AirFiero

HDMI displays, HDMI connection and touch screen control

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:43 pm

I’ve made progress with my small portable music player, with the core of the player built. This uses an RPi Zero W with DAC and headphone amp daughter board total height of 3/4”/29mm. So far so good. Next step is to find a small display to use with it. I have some links to earlier discussions about which displays might work, and I’ll post them here.

The current question is, if I use a display that is only connected to the Pi only with HDMI, does this carry the touch information on HDMI?

AirFiero

Re: HDMI displays, HDMI connection and touch screen control

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:21 pm

I took a closer look at a picture of the 4.3 inch HDMI display I’m considering, and noticed that it has a USB connection to a Pi computer. I’m assuming the touch data uses USB.

fruitoftheloom

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:36 pm

AirFiero wrote:
I took a closer look at a picture of the 4.3 inch HDMI display I’m considering, and noticed that it has a USB connection to a Pi computer. I’m assuming the touch data uses USB.

HDMi does not carry the Touch Interface connection, that is undertaken via USB..

..though reading the manual of this unknown screen would of found this information !
Retired disgracefully.....

AirFiero

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:45 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:36 pm
AirFiero wrote:

HDMi does not carry the Touch Interface connection, that is undertaken via USB..

..though reading the manual of this unknown screen would of found this information !
Later digging found this information. Thanks.

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”