- what operating system? [Raspian, dedicated, etc.]
- what controller software [OpenHAB, Home Assist, MyCroft, Jeedom, others, etc.]
- what platform [z-Wave, Things, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fibaro, Nest, others, etc]
- what devices [manufacturer/model]
My requirement is:-
- must use Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 as the hub/server/controller - do not want proprietary hubs/server/controllers.
- must be battery powered devices, NO wires
- TRVs on each of the six radiators
- TRV must be able to use rechargeable batteries and report their charge level
- TRV must be able to sense temp as I do not want separate room stats in each of the six rooms
- Cost is priority for TRVs because I will need 6 so clearly I do not want to be paying £100 for each !!
- max range from TRV to Pi2/3 is 15 metres [we have no prob with WiFi signal over that range in the home]
- Simple to use, but informative [graphs, charts, etc] GUI accessible throug internet and/or Android AND iPhone apps, to control system.
- Operate in UK
Has anyone done this, can they please recommend a setup please?