rpdom

Re: problems with stretch static ip dhcpcd

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:51 am

Ernst wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:13 am
Do you know what device is being used ? :)
That is entirely irrelevant. The Pi will auto-crossover on 2 or 4 pairs as needed.
I have used it Pi to Pi, Pi to Laptop and Pi to desktop. Never had any issues on 100BaseT or 1000BaseT.

Ernst

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:33 am

rpdom wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:51 am
Ernst wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:13 am
Do you know what device is being used ? :)
That is entirely irrelevant. The Pi will auto-crossover on 2 or 4 pairs as needed.
I have used it Pi to Pi, Pi to Laptop and Pi to desktop. Never had any issues on 100BaseT or 1000BaseT.
I believe you, but there are too many unknowns in this equation. The "device" is not identified, the characteristics of the switch are unknown, the cabling type is unknown. I have see enough failures where everybody said that it can't be the equipment, from bad taps on yellow cable to stretched fiber cable because it was 5 cm short, or a switch that was actually a hub running at 10/100 half-duplex.

Until now it is known that the Pi3B+ connected with a cable to an unknown switch with another cable to an unknown device appears to work but it does not if the Pi3B+ is connected with a direct cable to the unknown device.
The road to insanity is paved with static ip addresses

shivaVMC

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:15 am

Ernst wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:20 am
1) Identify Rpi, is it something you can eat ?
2) Identify "my board", is it something you made yourself ?
3) Try another LAN cable
4) Try another LAN cable, in this case an X-over cable
5) Cut cable used in 3) and count the number of wires, if 4 wires then try cable with 8, if 8 wires try cable with 4 (maybe x-over needed)

I have checked with all possibilities as 8Wire straight cable's ,8wire cross cable,4wire straight cable,4wire Cross Cable...But ethernet Link has not detected.
No Improvement I found .Ethernet link itself is not up from Raspberry->Mydevice
But link is of Rpi is UP when I connect from Rpi to My Laptop.

Ernst

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:44 am

shivaVMC wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:15 am
Ernst wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:20 am
1) Identify Rpi, is it something you can eat ?
2) Identify "my board", is it something you made yourself ?
3) Try another LAN cable
4) Try another LAN cable, in this case an X-over cable
5) Cut cable used in 3) and count the number of wires, if 4 wires then try cable with 8, if 8 wires try cable with 4 (maybe x-over needed)

I have checked with all possibilities as 8Wire straight cable's ,8wire cross cable,4wire straight cable,4wire Cross Cable...But ethernet Link has not detected.
No Improvement I found .Ethernet link itself is not up from Raspberry->Mydevice
But link is of Rpi is UP when I connect from Rpi to My Laptop.
Why did you not test Laptop->Mydevice ?

This is my last reply: The device "Mydevice", sometimes called "board" or "My board", which you have been unwilling to identify, is the first problem, you are the second problem hijacking a thread, by not giving clear answers on questions, and using different names for the same thing in the same post.
The road to insanity is paved with static ip addresses

shivaVMC

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:53 am

From Laptop-Mydevice is working fine.

But,Rpi->Mydevice not working why why why...!!!?

Mydevice=board=Myboard nothing but the same...Sorry for multiple names to myboard.

Return to “Troubleshooting”