poplap

Flood of Codec key emails

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:59 pm

Hello,
So I have been receiving a flood of emails from the raspberry pi store, the one that sells the decode keys for MPEG and VC1. I got one email yesterday, and to day I have received 6 more. I haven't had a chance to check if they are old keys I have purchased (at work right now), and I have purchased a few over the years. When I check my account at the store I see no new orders, and my bank statement doesn't have any orders from them. If the system is just resending the emails that's fine but I figured I should inform someone just in case, and see if I'm alone or not.

Thanks

RaTTuS

Re: Flood of Codec key emails

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:07 pm

How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:35 pm

We've just done some maintenance on the codec system to make things a bit saner, and there is the possibility that some keys will have been resent. Nothing to worry about.

Please note, that you will not be charged - the payment system is separate from the system that sends them out.

If you are still worried for any reason, please email admin@raspberrypi.org and we can look in to any further issues you may have.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Please direct all questions to the forum, I do not do support via PM.

poplap

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:59 pm

I figured it was something along those lines but just want to be sure. Thanks for the reply.

Return to “The Pi Store”