Koenkk
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:22 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:09 pm

Mr.Dave wrote:How to set British summer time ? My clock is 1h slow even though its set to the correct timezone and Ive even installed ntupdate with no luck, cheers
You can set this within xbmc


pipkato
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:04 am

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:18 pm

Thanks for all the work Koenkk.

This seems so much faster than e.g. Raspbmc.

But as a total Linux/XBMC/RPi newbie I'm now stuck.

I've installed XBian on a 2GB card connected to my iMac and Apple Airport Extreme Base Station router in 'bridge' mode. It's updated the clock based on country but when I tried to download add-ons like YouTube or Vimeo, it said 'working' but nothing else happened - I saw the 'Downloading 0%' for a second or two and then back to the previous screen.

How do I play video/audio files from my iMac or from a plugged in USB stick or drive?

User avatar
Mr.Dave
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:30 pm

Koenkk wrote:
Mr.Dave wrote:How to set British summer time ? My clock is 1h slow even though its set to the correct timezone and Ive even installed ntupdate with no luck, cheers
You can set this within xbmc

Really? Could you point me in the right direction, I have been through all the settings and am either blind or its not there :)

Fufanu
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:47 pm

Can't wait to get Airplay working.

airwave
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:25 am

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:00 pm

Tried it, works fine. In fact, better than expected.
Very rare glitches in 1080p / DTS content (think of a 0.5 sec gap every 2-3 minutes), XBMC interface is fast as well.

Congrats to the author!

Nu7s
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:14 am

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:14 pm

The fastest and most stable image I have tried so far, great work! Only problem i'm facing is that when I try to open "music" it crashes to the terminal? Anybody else with this problem?

Koenkk
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:22 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:29 pm

Fufanu wrote:Can't wait to get Airplay working.
I haz it working ;) expect a release soon :D

norp
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:45 pm

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:48 pm

really well done!!
this release is super fast!!

looking forward to airplay ... but could you also have a look at hdmi-cec support? http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... f=7&t=2485

it is already implemented in openelec and for those of us with compatible tv sets it's very very useful

anyway, keep up the good work and thanks for your work!

Koenkk
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:22 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 pm

Mr.Dave wrote:
Koenkk wrote:
Mr.Dave wrote:How to set British summer time ? My clock is 1h slow even though its set to the correct timezone and Ive even installed ntupdate with no luck, cheers
You can set this within xbmc

Really? Could you point me in the right direction, I have been through all the settings and am either blind or its not there :)
System -> Settings -> Appearance -> International :)

User avatar
Mr.Dave
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:34 pm

Koenkk wrote:
System -> Settings -> Appearance -> International :)
Ahaa, the old sneaky appearance settings trick :p Thanks

One last thing, how do I swap between HDMI and Composite out? Sometimes I`ll need to hook it up to my old CRT TV

thanks again

Koenkk
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:22 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:50 pm

Mr.Dave wrote:
Koenkk wrote:
System -> Settings -> Appearance -> International :)
Ahaa, the old sneaky appearance settings trick :p Thanks

One last thing, how do I swap between HDMI and Composite out? Sometimes I`ll need to hook it up to my old CRT TV

thanks again
System -> Settings -> System -> Video playback

Koenkk
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:22 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:50 pm

XBian 0.2 is out! http://xbian.blogspot.nl/

User avatar
Mr.Dave
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:58 pm

Koenkk wrote:
Mr.Dave wrote:
Koenkk wrote:
System -> Settings -> Appearance -> International :)
Ahaa, the old sneaky appearance settings trick :p Thanks

One last thing, how do I swap between HDMI and Composite out? Sometimes I`ll need to hook it up to my old CRT TV

thanks again
System -> Settings -> System -> Video playback

lol I'm gonna look like I didn't even check, but pretty sure there was only an option to change Audio out between HDMI and Analogue

I`ll have another look thanks

Draven68
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:08 am

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:10 am

Great work on this Keonkk !

Have yet to receive my Pi, have a question....

Does the "Skins" add-on Function work ?

If so, has anyone tried different 'Skins'

Screenshot from Xbmx Eden 11.0 Windows Ver.

Image

User avatar
Mr.Dave
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:18 am

Koenkk wrote:
Mr.Dave wrote:
Koenkk wrote:
System -> Settings -> Appearance -> International :)
Ahaa, the old sneaky appearance settings trick :p Thanks

One last thing, how do I swap between HDMI and Composite out? Sometimes I`ll need to hook it up to my old CRT TV

thanks again
System -> Settings -> System -> Video playback

Is that the "Enable LCD/VFD" setting ?

Koenkk
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:22 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:26 am

Draven68 wrote:Great work on this Keonkk !

Have yet to receive my Pi, have a question....

Does the "Skins" add-on Function work ?

If so, has anyone tried different 'Skins'

Screenshot from Xbmx Eden 11.0 Windows Ver.

Image
It does but most of the skins won't work well on the pi .

Koenkk
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:22 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:28 am

Ahaa, the old sneaky appearance settings trick :p Thanks

One last thing, how do I swap between HDMI and Composite out? Sometimes I`ll need to hook it up to my old CRT TV

thanks again[/quote]

System -> Settings -> System -> Video playback[/quote]


Is that the "Enable LCD/VFD" setting ?[/quote]

I think the raspberry pi auto detects wich video output to use ( the one who is plugged in).

User avatar
Mr.Dave
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:34 am

Koenkk wrote:Ahaa, the old sneaky appearance settings trick :p Thanks

One last thing, how do I swap between HDMI and Composite out? Sometimes I`ll need to hook it up to my old CRT TV

thanks again
System -> Settings -> System -> Video playback[/quote]


Is that the "Enable LCD/VFD" setting ?[/quote]

I think the raspberry pi auto detects wich video output to use ( the one who is plugged in).[/quote]


That's what I thought too, but earlier I unplugged HDMI and plugged in Composite and nothing appeared on the TV, plugged HDMI back in and the LCD worked again

Maybe I have to boot with the composite only in

justinvoelker
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:42 am

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:50 am

Finally created an account just to post my love for XBian. I installed 0.1 yesterday, 0.1.1 today and now I want to grab 0.2. This may be a stupid question so please don't hate, but can I upgrade within xbmc or do I need to reformat and reset my settings each time I want to upgrade?

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 5660
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:41 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:58 am

Mr.Dave wrote: Maybe I have to boot with the composite only in
Yes. The switch only happens on boot.

luckyo
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:15 pm

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:01 am

How can I install Xbian on Mac OSX.
Copy the files to the SD Card, Clone with Disk Utility?

Thanks.

User avatar
Mr.Dave
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:15 am

dom wrote:
Mr.Dave wrote: Maybe I have to boot with the composite only in
Yes. The switch only happens on boot.

Thanks Dom, I`ll give that a go today

Koenkk
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:22 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:19 am

justinvoelker wrote:Finally created an account just to post my love for XBian. I installed 0.1 yesterday, 0.1.1 today and now I want to grab 0.2. This may be a stupid question so please don't hate, but can I upgrade within xbmc or do I need to reformat and reset my settings each time I want to upgrade?
No, but maybe you can try this http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:XBMC_Backup

burauzaa
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:36 am

Re: XBian - Small, Fast, Lightweight XBMC solution

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:42 am

First off, this is by far the smoothest implementation of XBMC that I have used on my 'Pi, congrats!

I've been using XBMC for a while, but I'm still getting the hang of the 'Pi, so can anyone point me in the right direction for how to configure my USB WIFI adapter in this? It does show up when it boots, but I don't see anywhere to connect it to my network.

Return to “Media centres”