6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

4.19 kernel 64 bit support - please report issues here

Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:14 pm

This thread is an attempt to keep results of anyone testing aarch64 support on the 4.19 kernel in one place. There are a couple of threads that have some comments on, but things were dotted all over.

I am spending a week or so trying to clean up some of the aarch64 support on the 4.19 branch, but I can't test all permutations.
I am solely testing with a 32bit userspace (namely Raspbian, although admittedly an early Buster image).
If others are prepared to test on their systems then I would be very grateful for the feedback.

Additional options that can now be enabled in bcmrpi3_defconfig
GPIO expander - CONFIG_GPIO_RASPBERRYPI_EXP=y
V4L2 camera driver - CONFIG_VIDEO_BCM2835=m
Unicam and other V4L2 subdev drivers
CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2_SUBDEV_API=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_BCM2835_UNICAM=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_TC358743=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_ADV7180=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_OV5647=m
If you take https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/pull/2845 then you should also be able to add
CONFIG_VIDEO_CODEC_BCM2835=m
to get the V4L2 codec driver. It's working fine with GStreamer 1.14.4 using v4l2h264dec and v4l2h264enc.

Things that are known not to work at present:
- Fake KMS driver - it hangs during boot. Cause unknown at present.
- startx with the legacy display driver. Booting to the console seems fine.
- USB webcams. There is a major issue with the USB interrupt handling latency that is going to be very tough to solve.
- vc-sm (used for MMAL zero copy). There's a new version being written.

I can't guarantee issues can be solved, but I will try to investigate them.
Thanks in advance.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

jimbojones

Re: 4.19 kernel 64 bit support - please report issues here

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:58 pm

Great that we have a place specifically for 64-bit! :)

I am running 4.19.y 64-bit (aarch64) complied and built from source using the the RasPi foundation provided kernel builds on github and iusing the default arch/arm64/bcmrpi3_defconfig. Admittedly I am running on it Arch Linux Arm, so it may not be officially supported even here.

I already reported a boot issue on the the main 4.19 thread, but unfortunately I was never able to get to the bottom of it, as right now I have limited access to an external display to connect to the pi during boot. Might as well report that I am still experiencing it on latest 4.19.17-v8+ build.

Basically the pi hangs on boot around 3/5 of all boots. The pi will hang at some point during boot and the Pi LEDs will hang on solid red and green. The only way to rectify it is to disconnect power and try again. It seems to be random. I have it connected to a USB PiDrive and also Ethernet using gigabit. Having these disconnected at boot seems to have no effect on issue. I just have to keep unplugging power and plugging it back in to the power, and eventually the pi will boot up successfully.

Once the Pi boots successfully it seems to run absolutely fine, and can be relied upon solidly for weeks. I have therefore only been restarting it when I attempt to update the kernel and am on site to retry the restarts until it boots successfully.

6by9

Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:04 pm

jimbojones wrote:

I am running 4.19.y 64-bit (aarch64) complied and built from source using the the RasPi foundation provided kernel builds on github and iusing the default arch/arm64/bcmrpi3_defconfig. Admittedly I am running on it Arch Linux Arm, so it may not be officially supported even here.

I already reported a boot issue on the the main 4.19 thread, but unfortunately I was never able to get to the bottom of it, as right now I have limited access to an external display to connect to the pi during boot. Might as well report that I am still experiencing it on latest 4.19.17-v8+ build.

Basically the pi hangs on boot around 3/5 of all boots. The pi will hang at some point during boot and the Pi LEDs will hang on solid red and green. The only way to rectify it is to disconnect power and try again. It seems to be random. I have it connected to a USB PiDrive and also Ethernet using gigabit. Having these disconnected at boot seems to have no effect on issue. I just have to keep unplugging power and plugging it back in to the power, and eventually the pi will boot up successfully.

Once the Pi boots successfully it seems to run absolutely fine, and can be relied upon solidly for weeks. I have therefore only been restarting it when I attempt to update the kernel and am on site to retry the restarts until it boots successfully.
64bit userspace isn't being looked at currently, but most things should work there with the exception of GPU accelerated multimedia.

Sorry, your problem sounds like a job for a serial console to see what is going on, and I'd need to know the configuration (particularly if using legacy, fkms, or kms graphics driver). All of my builds have been remarkably reliable.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

6by9

Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:19 pm

Just to document what is understood to be the current state of play:
- The vc4-fkms-v3d issue appears to be one with 4.19 generally.
- The legacy issue on startx appears to be a 64bit 4.19 issue. I'm suspecting something around the framebuffer driver.
Investigations still ongoing.

Gavinmc42

Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:42 pm

Are you using the latest mesa?
I noticed Eric and Rasterman have fixed few VC4 issues in 18.3.3
https://mesa3d.org/relnotes/18.3.3.html.

How can we tell if it is 4.19 issues or GPU driver issues?
We have so many varitaions of kernel and gpu drivers it is going to be confusing, well for me it is :oops:
USB will be kernel?
What issue will this cause when we run from USB drives and not uSD card?
64bit userspace isn't being looked at currently, but most things should work there with the exception of GPU accelerated multimedia.
If Sakaki does a 4.19 dual 32/64 Raspbian we should be able to break things.
Right now the 4.14 dual version just works too well.

Is the intent to go 4.19 Raspbian and stay with with mesa 13.x?
So far I am finding mesa 18.x better than 13.x but I am comparing Raspbian32 and Gentoo64 so there are many differences.
I'm dancing on Rainbows.
Raspberries are not Apples or Oranges

cjan

Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:09 am

about VC4, there are some commits in 4.20 or 5RC, does all backport to 4.19?

6by9

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:15 am

Gavinmc42 wrote:
it's a Buster install, so 18.3.2 https://packages.debian.org/source/buster/mesa
They do seem to be taking most bumps in packages still, but seeing as 18.3.3 was only 7 days ago it's reasonable that they haven't taken it yet.
Gavinmc42 wrote:How can we tell if it is 4.19 issues or GPU driver issues?
I'm not expecting you to know. If you have an issue when running a 64bit 4.19 kernel, then please report it. If you have a repeatable way of triggering the issue then even better.
Gavinmc42 wrote:We have so many varitaions of kernel and gpu drivers it is going to be confusing, well for me it is :oops:
This thread is ONLY for 64bit 4.19 kernels.
So there are 3 variations on graphics driver - I'm interested in problems on all of them.
Gavinmc42 wrote:USB will be kernel?
What issue will this cause when we run from USB drives and not uSD card?
Pass. Probably minimal.
There are 4 main transfer types with USB - Control, Interrupt, Isochronous, and Bulk.
AIUI it is isochronous that has the problem and is used by webcams and audio interfaces. Storage devices use bulk transfers, which seem fine.
If Sakaki does a 4.19 dual 32/64 Raspbian we should be able to break things.
Right now the 4.14 dual version just works too well.

Is the intent to go 4.19 Raspbian and stay with with mesa 13.x?
So far I am finding mesa 18.x better than 13.x but I am comparing Raspbian32 and Gentoo64 so there are many differences.
[/quote]
Right now the intent is to scope out how well 4.19 works on 64bit and making sure the same kernel functionality is present. I largely don't care about userspace.

6by9

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:18 am

cjan wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:09 am
about VC4, there are some commits in 4.20 or 5RC, does all backport to 4.19?
https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html

If there is some useful functionality in vc4 for 4.20 or 5.0.0 then we will look at cherry-picking back. We don't do it routinely as most changes require matching mesa updates, and once Debian Buster hits freeze those will be fairly infrequent.

Gavinmc42

Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:44 am

We keep an eye on this?
https://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/
History shows releases when critical bugs <1000?
About 6 months?

Nice to know bulk USB works, was a bit worried.
BRANCH=next and USB cameras here I come :lol:
I'm dancing on Rainbows.
Raspberries are not Apples or Oranges

kozman

Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:09 pm

jimbojones wrote:

Don't know how much it'll help but the 4.19.19 update was pushed the other day. From what I can see, the BCM2708, 2709 and 2710 drivers were updated against 4.19.19 as well. They were at 4.19.4 or 5 last I checked. So, might have improved things a tad. Care to test and report back?

kozman

Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:14 pm

Gavinmc42 wrote:
But unless I am mistaken, that would only work / help against the DRM driver from Eric, right? Haven't heard too much positive news about 18.3, especially for AMD GPU users.

6by9

Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:32 pm

kozman wrote:
Don't know how much it'll help but the 4.19.19 update was pushed the other day. From what I can see, the BCM2708, 2709 and 2710 drivers were updated against 4.19.19 as well. They were at 4.19.4 or 5 last I checked. So, might have improved things a tad. Care to test and report back?
The rpi-4.19.y branch is being rebased regularly as upstream updates are released. Once we consider it stable and suitable for widespread use we'll switch to merge commits instead.
jimbojones has already said he was running against 4.19.17, so yesterday's bump to 4.19.19 is unlikely to produce any great surprises.

kozman

Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:01 pm

6by9 wrote:
kozman wrote:
The rpi-4.19.y branch is being rebased regularly as upstream updates are released. Once we consider it stable and suitable for widespread use we'll switch to merge commits instead.
jimbojones has already said he was running against 4.19.17, so yesterday's bump to 4.19.19 is unlikely to produce any great surprises.
Hope springs eternal? =)

kozman

Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:29 pm

kozman wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:01 pm
6by9 wrote:
kozman wrote:
Hope springs eternal? =)
Looking like 4.19.21 is a nice big update with ARM fixes and even on VC4 fix dating back to Nov. Goes to show there's always more blood to be squeezed from the proverbial stone.

jimbojones

Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:16 pm

6by9 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:04 pm

Sorry, your problem sounds like a job for a serial console to see what is going on, and I'd need to know the configuration (particularly if using legacy, fkms, or kms graphics driver). All of my builds have been remarkably reliable.
That's what I was afraid to hear. I will try and make getting a serial console cable and setting that up a priority.

What I can tell you is that as far as I am aware I am running the legacy graphics driver. I have the pi running headless, and so in terms of graphics have installed nothing beyond what comes as standard in the official raspberrypi kernel source tree build using the standard bcmrpi3_defconfig with no additional changes, as well as the latest bootcode.bin and start*.elf, fixup*.dat from the next branch of raspberrypi/firmware.

Not sure if this helps?
kozman wrote:
I tried upgrading to 4.19.19, and this actually made things a lot worse! :?: For the first time I could no longer boot after a couple of attempts, and could only successfully boot once or twice during the course of several days. I ended up rolling back to 4.19.17 and have gone back to the success rate of around 3/5 attempts. Sorry I can not be of more use with some actual dmesg output :oops:

kozman

Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:26 pm

kozman wrote:
I tried upgrading to 4.19.19, and this actually made things a lot worse! :?: For the first time I could no longer boot after a couple of attempts, and could only successfully boot once or twice during the course of several days. I ended up rolling back to 4.19.17 and have gone back to the success rate of around 3/5 attempts. Sorry I can not be of more use with some actual dmesg output :oops:
I just updated both my Retropie and Raspbian to 4.19.19 and didn't encounter any issues with either update. Both booted fine. Do you have any tool you can use to test your SDCard integrity? Almost wondering if the FAT32 partition has some errors.

There's a new Debian version (9.8) to be minted on the 16th so I imagine that a new Raspbian will follow some time shortly thereafter. The 4.19.21 kernel was just released yesterday so I would guess the update for Pi will come in a weeks time or less. Quite a few fixes in the .21 release.

kozman

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:52 pm

kozman wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:26 pm
There's a new Debian version (9.8) to be minted on the 16th so I imagine that a new Raspbian will follow some time shortly thereafter. The 4.19.21 kernel was just released yesterday so I would guess the update for Pi will come in a weeks time or less. Quite a few fixes in the .21 release.
I just saw that the great changeover has begun. Very exciting for all Pi users!!!

jimbojones

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:50 pm

I am keeping my 3B+ on 4.19.17 for now. I have tried building 4.19.19 and 4.19.23, but both experience consistent kernel panics upon boot and fail to boot at all. I still experience the same issues with 4.19.17 that I reported before, and have expereinced on all 4.19 builds, which is inconsistent boots/unable to reboot. But at least on 4.19.17 I can have at least some success. Something about kernels >4.19.17 cause my pi to be unable to boot at all.

I can report that I was able to borrow a friend's monitor temporarily, and whilst I know it is not particularly useful, I can report some findings from the kernel panics.

On kernels ≤4.19.17 I believe the occasional kernel panics on boot may be to do with the network driver, as they seem to occur when the ethernet link tries to come up.

On kernels >4.19.17 I believe the consistent kernel panics are to do with the videocore drivers, as it seems to consistently panic when they are being loaded by the kernel. As far as I can see from dmesg output in a successfully booted ≤4.19.17 kernel, videocore drivers were not included in those kernels (at least, I don't videocore being loaded in those kernels).

I have ordered a serial cable and hope that I can be of more use once it arrives.

6by9

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:49 pm

vc4-fkms-v3d should now be fixed if you checkout the latest tree. https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/pull/2864 should have dealt with that issue.

@jimbojones: I can't help without debug logs, so there's nothing I can do to debug your issues at present. For me 4.19.23-v8 is totally stable, although the latest Buster update to mesa has broken X (but I don't care too much about X!)

sakaki

Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:51 pm

As it looks like rpi-4.19.y has just become the default branch [1], I've updated my bcmrpi3-kernel and bcmrpi3-kernel-bis 64-bit autobuilds accordingly; binary kernel tarballs are therefore available [2] for anyone who'd like to have a play (see links just given, for download instructions) ^-^

Hint: you may have better luck using vc4-kms-v3d than vc4-fkms-v3d with these kernels atm.

hth, sakaki

[1] thanks antonlacon for the heads up on this
[2] for avoidance of doubt, there's nothing 'Gentoo-specific' about these kernel tarballs

6by9

Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:23 am

sakaki wrote:
Hint: you may have better luck using vc4-kms-v3d than vc4-fkms-v3d with these kernels atm.
What issues are you seeing with fkms? I thought I'd got to the bottom of the issue on fkms and it is working fine for me.
Buster appears to have a broken Mesa at the moment though, so x is giving me issues. Just another thing to investigate.

sakaki

Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:29 pm

6by9 wrote:
What issues are you seeing with fkms? I thought I'd got to the bottom of the issue on fkms and it is working fine for me.
Buster appears to have a broken Mesa at the moment though, so x is giving me issues. Just another thing to investigate.
With fkms, the kernel either seems to boot fine, or else gets stuck during boot with an unreadably large number of oopses getting output to the console, basically forever, and without networking up. In kms mode, it generally boots OK. Using the most recent bcmrpi3-kernel-bis release and most recent RPi firmware, on my gentoo image, it always boots under kms, but I do get one (repeatable) oops. Here's a dmesg trace of the full boot sequence, if that helps (see from 22.775923):

Code: Select all

[    0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [...]
[    0.000000] Linux version 4.19.23-v8-e2d294132692-bis+ ([email protected]) (gcc version 7.3.0 (Gentoo 7.3.0-r3 p1.4)) #2 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 21 23:18:07 GMT 2019
[    0.000000] Machine model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
[    0.000000] efi: Getting EFI parameters from FDT:
[    0.000000] efi: UEFI not found.
[    0.000000] cma: Reserved 256 MiB at 0x000000001ec00000
[    0.000000] On node 0 totalpages: 255488
[    0.000000]   DMA32 zone: 3992 pages used for memmap
[    0.000000]   DMA32 zone: 0 pages reserved
[    0.000000]   DMA32 zone: 255488 pages, LIFO batch:63
[    0.000000] random: get_random_bytes called from start_kernel+0xb4/0x480 with crng_init=0
[    0.000000] percpu: Embedded 24 pages/cpu @(____ptrval____) s61208 r8192 d28904 u98304
[    0.000000] pcpu-alloc: s61208 r8192 d28904 u98304 alloc=24*4096
[    0.000000] pcpu-alloc: [0] 0 [0] 1 [0] 2 [0] 3 
[    0.000000] Detected VIPT I-cache on CPU0
[    0.000000] CPU features: enabling workaround for ARM erratum 843419
[    0.000000] CPU features: enabling workaround for ARM erratum 845719
[    0.000000] CPU features: detected: Kernel page table isolation (KPTI)
[    0.000000] Built 1 zonelists, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 251496
[    0.000000] Kernel command line: 8250.nr_uarts=0 cma=256M bcm2708_fb.fbwidth=1366 bcm2708_fb.fbheight=768 bcm2708_fb.fbdepth=16 bcm2708_fb.fbswap=1 vc_mem.mem_base=0x3f000000 vc_mem.mem_size=0x3f600000  dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 root=PARTUUID=7A0C8BB0-02 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait
[    0.000000] Dentry cache hash table entries: 131072 (order: 8, 1048576 bytes)
[    0.000000] Inode-cache hash table entries: 65536 (order: 7, 524288 bytes)
[    0.000000] Memory: 725740K/1021952K available (8124K kernel code, 926K rwdata, 2468K rodata, 2880K init, 919K bss, 34068K reserved, 262144K cma-reserved)
[    0.000000] SLUB: HWalign=64, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=4, Nodes=1
[    0.000000] ftrace: allocating 27637 entries in 108 pages
[    0.000000] rcu: Preemptible hierarchical RCU implementation.
[    0.000000] 	Tasks RCU enabled.
[    0.000000] NR_IRQS: 64, nr_irqs: 64, preallocated irqs: 0
[    0.000000] arch_timer: cp15 timer(s) running at 19.20MHz (phys).
[    0.000000] clocksource: arch_sys_counter: mask: 0xffffffffffffff max_cycles: 0x46d987e47, max_idle_ns: 440795202767 ns
[    0.000007] sched_clock: 56 bits at 19MHz, resolution 52ns, wraps every 4398046511078ns
[    0.000270] Console: colour dummy device 80x25
[    0.000941] console [tty0] enabled
[    0.001008] Calibrating delay loop (skipped), value calculated using timer frequency.. 38.40 BogoMIPS (lpj=19200)
[    0.001066] pid_max: default: 32768 minimum: 301
[    0.001481] Mount-cache hash table entries: 2048 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
[    0.001538] Mountpoint-cache hash table entries: 2048 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
[    0.002856] Disabling memory control group subsystem
[    0.009142] ASID allocator initialised with 32768 entries
[    0.011140] rcu: Hierarchical SRCU implementation.
[    0.013696] EFI services will not be available.
[    0.016233] smp: Bringing up secondary CPUs ...
[    0.024485] Detected VIPT I-cache on CPU1
[    0.024557] CPU1: Booted secondary processor 0x0000000001 [0x410fd034]
[    0.032609] Detected VIPT I-cache on CPU2
[    0.032661] CPU2: Booted secondary processor 0x0000000002 [0x410fd034]
[    0.040753] Detected VIPT I-cache on CPU3
[    0.040800] CPU3: Booted secondary processor 0x0000000003 [0x410fd034]
[    0.041007] smp: Brought up 1 node, 4 CPUs
[    0.041155] SMP: Total of 4 processors activated.
[    0.041191] CPU features: detected: 32-bit EL0 Support
[    0.044389] CPU: All CPU(s) started at EL2
[    0.044465] alternatives: patching kernel code
[    0.046366] devtmpfs: initialized
[    0.062254] Enabled cp15_barrier support
[    0.062319] Enabled setend support
[    0.062894] clocksource: jiffies: mask: 0xffffffff max_cycles: 0xffffffff, max_idle_ns: 1911260446275000 ns
[    0.062957] futex hash table entries: 1024 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
[    0.074741] pinctrl core: initialized pinctrl subsystem
[    0.075171] DMI not present or invalid.
[    0.075686] NET: Registered protocol family 16
[    0.081976] cpuidle: using governor menu
[    0.082506] vdso: 2 pages (1 code @ (____ptrval____), 1 data @ (____ptrval____))
[    0.082552] hw-breakpoint: found 6 breakpoint and 4 watchpoint registers.
[    0.087730] DMA: preallocated 256 KiB pool for atomic allocations
[    0.087924] Serial: AMBA PL011 UART driver
[    0.093078] bcm2835-mbox 3f00b880.mailbox: mailbox enabled
[    0.139473] bcm2835-dma 3f007000.dma: DMA legacy API manager at (____ptrval____), dmachans=0x1
[    0.142013] SCSI subsystem initialized
[    0.142326] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
[    0.142423] usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
[    0.142598] usbcore: registered new device driver usb
[    0.144845] raspberrypi-firmware soc:firmware: Attached to firmware from 2019-02-12 19:43, variant start_cd
[    0.145859] raspberrypi-firmware soc:firmware: Firmware hash is 8eff5e4023657a8b3b59e1f90dc966f62d74908c
[    0.148798] clocksource: Switched to clocksource arch_sys_counter
[    0.272199] VFS: Disk quotas dquot_6.6.0
[    0.272337] VFS: Dquot-cache hash table entries: 512 (order 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.272576] FS-Cache: Loaded
[    0.272979] CacheFiles: Loaded
[    0.286547] NET: Registered protocol family 2
[    0.287593] tcp_listen_portaddr_hash hash table entries: 512 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
[    0.287669] TCP established hash table entries: 8192 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
[    0.287870] TCP bind hash table entries: 8192 (order: 5, 131072 bytes)
[    0.288092] TCP: Hash tables configured (established 8192 bind 8192)
[    0.288373] UDP hash table entries: 512 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
[    0.288450] UDP-Lite hash table entries: 512 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
[    0.288860] NET: Registered protocol family 1
[    0.289880] RPC: Registered named UNIX socket transport module.
[    0.289917] RPC: Registered udp transport module.
[    0.289947] RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
[    0.289977] RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.
[    0.292530] hw perfevents: enabled with armv8_pmuv3 PMU driver, 7 counters available
[    0.293117] hw perfevents: enabled with armv8_cortex_a53 PMU driver, 7 counters available
[    0.293300] kvm [1]: 8-bit VMID
[    0.294096] kvm [1]: Hyp mode initialized successfully
[    0.297021] Initialise system trusted keyrings
[    0.297436] workingset: timestamp_bits=46 max_order=18 bucket_order=0
[    0.306879] zbud: loaded
[    0.309913] FS-Cache: Netfs 'nfs' registered for caching
[    0.311021] NFS: Registering the id_resolver key type
[    0.311083] Key type id_resolver registered
[    0.311114] Key type id_legacy registered
[    0.315532] Key type asymmetric registered
[    0.315576] Asymmetric key parser 'x509' registered
[    0.315663] Block layer SCSI generic (bsg) driver version 0.4 loaded (major 251)
[    0.316003] io scheduler noop registered
[    0.316037] io scheduler deadline registered (default)
[    0.316282] io scheduler cfq registered
[    0.316316] io scheduler mq-deadline registered (default)
[    0.316349] io scheduler kyber registered
[    0.323475] bcm2835-rng 3f104000.rng: hwrng registered
[    0.323868] vc-mem: phys_addr:0x00000000 mem_base=0x3f000000 mem_size:0x3f600000(1014 MiB)
[    0.324917] gpiomem-bcm2835 3f200000.gpiomem: Initialised: Registers at 0x3f200000
[    0.325295] cacheinfo: Unable to detect cache hierarchy for CPU 0
[    0.341192] brd: module loaded
[    0.356859] loop: module loaded
[    0.356909] Loading iSCSI transport class v2.0-870.
[    0.358180] libphy: Fixed MDIO Bus: probed
[    0.358346] usbcore: registered new interface driver lan78xx
[    0.358442] usbcore: registered new interface driver smsc95xx
[    0.358487] dwc_otg: version 3.00a 10-AUG-2012 (platform bus)
[    0.384230] dwc_otg 3f980000.usb: base=(____ptrval____)
[    0.585085] Core Release: 2.80a
[    0.585119] Setting default values for core params
[    0.585169] Finished setting default values for core params
[    0.785828] Using Buffer DMA mode
[    0.785859] Periodic Transfer Interrupt Enhancement - disabled
[    0.785891] Multiprocessor Interrupt Enhancement - disabled
[    0.785924] OTG VER PARAM: 0, OTG VER FLAG: 0
[    0.785967] Dedicated Tx FIFOs mode
[    0.787173] WARN::dwc_otg_hcd_init:1049: FIQ DMA bounce buffers: virt = ffffff8008211000 dma = 0x00000000dec44000 len=9024
[    0.787241] FIQ FSM acceleration enabled for :
               Non-periodic Split Transactions
               Periodic Split Transactions
               High-Speed Isochronous Endpoints
               Interrupt/Control Split Transaction hack enabled
[    0.787326] dwc_otg: Microframe scheduler enabled
[    0.787412] WARN::hcd_init_fiq:484: MPHI regs_base at ffffff800803d000
[    0.787581] dwc_otg 3f980000.usb: DWC OTG Controller
[    0.787661] dwc_otg 3f980000.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
[    0.787741] dwc_otg 3f980000.usb: irq 9, io mem 0x00000000
[    0.787847] Init: Port Power? op_state=1
[    0.787876] Init: Power Port (0)
[    0.788285] usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002, bcdDevice= 4.19
[    0.788333] usb usb1: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=X
[    0.788375] usb usb1: Product: DWC OTG Controller
[    0.788409] usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 4.19.23-v8-e2d294132692-bis+ dwc_otg_hcd
[    0.788450] usb usb1: SerialNumber: 0.usb
[    0.789339] hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    0.789430] hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected
[    0.790340] dwc_otg: FIQ enabled
[    0.790352] dwc_otg: NAK holdoff enabled
[    0.790363] dwc_otg: FIQ split-transaction FSM enabled
[    0.790381] Module dwc_common_port init
[    0.790832] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
[    0.792284] bcm2835-wdt 3f100000.watchdog: Broadcom BCM2835 watchdog timer
[    0.792843] bcm2835-cpufreq: min=600000 max=1400000
[    0.793708] sdhci: Secure Digital Host Controller Interface driver
[    0.793771] sdhci: Copyright(c) Pierre Ossman
[    0.794395] mmc-bcm2835 3f300000.mmc: could not get clk, deferring probe
[    0.795043] sdhost-bcm2835 3f202000.mmc: could not get clk, deferring probe
[    0.795320] sdhci-pltfm: SDHCI platform and OF driver helper
[    0.797336] ledtrig-cpu: registered to indicate activity on CPUs
[    0.797559] hidraw: raw HID events driver (C) Jiri Kosina
[    0.797864] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
[    0.797899] usbhid: USB HID core driver
[    0.798239] Initializing XFRM netlink socket
[    0.798319] NET: Registered protocol family 17
[    0.798493] Key type dns_resolver registered
[    0.799845] registered taskstats version 1
[    0.799889] Loading compiled-in X.509 certificates
[    0.800045] zswap: loaded using pool lzo/zbud
[    0.813056] uart-pl011 3f201000.serial: cts_event_workaround enabled
[    0.813223] 3f201000.serial: ttyAMA0 at MMIO 0x3f201000 (irq = 66, base_baud = 0) is a PL011 rev2
[    0.816152] mmc-bcm2835 3f300000.mmc: mmc_debug:0 mmc_debug2:0
[    0.816197] mmc-bcm2835 3f300000.mmc: DMA channel allocated
[    0.843317] sdhost: log_buf @ (____ptrval____) (dec43000)
[    0.860111] mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (2 bytes)
[    0.861787] mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (3 bytes)
[    0.863456] mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (3 bytes)
[    0.866453] mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (7 bytes)
[    0.893375] mmc0: sdhost-bcm2835 loaded - DMA enabled (>1)
[    0.896073] of_cfs_init
[    0.896280] of_cfs_init: OK
[    0.897181] Waiting for root device PARTUUID=7A0C8BB0-02...
[    0.946410] random: fast init done
[    0.954808] mmc1: new high speed SDIO card at address 0001
[    1.003842] Indeed it is in host mode hprt0 = 00021501
[    1.209831] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using dwc_otg
[    1.210076] Indeed it is in host mode hprt0 = 00001101
[    1.397287] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0424, idProduct=2514, bcdDevice= b.b3
[    1.397335] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
[    1.398314] hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
[    1.398499] hub 1-1:1.0: 4 ports detected
[    1.686832] usb 1-1.1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using dwc_otg
[    1.775288] usb 1-1.1: New USB device found, idVendor=0424, idProduct=2514, bcdDevice= b.b3
[    1.775337] usb 1-1.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
[    1.776133] hub 1-1.1:1.0: USB hub found
[    1.776322] hub 1-1.1:1.0: 3 ports detected
[    1.853824] usb 1-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 4 using dwc_otg
[    1.968363] usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=1c40, idProduct=04d4, bcdDevice= 1.00
[    1.968413] usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
[    1.989896] input: HID 1c40:04d4 as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.0/0003:1C40:04D4.0001/input/input0
[    2.042733] hid-generic 0003:1C40:04D4.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.11 Keyboard [HID 1c40:04d4] on usb-3f980000.usb-1.2/input0
[    2.065831] usb 1-1.1.2: new low-speed USB device number 5 using dwc_otg
[    2.072823] input: HID 1c40:04d4 as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.1/0003:1C40:04D4.0002/input/input1
[    2.073126] hid-generic 0003:1C40:04D4.0002: input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.11 Mouse [HID 1c40:04d4] on usb-3f980000.usb-1.2/input1
[    2.088137] input: HID 1c40:04d4 Consumer Control as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.2/0003:1C40:04D4.0003/input/input2
[    2.140025] input: HID 1c40:04d4 System Control as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.2/0003:1C40:04D4.0003/input/input3
[    2.140322] hid-generic 0003:1C40:04D4.0003: input,hidraw2: USB HID v1.11 Device [HID 1c40:04d4] on usb-3f980000.usb-1.2/input2
[    2.160726] usb 1-1.1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=04f2, idProduct=0909, bcdDevice= 1.00
[    2.160816] usb 1-1.1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[    2.160860] usb 1-1.1.2: Product: USB Optical Mouse
[    2.160903] usb 1-1.1.2: Manufacturer: PixArt
[    2.166072] input: PixArt USB Optical Mouse as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.1/1-1.1.2/1-1.1.2:1.0/0003:04F2:0909.0004/input/input4
[    2.166356] hid-generic 0003:04F2:0909.0004: input,hidraw3: USB HID v1.11 Mouse [PixArt USB Optical Mouse] on usb-3f980000.usb-1.1.2/input0
[    2.175219] random: crng init done
[    2.335825] usb 1-1.3: new high-speed USB device number 6 using dwc_otg
[    2.504315] usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=152d, idProduct=1561, bcdDevice= 2.04
[    2.504365] usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[    2.504407] usb 1-1.3: Product: SABRENT
[    2.504439] usb 1-1.3: Manufacturer: SABRENT
[    2.504472] usb 1-1.3: SerialNumber: 0
[    2.505395] usb 1-1.3: The driver for the USB controller dwc_otg_hcd does not support scatter-gather which is
[    2.505463] usb 1-1.3: required by the UAS driver. Please try an other USB controller if you wish to use UAS.
[    2.505512] usb-storage 1-1.3:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[    2.506225] scsi host0: usb-storage 1-1.3:1.0
[    2.578822] usb 1-1.1.1: new high-speed USB device number 7 using dwc_otg
[    2.667525] usb 1-1.1.1: New USB device found, idVendor=0424, idProduct=7800, bcdDevice= 3.00
[    2.667574] usb 1-1.1.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
[    2.936102] lan78xx 1-1.1.1:1.0 (unnamed net_device) (uninitialized): No External EEPROM. Setting MAC Speed
[    2.937869] libphy: lan78xx-mdiobus: probed
[    2.948018] lan78xx 1-1.1.1:1.0 (unnamed net_device) (uninitialized): int urb period 64
[    3.555820] scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access     SABRENT                   0204 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6
[    6.862444] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 488397168 512-byte logical blocks: (250 GB/233 GiB)
[    6.863063] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[    6.863105] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 47 00 00 08
[    6.863670] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: enabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[    6.868319]  sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
[    6.872672] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI disk
[    6.881417] EXT4-fs (sda2): INFO: recovery required on readonly filesystem
[    6.881469] EXT4-fs (sda2): write access will be enabled during recovery
[    6.947976] EXT4-fs (sda2): recovery complete
[    6.977318] EXT4-fs (sda2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[    6.977441] VFS: Mounted root (ext4 filesystem) readonly on device 8:2.
[    7.003870] devtmpfs: mounted
[    7.011994] Freeing unused kernel memory: 2880K
[    7.012228] Run /sbin/init as init process
[   21.845290] udevd[1003]: starting version 3.2.7
[   21.921631] udevd[1004]: starting eudev-3.2.7
[   22.207625] vchiq: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
[   22.223957] vchiq: vchiq_init_state: slot_zero = 000000005c3160bb, is_master = 0
[   22.328189] snd_bcm2835: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
[   22.333694] bcm2835_alsa bcm2835_alsa: card created with 8 channels
[   22.445433] vc_sm_cma: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
[   22.447293] bcm2835_vc_sm_cma_probe: Videocore shared memory driver
[   22.447308] [vc_sm_connected_init]: start
[   22.447492] vc_sm_cma_vchi_init: failed to open VCHI service (-1)
[   22.447501] [vc_sm_connected_init]: failed to initialize shared memory service
[   22.447507] [vc_sm_connected_init]: failed, ret -1
[   22.504571] usbcore: registered new interface driver uas
[   22.511419] media: Linux media interface: v0.10
[   22.611186] cfg80211: Loading compiled-in X.509 certificates for regulatory database
[   22.616691] videodev: Linux video capture interface: v2.00
[   22.623724] vc4_hdmi 3f902000.hdmi: ASoC: Failed to create component debugfs directory
[   22.626034] vc4_hdmi 3f902000.hdmi: vc4-hdmi-hifi <-> 3f902000.hdmi mapping ok
[   22.626081] vc4_hdmi 3f902000.hdmi: ASoC: no DMI vendor name!
[   22.633347] vc4-drm soc:gpu: bound 3f902000.hdmi (ops vc4_fence_ops [vc4])
[   22.633604] vc4-drm soc:gpu: bound 3f806000.vec (ops vc4_fence_ops [vc4])
[   22.633849] vc4-drm soc:gpu: bound 3f004000.txp (ops vc4_fence_ops [vc4])
[   22.634055] vc4-drm soc:gpu: bound 3f400000.hvs (ops vc4_fence_ops [vc4])
[   22.634291] vc4-drm soc:gpu: bound 3f206000.pixelvalve (ops cleanup_module [vc4])
[   22.634477] vc4-drm soc:gpu: bound 3f207000.pixelvalve (ops cleanup_module [vc4])
[   22.634721] vc4-drm soc:gpu: bound 3f807000.pixelvalve (ops cleanup_module [vc4])
[   22.654391] cfg80211: Loaded X.509 cert 'sforshee: 00b28ddf47aef9cea7'
[   22.684034] vc4-drm soc:gpu: bound 3fc00000.v3d (ops vc4_fence_ops [vc4])
[   22.685312] [drm] Initialized vc4 0.0.0 20140616 for soc:gpu on minor 0
[   22.685326] [drm] Supports vblank timestamp caching Rev 2 (21.10.2013).
[   22.685330] [drm] Driver supports precise vblank timestamp query.
[   22.705337] bcm2835_mmal_vchiq: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
[   22.707500] bcm2835_mmal_vchiq: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
[   22.724417] Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 170x48
[   22.731868] bcm2835_v4l2: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
[   22.736848] bcm2835_mmal_vchiq: Failed to open VCHI service connection (status=-1)
[   22.745524] vc4-drm soc:gpu: fb0: DRM emulated frame buffer device
[   22.746126] bcm2835_codec: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
[   22.749002] bcm2835-codec bcm2835-codec: Device registered as /dev/video11
[   22.750922] bcm2835_mmal_vchiq: Failed to open VCHI service connection (status=-1)
[   22.754437] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio for chip BCM4345/6
[   22.755346] usbcore: registered new interface driver brcmfmac
[   22.756608] : Removing bcm2835-codec
[   22.775923] Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 0000000000000050
[   22.775931] Mem abort info:
[   22.775937]   ESR = 0x96000005
[   22.775945]   Exception class = DABT (current EL), IL = 32 bits
[   22.775949]   SET = 0, FnV = 0
[   22.775954]   EA = 0, S1PTW = 0
[   22.775958] Data abort info:
[   22.775963]   ISV = 0, ISS = 0x00000005
[   22.775968]   CM = 0, WnR = 0
[   22.775977] user pgtable: 4k pages, 39-bit VAs, pgdp = 0000000017136318
[   22.775982] [0000000000000050] pgd=0000000000000000, pud=0000000000000000
[   22.775999] Internal error: Oops: 96000005 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
[   22.776131] Modules linked in: bcm2835_codec(C) brcmfmac bcm2835_v4l2(C) v4l2_mem2mem bcm2835_mmal_vchiq(C) videobuf2_dma_contig videobuf2_vmalloc videobuf2_memops videobuf2_v4l2 brcmutil videobuf2_common sha256_generic v4l2_common vc4 videodev cfg80211 media uas joydev snd_soc_core evdev vc_sm_cma(C) snd_pcm_dmaengine drm_kms_helper rfkill snd_bcm2835(C) drm snd_pcm snd_timer drm_panel_orientation_quirks syscopyarea sysfillrect sysimgblt snd fb_sys_fops i2c_bcm2835 vchiq(C) spi_bcm2835 uio_pdrv_genirq uio
[   22.776994] CPU: 2 PID: 1116 Comm: openrc-run.sh Tainted: G         C        4.19.23-v8-e2d294132692-bis+ #2
[   22.777163] Hardware name: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3 (DT)
[   22.777277] pstate: 40000005 (nZcv daif -PAN -UAO)
[   22.777372] pc : free_pipe_info+0x64/0xa8
[   22.777449] lr : free_pipe_info+0x30/0xa8
[   22.777521] sp : ffffff8009a13bf0
[   22.777582] x29: ffffff8009a13bf0 x28: fffffff638ed9d00 
[   22.777681] x27: 0000000000000000 x26: fffffff639a918c0 
[   22.777780] x25: 0000000056000000 x24: fffffff638eda494 
[   22.777878] x23: fffffff63c376e40 x22: fffffff63cee44a0 
[   22.777977] x21: 0000000000000028 x20: 0000000000000001 
[   22.778074] x19: fffffff63beae800 x18: 0000000000000000 
[   22.778171] x17: 0000000000000000 x16: 0000000000000096 
[   22.778273] x15: 0000000000000000 x14: 0000000000000000 
[   22.778369] x13: 0000000000000000 x12: 0000000000000000 
[   22.778464] x11: 0000000000000000 x10: 0000000000000000 
[   22.778560] x9 : 0000000000000000 x8 : 0000000000000000 
[   22.778655] x7 : 0000000000000000 x6 : 0000000000000000 
[   22.781861] x5 : 0000000000000000 x4 : 0000000000000010 
[   22.785028] x3 : 0000000000000040 x2 : fffffff63bb4c000 
[   22.788170] x1 : fffffff63bb4c000 x0 : fffffff63beae800 
[   22.791353] Process openrc-run.sh (pid: 1116, stack limit = 0x00000000ab7cff46)
[   22.794604] Call trace:
[   22.797775]  free_pipe_info+0x64/0xa8
[   22.800924]  put_pipe_info+0x6c/0x80
[   22.804062]  pipe_release+0xa8/0xc0
[   22.807209]  __fput+0x94/0x1c8
[   22.810349]  ____fput+0x20/0x30
[   22.813507]  task_work_run+0x9c/0xc0
[   22.816683]  get_signal+0x65c/0x690
[   22.819853]  do_signal+0x88/0x2b8
[   22.823035]  do_notify_resume+0x118/0x158
[   22.826260]  work_pending+0x8/0x14
[   22.829432] Code: aa0203e1 f9400843 b40000a3 f900085f (f9400862) 
[   22.832639] ---[ end trace a9eb6a9cc0c20377 ]---
[   22.937191] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio for chip BCM4345/6
[   22.995255] brcmfmac: brcmf_c_preinit_dcmds: Firmware: BCM4345/6 wl0: Mar  1 2015 07:29:38 version 7.45.18 (r538002) FWID 01-6a2c8ad4
[   23.984226] EXT4-fs (sda2): re-mounted. Opts: (null)
[   24.382009] Adding 10485756k swap on /dev/sda3.  Priority:-2 extents:1 across:10485756k FS
[   24.580270] EXT4-fs (sda4): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[   28.051512] i2c /dev entries driver
[   30.128242] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22
[   30.131502] NET: Registered protocol family 31
[   30.134514] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
[   30.137554] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
[   30.140714] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
[   30.143905] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
[   30.183933] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
[   30.187055] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
[   30.189988] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized
[   30.266744] NET: Registered protocol family 10
[   30.270938] Segment Routing with IPv6
[   32.473672] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
[   32.487666] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
[   37.883204] NFS: bad mount option value specified: minorversion=1
[   38.454221] uart-pl011 3f201000.serial: no DMA platform data
[   38.527071] Bluetooth: HCI UART driver ver 2.3
[   38.530045] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol H4 registered
[   38.533120] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol Three-wire (H5) registered
[   38.536189] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol Broadcom registered
[   38.845237] Adding 10485756k swap on /dev/sda3.  Priority:-2 extents:1 across:10485756k FS
[   45.389472] WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 3125 at drivers/gpu/drm/drm_vblank.c:620 drm_calc_vbltimestamp_from_scanoutpos+0x220/0x528 [drm]
[   45.389498] Modules linked in: lz4 lz4_compress hci_uart btbcm serdev rpcsec_gss_krb5 ipv6 bnep bluetooth ecdh_generic i2c_dev bcm2835_codec(C) brcmfmac bcm2835_v4l2(C) v4l2_mem2mem bcm2835_mmal_vchiq(C) videobuf2_dma_contig videobuf2_vmalloc videobuf2_memops videobuf2_v4l2 brcmutil videobuf2_common sha256_generic v4l2_common vc4 videodev cfg80211 media uas joydev snd_soc_core evdev vc_sm_cma(C) snd_pcm_dmaengine drm_kms_helper rfkill snd_bcm2835(C) drm snd_pcm snd_timer drm_panel_orientation_quirks syscopyarea sysfillrect sysimgblt snd fb_sys_fops i2c_bcm2835 vchiq(C) spi_bcm2835 uio_pdrv_genirq uio
[   45.389643] CPU: 1 PID: 3125 Comm: xfwm4 Tainted: G      D  C        4.19.23-v8-e2d294132692-bis+ #2
[   45.389648] Hardware name: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3 (DT)
[   45.389656] pstate: 40000085 (nZcv daIf -PAN -UAO)
[   45.389705] pc : drm_calc_vbltimestamp_from_scanoutpos+0x220/0x528 [drm]
[   45.389747] lr : drm_calc_vbltimestamp_from_scanoutpos+0x204/0x528 [drm]
[   45.389752] sp : ffffff800eb7b980
[   45.389757] x29: ffffff800eb7b9a0 x28: 0000000000000000 
[   45.389766] x27: fffffff63bbf3000 x26: fffffff63bbf3078 
[   45.389776] x25: ffffff800eb7bad0 x24: 0000000000000000 
[   45.389786] x23: ffffff800eb7ba64 x22: 0000000000000000 
[   45.389795] x21: fffffff63bbf3000 x20: fffffff63bec5000 
[   45.389805] x19: ffffff99fddb8000 x18: 0000000000000000 
[   45.389814] x17: 0000000000000000 x16: 0000000000000000 
[   45.389823] x15: 0000000000000000 x14: 0000000000000000 
[   45.389833] x13: 0000000000000000 x12: 0000000000000000 
[   45.389842] x11: 0000000000000000 x10: 0000000000000000 
[   45.389852] x9 : 0000000000000000 x8 : ffffff99ae3dd488 
[   45.389862] x7 : 0000000100000001 x6 : 0000000000000000 
[   45.389871] x5 : ffffff99ae1ae3c0 x4 : 0000000000000000 
[   45.389881] x3 : fffffff63bec53a0 x2 : 0000000000000000 
[   45.389890] x1 : 74e7be0b9cd70900 x0 : 000000000005f040 
[   45.389901] Call trace:
[   45.389944]  drm_calc_vbltimestamp_from_scanoutpos+0x220/0x528 [drm]
[   45.389987]  drm_crtc_vblank_reset+0x128/0x170 [drm]
[   45.390029]  drm_crtc_send_vblank_event+0x274/0x428 [drm]
[   45.390071]  drm_crtc_accurate_vblank_count+0x1c0/0x308 [drm]
[   45.390112]  drm_crtc_accurate_vblank_count+0x2e4/0x308 [drm]
[   45.390156]  drm_wait_vblank_ioctl+0x114/0x5f8 [drm]
[   45.390198]  drm_ioctl_kernel+0x94/0x150 [drm]
[   45.390239]  drm_ioctl+0x1c4/0x5a8 [drm]
[   45.390255]  do_vfs_ioctl+0xc4/0x890
[   45.390262]  ksys_ioctl+0x50/0x80
[   45.390271]  __arm64_sys_ioctl+0x28/0x38
[   45.390281]  el0_svc_common+0x7c/0x138
[   45.390288]  el0_svc_handler+0x38/0x78
[   45.390296]  el0_svc+0x8/0xc
[   45.390301] ---[ end trace a9eb6a9cc0c20378 ]---
[   49.659541] vc4_hdmi 3f902000.hdmi: ASoC: can't open interface 3f902000.hdmi: -19
[   49.661027] vc4_hdmi 3f902000.hdmi: ASoC: can't open interface 3f902000.hdmi: -19
[   49.665099] vc4_hdmi 3f902000.hdmi: ASoC: can't open interface 3f902000.hdmi: -19
[   49.984519] vc4_hdmi 3f902000.hdmi: ASoC: can't open interface 3f902000.hdmi: -19
[   49.986587] vc4_hdmi 3f902000.hdmi: ASoC: can't open interface 3f902000.hdmi: -19
[   49.993081] vc4_hdmi 3f902000.hdmi: ASoC: can't open interface 3f902000.hdmi: -19
[   49.997862] vc4_hdmi 3f902000.hdmi: ASoC: can't open interface 3f902000.hdmi: -19
[   55.315549] Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized
[   55.315618] Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized
[   55.315674] Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.11
This is an RPi3B+ with an RPi camera module connected.

Going to use a recent 4.14.y for the next drop of the gentoo image, which is in final prep - going to switch back to that now. Will have a bit more bandwidth to check this once that's out the door.

hth, sakaki

6by9

Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:14 pm

bcm2835_mmal_vchiq: Failed to open VCHI service connection (status=-1)
is an odd one. One of the main changes with 4.19 is that all the VCHI services (V4L2 for the camera, codec, vcsm, and should have been bcm2835_audio for audio) should all be loaded as platform drivers from the main VCHI driver. It therefore shouldn't be possible to get a failure when trying to connect over VCHI.
It would appear that there is something wrong in the error handling path of the codec driver though to cause the oops.

[   45.389472] WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 3125 at drivers/gpu/drm/drm_vblank.c:620 drm_calc_vbltimestamp_from_scanoutpos+0x220/0x528 [drm]
is from

if (mode->crtc_clock == 0) {
		DRM_DEBUG("crtc %u: Noop due to uninitialized mode.\n", pipe);
		WARN_ON_ONCE(drm_drv_uses_atomic_modeset(dev));
		}
That means next to nothing to me at present.

Depending on what bandwidth I have available I may grab one of your images and see what I can found out from it. Admittedly I don't start X, but I've been finding 4.19 rock solid.

kozman

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:00 pm

6by9 wrote:
sakaki wrote:

Hoping Buster will be updated to Mesa 18.3.4. I saw a couple VC4 issues fixed in x.x.3 & x.x.4 which might help.

cjan

Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:47 pm

kozman wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:00 pm
6by9 wrote:
sakaki wrote:

Hoping Buster will be updated to Mesa 18.3.4. I saw a couple VC4 issues fixed in x.x.3 & x.x.4 which might help.
yep, had 18.3.2 issue and update to 18.3.3 solved.

Return to “Advanced users”