garvamel

Official PS cable assembly.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:04 pm

Hello everyone, first time posting here.

I use RPis for a bunch of projects where I need to use a different PSU, generally because of space issues. I'm wondering if the cable assembly that the official PSU has can be bought somewhere, because it's gauge makes it super easy to use with screw terminals and the like. Tinning and splicing regular USB wires is hell :D.

Thank you all very much in advance.

W. H. Heydt

Re: Official PS cable assembly.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:44 am

Welcome to the forums.

You might be able to a equivalent if you hunt around. The RPF PSU cable is fixed to the unit though a molded strain relief. It's not a separate cable.

klricks

Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:16 am

garvamel wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:04 pm
Hello everyone, first time posting here.

I use RPis for a bunch of projects where I need to use a different PSU, generally because of space issues. I'm wondering if the cable assembly that the official PSU has can be bought somewhere, because it's gauge makes it super easy to use with screw terminals and the like. Tinning and splicing regular USB wires is hell :D.

Thank you all very much in advance.
The wire in most USB cables is useless in terminals. I bought some micro USB plugs off ebay and soldered 22ga wires on them. Much better.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Stretch w/ Desktop OS.

garvamel

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:39 am

Thanks W. H. Heydt and klricks

I was wondering if the supplier is known to consult with him directly, since I haven't been able to find anything similar to what the official PSU has. I'm aiming to not having to build them myself, to standardize the manufacturing of a device that I have to build somewhat regularly and with super short deadlines.

Thanks again!

Return to “General discussion”