Link500

Anyway to get a pi+arduino mega to use a original ds screen?

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:20 pm

So this is an odd question I know but....I’ve got both an arduino mega 2560, and a pi, and was wondering if there’s any way I could get them to work with an original(first gen) ds screen. Either the touch one or normal. I am thinking about getting new screens for my ds since they both had dead pixels and the touch screen is a bit worn, as I’m trying to restore em. But before i toss the old ones, I figured it’d be neat if I could make at least one of them work with the pi. I’ve tried searching online but I couldn’t find anything about getting The top screen to work, only with attempts at the touch screen, which was always a...no. But I did find a video of someone getting the arduino to work with the touchscreen...just not much info.

So that brings me back to my back to my original question....is it possible to get either of the screens working with a pi? And if I need the arduino mega to do so, how would i go about getting it together work with the pi?

Again these screens will likely be tossed eventually, but I just figured it’d be interesting to try this first, just not sure where to begin.

Return to “Other projects”