beepbop

from a beginner; want to make a kind of cctv

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:55 am

hi all,
i am being a bit lazy here, sorry for that. i am sure there is in forum answers here if i dig up but here i am.

basically i want to make kind of cctv that records video/takes photo and upload it to google photos via wi-fi (since it's unlimited storage for photos and videos and easy to view i thought it's a good idea, but i am open for anything else also, still thinking about it)

questions are: what is the ideal board for this? or what parameters should i decide first to pick the right board?

beside the camera module, i read some uses usb cameras, i believe also it's possible to connect some other cameras, right? there are some old cctv in my work places those recorded digitally, will i be able to connect one of those?

answers for those would give me a good start, i really appreciate any help. and after i believe it will lead me to more questions.
thanks in advance. have a nice day all.

fruitoftheloom

Re: from a beginner; want to make a kind of cctv

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:00 pm

beepbop wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:55 am
hi all,
i am being a bit lazy here, sorry for that. i am sure there is in forum answers here if i dig up but here i am.

basically i want to make kind of cctv that records video/takes photo and upload it to google photos via wi-fi (since it's unlimited storage for photos and videos and easy to view i thought it's a good idea, but i am open for anything else also, still thinking about it)

questions are: what is the ideal board for this? or what parameters should i decide first to pick the right board?

beside the camera module, i read some uses usb cameras, i believe also it's possible to connect some other cameras, right? there are some old cctv in my work places those recorded digitally, will i be able to connect one of those?

answers for those would give me a good start, i really appreciate any help. and after i believe it will lead me to more questions.
thanks in advance. have a nice day all.

https://randomnerdtutorials.com/install ... ra-system/
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

Return to “Camera board”