LTolledo
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:29 am

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:25 am

Will the announcement for Kodi 18.1 availability be made here as well?

If so thanks!
"Don't come to me with 'issues' for I don't know how to deal with those
Come to me with 'problems' and I'll help you find solutions"

Some people be like:
"Help me! Am drowning! But dont you dare touch me nor come near me!"

Rascas
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact: Website

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:49 pm

Kodi 18.1 is now available.

LTolledo
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:29 am

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:16 am

Thanks for the info

Updated today....

watched several 30 minute videos accessed over Ethernet LAN from my 2TB RPi3B NAS.

...still takes average 35secs (timed using stopwatch) from end of video to returning back to file selection menu.


....EOM....
"Don't come to me with 'issues' for I don't know how to deal with those
Come to me with 'problems' and I'll help you find solutions"

Some people be like:
"Help me! Am drowning! But dont you dare touch me nor come near me!"

Rascas
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact: Website

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:56 pm

LTolledo wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:16 am
Thanks for the info

Updated today....

watched several 30 minute videos accessed over Ethernet LAN from my 2TB RPi3B NAS.

...still takes average 35secs (timed using stopwatch) from end of video to returning back to file selection menu.


....EOM....
Does that occur in a clean/default Kodi settings ? Close Kodi, move your settings dir, ~/.kodi, for example to ~/.kodi_bak, open Kodi and try again, without changing the default settings. If the same happens, reproduce the problem again and post your Kodi debug log has explained here:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file

LTolledo
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:29 am

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:28 pm

Post it here or in Kodi forum?

anyway I browsed through the last log file
its not from a clean/deafult Kodi as instructed above, just the last log from the last use.
I noticed that Kodi seems to be trying to access my SyncToy.dat file always, and that is causing the "delay"
is that normal?

though just a snippet of the log (yeah I know the site says no snippets, full logs only),
this is the part where I start and end a video file, until I ended Kodi

Code: Select all

2019-03-01 19:10:56.860 T:1680835312  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Skin Helper Service version 1.1.3 started
2019-03-01 19:10:56.863 T:1618785008  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> WebService - start helper webservice on port 52307
2019-03-01 19:10:58.047 T:1753285360   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting
2019-03-01 19:12:29.856 T:1493132016   ERROR: Previous line repeats 6 times.
2019-03-01 19:12:29.856 T:1493132016   ERROR: Open - error probing input format, smb://RASPI3B1D/downloads/SyncToy_c1d5bc06-38dc-4124-98c6-d83cd76c8cbb.dat
2019-03-01 19:12:29.857 T:1493132016   ERROR: ExtractThumb - Error creating demuxer
2019-03-01 19:12:36.166 T:1493132016  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: h264
2019-03-01 19:12:39.752 T:1899863312  NOTICE: OMXPlayerUnsuitable OMXPlayer unsuitable due to audio sink
2019-03-01 19:12:39.761 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: smb://RASPI3B1D/downloads/Girly Air Farce - 08 [720p].mkv
2019-03-01 19:12:39.764 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
2019-03-01 19:12:45.112 T:1493132016  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: h264
2019-03-01 19:12:46.192 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
2019-03-01 19:12:47.493 T:1467953904  NOTICE: OMXPlayerUnsuitable OMXPlayer unsuitable due to audio sink
2019-03-01 19:12:47.493 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Opening stream: 0 source: 256
2019-03-01 19:12:47.493 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Creating video codec with codec id: 27
2019-03-01 19:12:47.508 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Creating video thread
2019-03-01 19:12:47.509 T:1543488240  NOTICE: running thread: video_thread
2019-03-01 19:12:47.510 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Opening stream: 1 source: 256
2019-03-01 19:12:47.510 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86018
2019-03-01 19:12:47.511 T:1467953904  NOTICE: CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Open() Successful opened audio decoder aac
2019-03-01 19:12:47.511 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Creating audio thread
2019-03-01 19:12:47.511 T:1459561200  NOTICE: running thread: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process()
2019-03-01 19:12:47.511 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Opening stream: 2 source: 256
2019-03-01 19:12:47.725 T:1459561200  NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86018, channels: 2, sample rate: 44100, no pass-through)
2019-03-01 19:12:48.259 T:1899863312 WARNING: OnMessage: Suspiciously long time to handle GUI_MSG_PLAYBACK_STARTED (8.45s)
2019-03-01 19:12:48.384 T:1543488240 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
2019-03-01 19:36:28.128 T:1459561200  NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled
2019-03-01 19:36:28.193 T:1467953904  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2019-03-01 19:36:28.193 T:1467953904  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: eof, waiting for queues to empty
2019-03-01 19:36:28.193 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Closing stream player 1
2019-03-01 19:36:28.193 T:1467953904  NOTICE: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::WaitUntilEmpty
2019-03-01 19:36:28.194 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Waiting for audio thread to exit
2019-03-01 19:36:28.194 T:1459561200   ERROR: Got MSGQ_ABORT or MSGO_IS_ERROR return true
2019-03-01 19:36:28.194 T:1459561200  NOTICE: thread end: CVideoPlayerAudio::OnExit()
2019-03-01 19:36:28.194 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Closing audio device
2019-03-01 19:36:28.554 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Deleting audio codec
2019-03-01 19:36:28.555 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Closing stream player 2
2019-03-01 19:36:28.555 T:1467953904  NOTICE: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::WaitUntilEmpty
2019-03-01 19:36:28.556 T:1467953904  NOTICE: waiting for video thread to exit
2019-03-01 19:36:28.556 T:1543488240  NOTICE: thread end: video_thread
2019-03-01 19:36:28.556 T:1467953904  NOTICE: deleting video codec
2019-03-01 19:36:28.560 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Closing stream player 3
2019-03-01 19:36:28.646 T:1899863312  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2019-03-01 19:36:28.708 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2019-03-01 19:36:28.709 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
2019-03-01 19:36:28.710 T:1899863312  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2019-03-01 19:36:28.710 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2019-03-01 19:36:28.710 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
2019-03-01 19:37:26.576 T:1476346608   ERROR: Open - error probing input format, smb://RASPI3B1D/downloads/SyncToy_c1d5bc06-38dc-4124-98c6-d83cd76c8cbb.dat
2019-03-01 19:37:26.576 T:1476346608   ERROR: ExtractThumb - Error creating demuxer
2019-03-01 19:37:32.058 T:1899863312  NOTICE: OMXPlayerUnsuitable OMXPlayer unsuitable due to audio sink
2019-03-01 19:37:32.062 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: smb://RASPI3B1D/downloads/BanG Dream! S2 - 09 [720p].mkv
2019-03-01 19:37:32.072 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
2019-03-01 19:37:32.276 T:1476346608  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: h264
2019-03-01 19:37:36.110 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
2019-03-01 19:37:36.349 T:1756361456  NOTICE: OMXPlayerUnsuitable OMXPlayer unsuitable due to audio sink
2019-03-01 19:37:36.349 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Opening stream: 0 source: 256
2019-03-01 19:37:36.349 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Creating video codec with codec id: 27
2019-03-01 19:37:36.360 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Creating video thread
2019-03-01 19:37:36.361 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Opening stream: 1 source: 256
2019-03-01 19:37:36.361 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86018
2019-03-01 19:37:36.363 T:1756361456  NOTICE: CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Open() Successful opened audio decoder aac
2019-03-01 19:37:36.363 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Creating audio thread
2019-03-01 19:37:36.363 T:1467953904  NOTICE: running thread: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process()
2019-03-01 19:37:36.363 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Opening stream: 2 source: 256
2019-03-01 19:37:36.365 T:1543488240  NOTICE: running thread: video_thread
2019-03-01 19:37:36.414 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86018, channels: 2, sample rate: 44100, no pass-through)
2019-03-01 19:37:36.672 T:1899863312 WARNING: OnMessage: Suspiciously long time to handle GUI_MSG_PLAYBACK_STARTED (4.58s)
2019-03-01 20:02:01.863 T:1756361456  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2019-03-01 20:02:01.864 T:1756361456  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: eof, waiting for queues to empty
2019-03-01 20:02:01.864 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Closing stream player 1
2019-03-01 20:02:01.864 T:1756361456  NOTICE: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::WaitUntilEmpty
2019-03-01 20:02:01.864 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Waiting for audio thread to exit
2019-03-01 20:02:01.864 T:1467953904   ERROR: Got MSGQ_ABORT or MSGO_IS_ERROR return true
2019-03-01 20:02:01.864 T:1467953904  NOTICE: thread end: CVideoPlayerAudio::OnExit()
2019-03-01 20:02:01.864 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Closing audio device
2019-03-01 20:02:02.370 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Deleting audio codec
2019-03-01 20:02:02.370 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Closing stream player 2
2019-03-01 20:02:02.370 T:1756361456  NOTICE: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::WaitUntilEmpty
2019-03-01 20:02:02.371 T:1756361456  NOTICE: waiting for video thread to exit
2019-03-01 20:02:02.371 T:1543488240   ERROR: Got MSGQ_ABORT or MSGO_IS_ERROR return true
2019-03-01 20:02:02.371 T:1543488240  NOTICE: thread end: video_thread
2019-03-01 20:02:02.371 T:1756361456  NOTICE: deleting video codec
2019-03-01 20:02:02.375 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Closing stream player 3
2019-03-01 20:02:02.484 T:1899863312  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2019-03-01 20:02:02.541 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2019-03-01 20:02:02.541 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
2019-03-01 20:02:02.541 T:1899863312  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2019-03-01 20:02:02.541 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2019-03-01 20:02:02.541 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
2019-03-01 20:02:42.962 T:1526702832   ERROR: Open - error probing input format, smb://RASPI3B1D/downloads/SyncToy_c1d5bc06-38dc-4124-98c6-d83cd76c8cbb.dat
2019-03-01 20:02:42.962 T:1526702832   ERROR: ExtractThumb - Error creating demuxer
2019-03-01 20:02:49.357 T:1899863312  NOTICE: stop player
2019-03-01 20:02:49.358 T:1899863312  NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
2019-03-01 20:02:49.358 T:1899863312  NOTICE: Saving settings
2019-03-01 20:02:49.381 T:1899863312  NOTICE: Saving skin settings
2019-03-01 20:02:49.387 T:1899863312  NOTICE: stop all
2019-03-01 20:02:52.091 T:1899863312  NOTICE: ES: Stopping event server
2019-03-01 20:02:52.091 T:1899863312  NOTICE: stopping zeroconf publishing
2019-03-01 20:02:52.100 T:1899863312  NOTICE: CWebServer[8080]: Stopped
2019-03-01 20:02:52.382 T:1645200112  NOTICE: ES: UDP Event server stopped
2019-03-01 20:02:52.397 T:1899863312  NOTICE: stop dvd detect media
2019-03-01 20:02:52.433 T:1680835312  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Shutdown requested !
2019-03-01 20:02:52.456 T:1680835312  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Skin Helper Service version 1.1.3 stopped
2019-03-01 20:02:52.729 T:1899863312  NOTICE: stopped
2019-03-01 20:02:52.929 T:1899863312  NOTICE: destroy
2019-03-01 20:02:54.864 T:1899863312  NOTICE: unload skin
2019-03-01 20:02:54.979 T:1899863312  NOTICE: unload sections
2019-03-01 20:02:55.431 T:1899863312  NOTICE: application stopped...

will post full log (as a file if possible) when required
"Don't come to me with 'issues' for I don't know how to deal with those
Come to me with 'problems' and I'll help you find solutions"

Some people be like:
"Help me! Am drowning! But dont you dare touch me nor come near me!"

Rascas
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact: Website

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:40 pm

LTolledo wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:28 pm
Post it here or in Kodi forum?

anyway I browsed through the last log file
its not from a clean/deafult Kodi as instructed above, just the last log from the last use.
I noticed that Kodi seems to be trying to access my SyncToy.dat file always, and that is causing the "delay"
is that normal?

though just a snippet of the log (yeah I know the site says no snippets, full logs only),
this is the part where I start and end a video file, until I ended Kodi

Code: Select all

2019-03-01 19:10:56.860 T:1680835312  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Skin Helper Service version 1.1.3 started
2019-03-01 19:10:56.863 T:1618785008  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> WebService - start helper webservice on port 52307
2019-03-01 19:10:58.047 T:1753285360   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting
2019-03-01 19:12:29.856 T:1493132016   ERROR: Previous line repeats 6 times.
2019-03-01 19:12:29.856 T:1493132016   ERROR: Open - error probing input format, smb://RASPI3B1D/downloads/SyncToy_c1d5bc06-38dc-4124-98c6-d83cd76c8cbb.dat
2019-03-01 19:12:29.857 T:1493132016   ERROR: ExtractThumb - Error creating demuxer
2019-03-01 19:12:36.166 T:1493132016  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: h264
2019-03-01 19:12:39.752 T:1899863312  NOTICE: OMXPlayerUnsuitable OMXPlayer unsuitable due to audio sink
2019-03-01 19:12:39.761 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: smb://RASPI3B1D/downloads/Girly Air Farce - 08 [720p].mkv
2019-03-01 19:12:39.764 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
2019-03-01 19:12:45.112 T:1493132016  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: h264
2019-03-01 19:12:46.192 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
2019-03-01 19:12:47.493 T:1467953904  NOTICE: OMXPlayerUnsuitable OMXPlayer unsuitable due to audio sink
2019-03-01 19:12:47.493 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Opening stream: 0 source: 256
2019-03-01 19:12:47.493 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Creating video codec with codec id: 27
2019-03-01 19:12:47.508 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Creating video thread
2019-03-01 19:12:47.509 T:1543488240  NOTICE: running thread: video_thread
2019-03-01 19:12:47.510 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Opening stream: 1 source: 256
2019-03-01 19:12:47.510 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86018
2019-03-01 19:12:47.511 T:1467953904  NOTICE: CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Open() Successful opened audio decoder aac
2019-03-01 19:12:47.511 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Creating audio thread
2019-03-01 19:12:47.511 T:1459561200  NOTICE: running thread: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process()
2019-03-01 19:12:47.511 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Opening stream: 2 source: 256
2019-03-01 19:12:47.725 T:1459561200  NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86018, channels: 2, sample rate: 44100, no pass-through)
2019-03-01 19:12:48.259 T:1899863312 WARNING: OnMessage: Suspiciously long time to handle GUI_MSG_PLAYBACK_STARTED (8.45s)
2019-03-01 19:12:48.384 T:1543488240 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
2019-03-01 19:36:28.128 T:1459561200  NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled
2019-03-01 19:36:28.193 T:1467953904  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2019-03-01 19:36:28.193 T:1467953904  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: eof, waiting for queues to empty
2019-03-01 19:36:28.193 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Closing stream player 1
2019-03-01 19:36:28.193 T:1467953904  NOTICE: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::WaitUntilEmpty
2019-03-01 19:36:28.194 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Waiting for audio thread to exit
2019-03-01 19:36:28.194 T:1459561200   ERROR: Got MSGQ_ABORT or MSGO_IS_ERROR return true
2019-03-01 19:36:28.194 T:1459561200  NOTICE: thread end: CVideoPlayerAudio::OnExit()
2019-03-01 19:36:28.194 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Closing audio device
2019-03-01 19:36:28.554 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Deleting audio codec
2019-03-01 19:36:28.555 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Closing stream player 2
2019-03-01 19:36:28.555 T:1467953904  NOTICE: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::WaitUntilEmpty
2019-03-01 19:36:28.556 T:1467953904  NOTICE: waiting for video thread to exit
2019-03-01 19:36:28.556 T:1543488240  NOTICE: thread end: video_thread
2019-03-01 19:36:28.556 T:1467953904  NOTICE: deleting video codec
2019-03-01 19:36:28.560 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Closing stream player 3
2019-03-01 19:36:28.646 T:1899863312  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2019-03-01 19:36:28.708 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2019-03-01 19:36:28.709 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
2019-03-01 19:36:28.710 T:1899863312  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2019-03-01 19:36:28.710 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2019-03-01 19:36:28.710 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
2019-03-01 19:37:26.576 T:1476346608   ERROR: Open - error probing input format, smb://RASPI3B1D/downloads/SyncToy_c1d5bc06-38dc-4124-98c6-d83cd76c8cbb.dat
2019-03-01 19:37:26.576 T:1476346608   ERROR: ExtractThumb - Error creating demuxer
2019-03-01 19:37:32.058 T:1899863312  NOTICE: OMXPlayerUnsuitable OMXPlayer unsuitable due to audio sink
2019-03-01 19:37:32.062 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: smb://RASPI3B1D/downloads/BanG Dream! S2 - 09 [720p].mkv
2019-03-01 19:37:32.072 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
2019-03-01 19:37:32.276 T:1476346608  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: h264
2019-03-01 19:37:36.110 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
2019-03-01 19:37:36.349 T:1756361456  NOTICE: OMXPlayerUnsuitable OMXPlayer unsuitable due to audio sink
2019-03-01 19:37:36.349 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Opening stream: 0 source: 256
2019-03-01 19:37:36.349 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Creating video codec with codec id: 27
2019-03-01 19:37:36.360 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Creating video thread
2019-03-01 19:37:36.361 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Opening stream: 1 source: 256
2019-03-01 19:37:36.361 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86018
2019-03-01 19:37:36.363 T:1756361456  NOTICE: CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Open() Successful opened audio decoder aac
2019-03-01 19:37:36.363 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Creating audio thread
2019-03-01 19:37:36.363 T:1467953904  NOTICE: running thread: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process()
2019-03-01 19:37:36.363 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Opening stream: 2 source: 256
2019-03-01 19:37:36.365 T:1543488240  NOTICE: running thread: video_thread
2019-03-01 19:37:36.414 T:1467953904  NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86018, channels: 2, sample rate: 44100, no pass-through)
2019-03-01 19:37:36.672 T:1899863312 WARNING: OnMessage: Suspiciously long time to handle GUI_MSG_PLAYBACK_STARTED (4.58s)
2019-03-01 20:02:01.863 T:1756361456  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2019-03-01 20:02:01.864 T:1756361456  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: eof, waiting for queues to empty
2019-03-01 20:02:01.864 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Closing stream player 1
2019-03-01 20:02:01.864 T:1756361456  NOTICE: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::WaitUntilEmpty
2019-03-01 20:02:01.864 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Waiting for audio thread to exit
2019-03-01 20:02:01.864 T:1467953904   ERROR: Got MSGQ_ABORT or MSGO_IS_ERROR return true
2019-03-01 20:02:01.864 T:1467953904  NOTICE: thread end: CVideoPlayerAudio::OnExit()
2019-03-01 20:02:01.864 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Closing audio device
2019-03-01 20:02:02.370 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Deleting audio codec
2019-03-01 20:02:02.370 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Closing stream player 2
2019-03-01 20:02:02.370 T:1756361456  NOTICE: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::WaitUntilEmpty
2019-03-01 20:02:02.371 T:1756361456  NOTICE: waiting for video thread to exit
2019-03-01 20:02:02.371 T:1543488240   ERROR: Got MSGQ_ABORT or MSGO_IS_ERROR return true
2019-03-01 20:02:02.371 T:1543488240  NOTICE: thread end: video_thread
2019-03-01 20:02:02.371 T:1756361456  NOTICE: deleting video codec
2019-03-01 20:02:02.375 T:1756361456  NOTICE: Closing stream player 3
2019-03-01 20:02:02.484 T:1899863312  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2019-03-01 20:02:02.541 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2019-03-01 20:02:02.541 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
2019-03-01 20:02:02.541 T:1899863312  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2019-03-01 20:02:02.541 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2019-03-01 20:02:02.541 T:1899863312  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
2019-03-01 20:02:42.962 T:1526702832   ERROR: Open - error probing input format, smb://RASPI3B1D/downloads/SyncToy_c1d5bc06-38dc-4124-98c6-d83cd76c8cbb.dat
2019-03-01 20:02:42.962 T:1526702832   ERROR: ExtractThumb - Error creating demuxer
2019-03-01 20:02:49.357 T:1899863312  NOTICE: stop player
2019-03-01 20:02:49.358 T:1899863312  NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
2019-03-01 20:02:49.358 T:1899863312  NOTICE: Saving settings
2019-03-01 20:02:49.381 T:1899863312  NOTICE: Saving skin settings
2019-03-01 20:02:49.387 T:1899863312  NOTICE: stop all
2019-03-01 20:02:52.091 T:1899863312  NOTICE: ES: Stopping event server
2019-03-01 20:02:52.091 T:1899863312  NOTICE: stopping zeroconf publishing
2019-03-01 20:02:52.100 T:1899863312  NOTICE: CWebServer[8080]: Stopped
2019-03-01 20:02:52.382 T:1645200112  NOTICE: ES: UDP Event server stopped
2019-03-01 20:02:52.397 T:1899863312  NOTICE: stop dvd detect media
2019-03-01 20:02:52.433 T:1680835312  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Shutdown requested !
2019-03-01 20:02:52.456 T:1680835312  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Skin Helper Service version 1.1.3 stopped
2019-03-01 20:02:52.729 T:1899863312  NOTICE: stopped
2019-03-01 20:02:52.929 T:1899863312  NOTICE: destroy
2019-03-01 20:02:54.864 T:1899863312  NOTICE: unload skin
2019-03-01 20:02:54.979 T:1899863312  NOTICE: unload sections
2019-03-01 20:02:55.431 T:1899863312  NOTICE: application stopped...

will post full log (as a file if possible) when required
You can post it here or open an issue in the kodi forums, either way, always put full logs, and in sites like pastebin, not small snippets.
Anyway, yes it can be it, what's that .dat file? Move it out of the samba share and try again to see if the problem persists.

LTolledo
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:29 am

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:49 am

The .dat file is used by MicroSoft SyncToy program to store file synchronization data between the RPi NAS and BuffaloNAS.

I'll try to get my old Kodi 17.6 running again (I have a backup installation that I haven't upgraded yet) to see if the same thing appears in the log.

and post it in Kodi Forum

Update:
Just posted in the Kodi forum, logs from Kodi 18.1 and Kodi 17.6 are included (took me some time to figure it out).
"Don't come to me with 'issues' for I don't know how to deal with those
Come to me with 'problems' and I'll help you find solutions"

Some people be like:
"Help me! Am drowning! But dont you dare touch me nor come near me!"

lesc
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:22 am

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:55 pm

Just installed Kodi 18.1 on my Raspbian Stretch Rasppberry Pi 3B. Actually it is an upgrade from previous version 18.0, which worked well.
Anyway, something went wrong, suddenly there are tons of add-ons appearing as having an available update, even though those add-ons were not (and still aren't) installed in first place on my system (some examples are Zen, Elysium, some Dutch add-ons).
The major problem occurs when trying to do anything with those add-ons, for example try getting rid of them, Kodi freezes indefinitely.

Anyone has encountered such behavior?
Thanks!!

Rascas
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact: Website

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:50 pm

lesc wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:55 pm
Just installed Kodi 18.1 on my Raspbian Stretch Rasppberry Pi 3B. Actually it is an upgrade from previous version 18.0, which worked well.
Anyway, something went wrong, suddenly there are tons of add-ons appearing as having an available update, even though those add-ons were not (and still aren't) installed in first place on my system (some examples are Zen, Elysium, some Dutch add-ons).
The major problem occurs when trying to do anything with those add-ons, for example try getting rid of them, Kodi freezes indefinitely.

Anyone has encountered such behavior?
Thanks!!
Those addons are third party addons, so not included in this Kodi packages or available in the oficial Kodi Repos. The Elysium one is even considered a piracy addon by Team Kodi and is banned. So you, or somebody installed it in your system, it could be included in a third party package that some people call "builds".
Your options is to either start fresh, with default settings by removing ~/.kodi (usually /home/pi/.kodi directory) or going into that directory and removing the respective addons folder. Don't forget to close Kodi before doing that and start at the end to test if all is good.

lesc
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:22 am

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Thanks, I will try , however none of those add-ons are actually installed on the system. They just appear in the available updates list.
I haven't installed any "build", just run the following commands:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
I guess removing ~/.kodi directory will also wipe my library and I'll have to rebuild it? :?

Rascas
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact: Website

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:36 pm

lesc wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:23 pm
Thanks, I will try , however none of those add-ons are actually installed on the system. They just appear in the available updates list.
I haven't installed any "build", just run the following commands:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
I guess removing ~/.kodi directory will also wipe my library and I'll have to rebuild it? :?
I can guarantee you that that kind of addons are not installed by the packages on the RPi repo, it was you or someone else with access to your RPi. And you probably still have some leftovers of them, idk.

Yes, removing .kodi will erase all your settings including your library, you will have to set it up again. Try removing that addons leftovers first in that dir.

sgehdn
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:05 pm

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:58 pm

Hi everybody,

just installed Kodi 18.1, but now only dependency errors, installation of addons fails or if I try installing addons it crashes immediately.

Is there a manual how to downgrade to 17.6 again?

Cheers

Rascas
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact: Website

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:02 pm

sgehdn wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:58 pm
Hi everybody,

just installed Kodi 18.1, but now only dependency errors, installation of addons fails or if I try installing addons it crashes immediately.

Is there a manual how to downgrade to 17.6 again?

Cheers
Which addons? For better assistance, please post your kodi debug log as requested in the first post

sgehdn
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:05 pm

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:16 pm

How to find the debug log? I'm a newbie and currently writing from a notebook while kodi is running on the rpi on my TV.

JUst want to downgrad to 17.6. again because this version was fine actually

sgehdn
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:05 pm

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:19 pm

It doesn't matter which Addon I try, some like supremacy oder f4mtester won't be installed due to dependency errors and others like lastship or OTV Media are crashing the system everytime I klick on install

Rascas
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact: Website

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:33 pm

sgehdn wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:19 pm
It doesn't matter which Addon I try, some like supremacy oder f4mtester won't be installed due to dependency errors and others like lastship or OTV Media are crashing the system everytime I klick on install
That is exactly your problem, that kind of addons, not the Kodi version. Most likely, that addons are not updated to work with the latest version of Kodi, they have to be updated. Another problem is that that addons, are flagged as illegal/piracy, so if you want support, you have to ask to the respective developers. Not the Kodi developers or package maintainers.

If you want to downgrade Kodi, which is not guaranteed going to work, I already explained that on some older posts. Basically, you have to downgrade, "kodi" and "kodi-bin" packages at least, depending on what you have installed.

User avatar
Defiant
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:12 pm

I had the same problem yesterday on a new downloaded and installed raspbian image (Lite):
- Addons like simpsonsworld and dailymotion were installed out of nowhere
- Kodi will consume 100% cpu and the GUI stops doing anything when clicking on ~50% of addons, e.g. "3.Sat Mediathek"
- Reproducible after removing ~/.kodi

The entire problem is gone today, so I can not do any debugging :(
The only difference I know of is an apt-get upgrade which installed a new version of raspi-copies-and-fills. The lib is linked by kodi-rbpi_v7, but I don't know if that makes a change or not, the changelog is not really helpful. All other changes must have been somewhere else (Kodi Repository?)

micalbajarr
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:04 am

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:11 am

Hello i'm new on Kodi. you say there are many add-ons not supported . Is there a list of the supported add-ons? or where to find that list. Is youtube add-on "Legal" ?

User avatar
DougieLawson
Posts: 35381
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:58 am

micalbajarr wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:11 am
Is youtube add-on "Legal" ?
Go and ask Google. They own YT and licence your use of it.
Go and ask Kodi. They own the software and enable the add-ons.
Go and ask the add-on developer. They're the ones that may be violating any YT licences.
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 19813
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:01 am

micalbajarr wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:11 am
Hello i'm new on Kodi. you say there are many add-ons not supported . Is there a list of the supported add-ons? or where to find that list. Is youtube add-on "Legal" ?

https://kodi.tv/addons
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

lesc
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:22 am

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:58 am

Defiant wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:12 pm
I had the same problem yesterday on a new downloaded and installed raspbian image (Lite):
- Addons like simpsonsworld and dailymotion were installed out of nowhere
- Kodi will consume 100% cpu and the GUI stops doing anything when clicking on ~50% of addons, e.g. "3.Sat Mediathek"
- Reproducible after removing ~/.kodi

The entire problem is gone today, so I can not do any debugging :(
The only difference I know of is an apt-get upgrade which installed a new version of raspi-copies-and-fills. The lib is linked by kodi-rbpi_v7, but I don't know if that makes a change or not, the changelog is not really helpful. All other changes must have been somewhere else (Kodi Repository?)
Exactly the same... those addons (simpsonsworld, etc.) were miraculously installed out of nowhere and Kodi stopped responding when clicking most of them.
By the time I got to check ~/.kodi the addons have somehow disappeared.
I agree with Defiant, there is/was something in the Repository... what other explanation for appearance and than disappearance of same list of addons?
IMHO, the new 18.1 version appears to be less stable than the previous (18.0). I encounter more random freezes especially and when trying to exit Kodi.

Rascas
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact: Website

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:34 pm

lesc wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:58 am
Defiant wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:12 pm
I had the same problem yesterday on a new downloaded and installed raspbian image (Lite):
- Addons like simpsonsworld and dailymotion were installed out of nowhere
- Kodi will consume 100% cpu and the GUI stops doing anything when clicking on ~50% of addons, e.g. "3.Sat Mediathek"
- Reproducible after removing ~/.kodi

The entire problem is gone today, so I can not do any debugging :(
The only difference I know of is an apt-get upgrade which installed a new version of raspi-copies-and-fills. The lib is linked by kodi-rbpi_v7, but I don't know if that makes a change or not, the changelog is not really helpful. All other changes must have been somewhere else (Kodi Repository?)
Exactly the same... those addons (simpsonsworld, etc.) were miraculously installed out of nowhere and Kodi stopped responding when clicking most of them.
By the time I got to check ~/.kodi the addons have somehow disappeared.
I agree with Defiant, there is/was something in the Repository... what other explanation for appearance and than disappearance of same list of addons?
IMHO, the new 18.1 version appears to be less stable than the previous (18.0). I encounter more random freezes especially and when trying to exit Kodi.
If you are getting addons installed without your action, and you never installed some "build" or something like that, the only thing I can think off is that you have been hacked. If that happened, it wouldn't be the first time I saw it.

About stability, it looks the same to me. The differences between 18.0 and 18.1 are very very small, code wise.

lesc
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:22 am

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:42 pm

Thank you Rascas for your responses and for the terrific job you're doing!

mowman
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:58 pm

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:41 pm

Does something special need to be done with Kodi 18.1 in order to use USB drives?
On Kodi 17, I would plug in a memory stick or HDD cable and it would auto-mount with the files browsable. Nothing appears now that I've updated Kodi. Thanks in advance!

Rascas
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact: Website

Re: [Guide] Kodi on Raspbian Stretch

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:51 pm

mowman wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:41 pm
Does something special need to be done with Kodi 18.1 in order to use USB drives?
On Kodi 17, I would plug in a memory stick or HDD cable and it would auto-mount with the files browsable. Nothing appears now that I've updated Kodi. Thanks in advance!
If you are running Kodi from the desktop, you don't need anything else, Kodi will auto-mount the drives with udisks2. If you are running Kodi from terminal (without a desktop environment) you need to run "kodi-standalone" instead of just "kodi" for automounting to work. It was the same with previous Kodi versions.
What is the filesystem type ?

Return to “Raspbian”