ecarlin

Raspberry pi calling home?

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:31 pm

Hello,

I setup a wireguard vpn and ssh server on a raspberry pi 3, worked amazingly well. Definitely impressed with the whole thing.

One thing that I encountered was some weird network activity coming from the PI itself since the installation of my Untangle firewall. I have application control running on the UTM and it is capturing UTLRASURF traffic going to a couple different IPs in the UK. I contacted support and they suggested that I post on the forums as they can't help me further. Can someone shed some light on this odd behaviour? Or at least to me it is odd for sure. Calling home?

Perhaps someone can tell me why this traffic is Ultrasurf defined and what the Pi is doing? I run an sudo apt-get update and install and the traffic is on 80 or 443 and goes to entirely different URLs so it's not "updates". I am not a novice user when it comes to linux but I am new to a Raspian OS on a raspberry pi.

Thank you,

Erik
Attachments
raspberrypicallinghome_.png
raspberrypicallinghome_.png (99.51 KiB) Viewed 600 times

epoch1970

Re: Raspberry pi calling home?

Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:55 am

Looks like this public address belongs to Telegram.
"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème." Les Shadoks, J. Rouxel

Ernst

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:27 pm

The road to insanity is paved with static ip addresses

ecarlin

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:54 am

Well that sure makes sense then. I run my phone through Wireguard on the Pi and I use telegram. Cool thing, I saw my untangle classifying it as UK but that makes more sense looking it up that way.
Thank you.
Erik

Return to “Advanced users”