gkreidl

Re: Kweb Suite (Minimal Kiosk Browser, omxplayerGUI)

Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:51 pm

MaryShah wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:02 pm
Yes that didnt work as well
If okay can I PM you a stream link that doesnt seem to play?
Unfortunately PMs are not possible any more. You'll find my email address in the maintainer information of the kweb package.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

MaryShah

Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:10 pm

sorry to be a pain after searching until i'm hurting
I still can't find it.....

gkreidl

Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:18 am

MaryShah wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:10 pm
sorry to be a pain after searching until i'm hurting
I still can't find it.....
Install gdebi (full version). Open the kweb debian file with it. Click on"details".
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download

MaryShah

Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:52 pm

Is it possible to use the -ytdl flag in an iframe using the below syntax?

http://localhost:9192/play?url=<URL>&om ... ;alsa;stop

gkreidl

Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:05 pm

MaryShah wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:52 pm
Is it possible to use the -ytdl flag in an iframe using the below syntax?

http://localhost:9192/play?url=<URL>&om ... ;alsa;stop
No. I got your mails and I'm working on it. I'll answer within the next two days.

MaryShah

Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:30 pm

hello
is it possible to use omxplayergui with multicast udp streaming?
I have potentially 100's of clients that I would like to stream to and multicasting is probably the best way (no DVR or such is needed)

I would want to play the streaming using chromium with http://localhost:9192/play in iframe

thanks

gkreidl

Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:36 pm

MaryShah wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:30 pm
hello
is it possible to use omxplayergui with multicast udp streaming?
I have potentially 100's of clients that I would like to stream to and multicasting is probably the best way (no DVR or such is needed)

I would want to play the streaming using chromium with http://localhost:9192/play in iframe

thanks
It should work. I've tested it with udp multicast TV streams.

MaryShah

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:08 pm

do you know of any tutorials to get my started on this?

currently I'm running

camera - >(ffmpeg) rtmp stream -> video server ->mpeg ts stream <- play with omxplayer (https://)

this works fine for me

Does the below make sense should I want to switch to multicasting?

camera -> (ffmpeg) multicast udp stream -> video server -> udp stream <- play with omxplayer (udp://)

gkreidl

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:41 pm

MaryShah wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:08 pm
do you know of any tutorials to get my started on this?

currently I'm running

camera - >(ffmpeg) rtmp stream -> video server ->mpeg ts stream <- play with omxplayer (https://)

this works fine for me

Does the below make sense should I want to switch to multicasting?

camera -> (ffmpeg) multicast udp stream -> video server -> udp stream <- play with omxplayer (udp://)
ffmpeg can produce a UDP stream. If you sent it to a multicast address (e.g. 239.100.0.1:4000) it will be available everywhere in you network.
omxplayer(GUI) udp:// 239.100.0.1:4000

infusioninc

Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:02 pm

I am trying to display web pages with animated controls such as meters, strip charts, etc. The pages display in the browser, but without these controls. Are there settings that I need to adjust to see such controls or is Kweb not able to display them? An example is found at
https://developers.google.com/chart/int ... lery/gauge

gkreidl

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:04 pm

infusioninc wrote:
I am trying to display web pages with animated controls such as meters, strip charts, etc. The pages display in the browser, but without these controls. Are there settings that I need to adjust to see such controls or is Kweb not able to display them? An example is found at
Did you enable Javascript?

infusioninc

Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:01 pm

gkreidl wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:04 pm
infusioninc wrote:
Did you enable Javascript?
Thanks. That was the problem. I feel a little silly now that you asked the question.

patientx

Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:48 pm

edit : I installed it over stretch lite and getting "Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:" error. Do I have to install desktop too ? Didn't the kweb installer install necessary files ? Do we have to use something else here ?

Hi there. Good work with the suite. I am going to try it on a B+. While it is installing do you guys any suggestions for best performance ? Ram ratio or overclocking the device or any other tips that I can apply ?

fruitoftheloom

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:18 pm

patientx wrote:
edit : I installed it over stretch lite and getting "Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:" error. Do I have to install desktop too ? Didn't the kweb installer install necessary files ? Do we have to use something else here ?

Hi there. Good work with the suite. I am going to try it on a B+. While it is installing do you guys any suggestions for best performance ? Ram ratio or overclocking the device or any other tips that I can apply ?

Is that a RPi 1B+ or a 3B+ ??
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

patientx

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:29 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:18 pm
patientx wrote:

Is that a RPi 1B+ or a 3B+ ??
RPi 1B+

gkreidl

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:44 pm

patientx wrote:

Kweb was originally developed before we got a RPi 2 or 3. It needs less memory than most other browsers, as long as the web pages are not too complex. And there are special options to reduce the cache size.

And yes, kweb, omxplayerGUI and two of the helper programs require at least an XORG environment and a window manager. Installing a full Raspbian image is the easiest way to get all this, but just XORG and openbox or matchbox-wondow-manager will also work.

If you plan to use full HD videos (omxplayerGUI), you'll need at least 96MB GPU memory.

gkreidl

kweb hotfix

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:33 pm

Edited Nov., 18: I have published a new hotfix today, which contains a pre-release 1.7.9.9 version of youtube-dl-server which allows to switch the player at run time between omxplayerGUI and VLC. This is not contained in the current release!

I've tested a lot today especially the new hardware accelerated VLC 3.0.3 player. During those tests I discovered that kweb crashed a lot of times. After some debugging I discovered that this is caused by modifications and a new dependency of the GTK+3 libraries.

I created a hotfix which also includes a new version of my youtube-dl-server which now works perfectly with VLC. To install the hotfix, do the following:

Code: Select all

wget http://steinerdatenbank.de/software/kwebfix.tar.gz
tar -xzf kwebfix.tar.gz
cd kwebfix
sudo ./patch
You can also download and install the current Stretch version instead, as described in the OP, but this does not contain version 1.7.9.9 of the youtube-dl-server.

To use the youtube-dl-server with VLC set as default, start it in the following way:

ytdl_server.py -a=vlc
(in a terminal)
or to run it in the background:

bgstart_ytdl_server.sh -a=vlc
If you start it this way, you can also use VLC to watch web video from hundreds of websites with any browser, following this method:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=193811. The youtube-dl-server can also be used with any browser (not only kweb) to access local media, create playlists on the fly etc.
Attachments
newytdls.png
newytdls.png (24.17 KiB) Viewed 6250 times

johndavies

Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:48 am

Ever since omxplayergui was improved by the addition of the Web button I have used its menus to play my music, recorded TV, recorded radio , live radio and video. Naturally when I acquired a Pi TV Hat, I was eager to use omxplayergui to play the TV streams that it produced. I was not able to use the Settings page directly to add the TV streams that I had discovered; any entries I made were lost and did not show up again when I opened it. . VLC would play TV streams listed in an #EXTM3U Textfile with .EXTM3U at the end of it i.e LiveTV.XTM3U. New stations could be played by using the arrow keys. A menu could be produced by pressing the right mouse key when a TV stream was playing by opening up a TV menu by scrolling down to Playlist and choosing a TV Station by right mouse clicking on its name.. What I would like to know is how to set up a menu showing a list of streamed TV stations that can be played by omxplayergui. This is what a stream can look like:
http://raspberrypi.local:9981/stream/ch ... 611b3fcc17
?ticket=40E2ECA19E1C6BCDA56271D084A36CDA9C2EFD89

The above should all be on one line and the "raspberrypi.local"can be replaced by the "192.168" pi address

gkreidl

Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:37 am

johndavies wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:48 am
Ever since omxplayergui was improved by the addition of the Web button I have used its menus to play my music, recorded TV, recorded radio , live radio and video. Naturally when I acquired a Pi TV Hat, I was eager to use omxplayergui to play the TV streams that it produced. I was not able to use the Settings page directly to add the TV streams that I had discovered; any entries I made were lost and did not show up again when I opened it. . VLC would play TV streams listed in an #EXTM3U Textfile with .EXTM3U at the end of it i.e LiveTV.XTM3U. New stations could be played by using the arrow keys. A menu could be produced by pressing the right mouse key when a TV stream was playing by opening up a TV menu by scrolling down to Playlist and choosing a TV Station by right mouse clicking on its name.. What I would like to know is how to set up a menu showing a list of streamed TV stations that can be played by omxplayergui. This is what a stream can look like:
http://raspberrypi.local:9981/stream/ch ... 611b3fcc17
?ticket=40E2ECA19E1C6BCDA56271D084A36CDA9C2EFD89

The above should all be on one line and the "raspberrypi.local"can be replaced by the "192.168" pi address
Can your backend deliver an m3u playlist of currently available TV-Streams? I suppose you are using tvheadend. I'm using mumudvb and my own frontend. mumudvb includes a simple webserver which - among other things - provides two kinds of a m3u playlists (one for http and one for udp streams). Accessing this uri does exacty what you are looking for in omxplayerGUI. You can switch between stations with the up and down keys (buttons). If you stop a channel, it shows the playlist of all available channels.
Last time I checked the tvheadend documentation it was years behind the actual version and had lots of missing chapters. That's one of the reasons why I don't use it. But someone should know, if tvheadend has something like this built in.

marcosbong

Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:34 pm

Hello.
Congratulations gkreidl for your kweb suite.
Perhaps this question is stupid, but I can´t find an anwser in the pdf manual, neither in the net.
is there any way to open a new browser with start or home page with some kind of shortcut,? Because right now, the fastes way I know is pressing Shift + LMB and then press home icon
I´m able to open a new browser but refered to a link with :
Alt + .
Shift + LMB over a link
RMB and "open" option
Single menu "open in new browser" option

I´d like to open a new "fresh" browser, if possible.
Thanks in advance

P.D. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I came from Windows and there´s a huge difference with everything I`m using right now
there are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don´t

gkreidl

Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:39 am

marcosbong wrote:
Hello.
Perhaps this question is stupid, but I can´t find an anwser in the pdf manual, neither in the net.
is there any way to open a new browser with start or home page with some kind of shortcut,? Because right now, the fastes way I know is pressing Shift + LMB and then press home icon
Alt + .
Shift + LMB over a link
RMB and "open" option

Thanks in advance

P.D. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I came from Windows and there´s a huge difference with everything I`m using right now
Yes, by using one of the user programmable keyboard shortcuts "Alt 0" ... "Alt 9".
Go to the "Editor" page. In the lower part, select a keyboard shortcut (1, 2, 3 etc). Enter in the first line:
))http://..... (your URL).
and click "Save".
You could even open multiple pages in multiple browser instances this way.

marcosbong

Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:54 pm

gkreidl wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:39 am
marcosbong wrote:
Hello.
Alt + .
Shift + LMB over a link
RMB and "open" option

Thanks in advance

Yes, by using one of the user programmable keyboard shortcuts "Alt 0" ... "Alt 9".
Go to the "Editor" page. In the lower part, select a keyboard shortcut (1, 2, 3 etc). Enter in the first line:
))http://..... (your URL).
and click "Save".
You could even open multiple pages in multiple browser instances this way.
Thanks a lot.
I didn't take that possibility onto account.
there are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don´t

marcosbong

Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:10 pm

Very usefull tool.
Now I can:
open a new window
go to home
go to startpage.com
access my html bookmarks file

And all that with just one keyboard press
Really, really nice function

I'm not gonna miss my Windows navs :D

marcosbong

Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:17 pm

How can I make Kweb browser system default browser for http links?
I did select it to open html files, but links from pdf files open Vivaldi, and Kweb is not an option in - - config x-www-browser in my OS

jpezz

Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:11 pm

I read the manual and did a search of this topic and I'm still confused. It appears there is only one place to have all the configuration settings (such as homepage and options set. It also appears one could start kweb with the options and homepage on the command line. What I can't find is a way to set a per-user version of all this so when I configure the kiosk user (or any other user), the settings are all read from a local file in the user's home directory customized for that user or read based on the command line or an environment variable. Right now, one must put in the admin password to make any changes and that means the changes would be the same for all users.

This browser appears to be perfect for my needs otherwise.

Return to “Raspbian”