3.5" SPI display (and now maybe also this thread). But overall this is still 'wonderfully supportive community' despite all this, so I wonder if you used sarcasm or not :-)
I'm sorry if you felt targeted by my post, I now think I shouldn't have written that way.
My issue is with posts that do not help, seem to come from quick assumptions, or maybe are fueled by a sort of conflicting interest.
Actually this happens on any and all forums and communities, nothing special about this one.

In this case, the DSI display, I believe any new development could possibly bring a learning experience.
Because access to this technology is limited by the factors we all know and understand.
Just like access to a microprocessor was before de 6502 and Z80, or access to computing before the BBC Micro.
A new, different device is a solution to be examined, to find out how they did it, if it works or not.
Wasn't the Raspberry Pi all about encouraging learning, and experimenting, and not being afraid of breaking things?

Perhaps we should start threads with a lot more care: state that we did search first, that we did pay our contribution to the Mission, that we do know all the things we should know, and our intention is not to break the business model, but to get more knowledge and share it with everybody. Perhaps not.

fanoush

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:26 pm

ceteras wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:40 am
I'm sorry if you felt targeted by my post, I now think I shouldn't have written that way.
Oh, no, sorry. It is not a problem. I was just wondering if it was irony or not because it could be both for different reasons and I simply didn't get it. And I asked only because this was second time for me in few days that I was not sure at all. That's all, no need to apologize. If it was indeed irony after all then I think it is OK and perfectly understandable :-) My first guess was that you are just trying to be polite despite not getting much help but OTOH it felt quite improbable so I had to ask.

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”