pearcecg

New official keyboard - RISCOS

Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:40 am

Why does the new keyboard fail to give the correct upper case characters (SHIFT) ?
I've discovered I can correct this behaviour with (CTRL-SHIFT-NUMLOCK). But why should I have to do this on every boot?
Is there some way of getting it to behave normally?
I'm mainly using RISC OS by the way.

Charles Pearce

jahboater

Re: New official keyboard

Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am

FYI, it works perfectly with Gentoo64, and I would put money on it working perfectly with Raspbian (since the RPF will have tested it the most on that).
Is there some setting within RISC-OS that you could tweak?

PiGraham

Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:04 pm

pearcecg wrote:
Why does the new keyboard fail to give the correct upper case characters (SHIFT) ?
I've discovered I can correct this behaviour with (CTRL-SHIFT-NUMLOCK). But why should I have to do this on every boot?

Charles Pearce

It sounds like Numlock is on by default which makes sense for keyboards with separate number pads but not for this keyboard. It is on Windows anyway. Just press NUMLOCK to toggle it. You don't need CTRL-SHIFT.

It would be good to have control over that.

It seems there is a solution for Rasbian. I don't know about RISC OS.

viewtopic.php?t=10081

fruitoftheloom

Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:05 pm

pearcecg wrote:

Charles Pearce

The Raspberry Pi Foundation / Raspberry Pi Trading only support Raspbian Operating System, therefore that is the operating they will use for testing, if it is a RiscOS issue then suggest you report to the developers:

https://www.riscosopen.org/content/down ... spberry-pi
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

PiGraham

Re: New official keyboard - RISCOS

Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:28 pm

This isn't anything specific to thePi keyboard. You just need to set the numlock default state as you want it. The only difference with this keyboard is that the num pad is not separate but shares keys so you want numlock off by default instead of on.

This may help for RISC OS

http://www.riscos.com/support/users/con ... /input.htm

pearcecg

Re: New official keyboard - RISCOS

Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Thanks for this
NUMLOCK now sorted. - I should have known this!

DavidS

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:34 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:05 pm
pearcecg wrote:

Charles Pearce

The Raspberry Pi Foundation / Raspberry Pi Trading only support Raspbian Operating System, therefore that is the operating they will use for testing, if it is a RiscOS issue then suggest you report to the developers:

https://www.riscosopen.org/content/down ... spberry-pi
Not true. If you look at the posts from 2011 through 2013 you will see that the RPi foundation repeatedly stated that they will always encourage and support RISC OS (that was before Raspberry Pi Trading came about). So you may wish to add RISC OS to that statement of what they support.
RPi = The best ARM based RISC OS computer around
More than 95% of posts made from RISC OS on RPi 1B/1B+ computers. Most of the rest from RISC OS on RPi 2B/3B/3B+ computers

Return to “RISCOS”