soydepr
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:51 am

resource busy coping image (sure linux)

Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 am

want to install sure linux on a new pi
following https://www.zdnet.com/article/raspberry ... use-linux/

when I try to write the image too sd card I get this

sh-3.2# xz -cd Downloads/SLES15-RaspberryPi.aarch64-15.0-GM.raw.xz | dd of=/dev/disk2s1
dd: /dev/disk2s1: Resource busy

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 19799
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: resource busy coping image

Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:33 pm

soydepr wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 am
want to install sure linux on a new pi
following https://www.zdnet.com/article/raspberry ... use-linux/

when I try to write the image too sd card I get this

sh-3.2# xz -cd Downloads/SLES15-RaspberryPi.aarch64-15.0-GM.raw.xz | dd of=/dev/disk2s1
dd: /dev/disk2s1: Resource busy

Etcher is a good tool for creating bootable SD Cards,. It unzips, writes and checks all in one operation:

https://www.balena.io/etcher/

Though the SD Card reader needs to be SDHC compliant........
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

soydepr
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:51 am

Re: resource busy coping image

Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:42 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:33 pm
soydepr wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 am
want to install sure linux on a new pi
following https://www.zdnet.com/article/raspberry ... use-linux/

when I try to write the image too sd card I get this

sh-3.2# xz -cd Downloads/SLES15-RaspberryPi.aarch64-15.0-GM.raw.xz | dd of=/dev/disk2s1
dd: /dev/disk2s1: Resource busy

Etcher is a good tool for creating bootable SD Cards,. It unzips, writes and checks all in one operation:

https://www.balena.io/etcher/

Though the SD Card reader needs to be SDHC compliant........
I now used etcher but when I boot I have the rainbow screen but nothing else. Btw trying suse Linux not sure Linux
Last edited by soydepr on Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 19799
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: resource busy coping image

Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:46 pm

soydepr wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:42 pm
fruitoftheloom wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:33 pm
soydepr wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 am
want to install sure linux on a new pi
following https://www.zdnet.com/article/raspberry ... use-linux/

when I try to write the image too sd card I get this

sh-3.2# xz -cd Downloads/SLES15-RaspberryPi.aarch64-15.0-GM.raw.xz | dd of=/dev/disk2s1
dd: /dev/disk2s1: Resource busy

Etcher is a good tool for creating bootable SD Cards,. It unzips, writes and checks all in one operation:

https://www.balena.io/etcher/

Though the SD Card reader needs to be SDHC compliant........
I now used etcher but when I boot I have the rainbow screen but nothing else

Do you have a Raspberry Pi 3B+ SBC ?

If so you need SUSE to update their Operating System !
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

soydepr
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:51 am

Re: resource busy coping image

Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:51 pm

I am trying on new pi 3 A+

this is what my sd looks like
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 7.48.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 7.48.40 AM.png (145.07 KiB) Viewed 977 times

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 19799
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: resource busy coping image

Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:52 pm

soydepr wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:51 pm
I am trying on new pi 3 A+

this is what my sd looks like

You need to contact Suse as the 3A needs a newer kernel / firmware.
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

User avatar
mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 11852
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:19 am
Location: South Holland, The Netherlands

Re: resource busy coping image (sure linux)

Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:36 pm

Only raspbian is sure to be updated for new hardware on the first day of launch, with other OS you are not "sure", it might take months, or even years before these are updated for newer hardware.

Return to “Other”