slimplynth

rpi - camera csi connector...

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:23 pm

please can you make them chunkier? I'm 7ft 2"... every time i unplug one i just shear the stop blocks on the catch.. and i can only order/afford one device a month... please.. i beg.. the world is built for small people.. kitchen, bathrooms.. please not rpi's...

W. H. Heydt

Re: rpi - camera csi connector...

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:13 pm

I surmise that you are unfamiliar with the Pi0/Pi0W...where the CSI connector is even smaller.

There are a couple of problems with making them bigger. First off, there have to *be* bigger connectors of the right type. Second, there are a great many Pis out there with the current connectors, so an additional set of cables would have to be available. Third, what are you going to use for space on the PCB to mount a larger connector? At the very least, the boards would have to be redesigned, and you don't appear to be able to subsidize that effort.

I'm afraid that, in the final analysis, you're going to have to work out your own methods of being careful such relatively delicate devices. And I say that as someone with fairly large hands myself (I'm 5'10", but I can match hands with people around 6'4"...I attribute it to my Scandinavian ancestry).

Return to “Camera board”