yoey

Raspberry Zero W + pHat DAC + access GPIO Pins

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:10 pm

I bought a Pimoroni pHat DAC for my Pi Zero. However, a thing I didn't consider, if I solder the included female header to my DAC and plug that onto my Zero. Then I'll lose access to the remaining GPIO pins. I would like to add buttons and one LED to my setup. Is there a way to do this? I haven't soldered any pins onto my Zero yet.

This is what I have right now, what additional pins do I need to buy and how do I need to assembly everything?

thagrol

Re: Raspberry Zero W + pHat DAC + access GPIO Pins

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:11 pm

A couple of off the shelf solutions spring to mind:
One a more DIY theme, only solder the pins required for the pHAT DAC to the zero, then solder the wires needed for your buttons and LED directly to the zero.

Disclaimer: I have no connection to Pimoroni other than being a satisfied customer. Other products and suppliers exist.
Attempts to contact me outside of thes forums will be ignored unless signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters

yoey

Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:05 am

First of all thanks!

I've a (probably stupid) follow up question. This header is what I need https://www.amazon.de/Adafruit-GPIO-Sta ... ng+Headers ? I have to solder this header to my pHat Dac, and then I can plug buttons (via wires and/or breadboard) to my phat Dac, which is connected/daisy chained to my Pi. Correct?

DougieLawson

Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:18 am

https://rasp.io do a FullPhat which allows two PHats on one Zero.

That frees up all the pins on my 2B which has a WIFI HAT on it.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

thagrol

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:08 pm

yoey wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:05 am
First of all thanks!

I've a (probably stupid) follow up question. This header is what I need https://www.amazon.de/Adafruit-GPIO-Sta ... ng+Headers ? I have to solder this header to my pHat Dac, and then I can plug buttons (via wires and/or breadboard) to my phat Dac, which is connected/daisy chained to my Pi. Correct?
yep
Attempts to contact me outside of thes forums will be ignored unless signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”