macload1

Re: Interfacing RPI with Somfy Smoove RTS Pure

Mon May 28, 2018 1:00 pm

Dear alxlaxv,

I have a setup working for my Somfy shutters (with the same remote control) that's like described here:
RPi talks to an Arduino through USB
Arduino talks to CC1101 through a 5V to 3.3V level translator
CC1101 sends the commands to the shutter.
There is code available on the itnernet for the Arduino & CC1101 & Somfy RTS part, and I modified the code to be able to send instructions per USB (up/down/my with the number of the shutter in argument because I have 12 shutters in my house). On the RPi, I have a program that activates the shutters at a programmable moment (through a text based file) and that also hears for connections on a TCP socket, so that I can connect to it with an Android app (also written by myself).

If you want to go that way, I'm ready to send you some source code and instructions.

Best regards,
macload1

scruss

Mon May 28, 2018 1:55 pm

There's this: Nickduino/Pi-Somfy: A script to open and close your Somfy (and SIMU) blinds with a Raspberry Pi and an RF emitter. — but the frequency used by Somfy switches is slightly different from the really cheap transmitters.
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.

manuelh

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:28 am

macload1 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 1:00 pm
Dear alxlaxv,

I have a setup working for my Somfy shutters (with the same remote control) that's like described here:
RPi talks to an Arduino through USB
Arduino talks to CC1101 through a 5V to 3.3V level translator
CC1101 sends the commands to the shutter.
There is code available on the itnernet for the Arduino & CC1101 & Somfy RTS part, and I modified the code to be able to send instructions per USB (up/down/my with the number of the shutter in argument because I have 12 shutters in my house). On the RPi, I have a program that activates the shutters at a programmable moment (through a text based file) and that also hears for connections on a TCP socket, so that I can connect to it with an Android app (also written by myself).

If you want to go that way, I'm ready to send you some source code and instructions.

Best regards,
macload1

Hi macload1,

I'm interested in doing a similar thing. Could you please send me your code and instructions?

_qry

Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:19 pm

scruss wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 1:55 pm
There's this: Nickduino/Pi-Somfy: A script to open and close your Somfy (and SIMU) blinds with a Raspberry Pi and an RF emitter. — but the frequency used by Somfy switches is slightly different from the really cheap transmitters.
I am also interested in your solution. Would you mind sending me your code and instructions aswell? I already tried the nickduino library for the pi but i was using a 433.93mhz transmitter. I am considering to buy the CC1101 Wireless RF Transceiver from ebay and try it again.

Return to “Interfacing (DSI, CSI, I2C, etc.)”