panagali

Official touch Screen Compatibility

Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:27 am

Hello.

I am designing a new project and i will use the raspberry pi zero w. I need a touch screen and i want to know if the official touch display 7" is compatible with the pi zero w. In compatibility list i read only for A+, B+, Pi 2 and Pi 3.
https://www.element14.com/community/doc ... en-display

Thanks for your time :)

elkberry

Re: Official touch Screen Compatibility

Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:41 pm

It's not, as the Pi Zero (W) lacks the SPI for the official Touch LCD. It only comes with the other SPI for connecting the camera. To the best of my knowledge the firmware doesn't support remapping the SPIs.
From ZX81 to Raspberry Pi, but wait ... where's the 7805 gone?

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:48 pm

elkberry wrote:It's not, as the Pi Zero (W) lacks the SPI for the official Touch LCD. It only comes with the other SPI for connecting the camera. To the best of my knowledge the firmware doesn't support remapping the SPIs.
Correct in that it is not compatible, but minor correction that the interface is DSI for the 7" display, and CSI-2 for the camera (which Pi0W does have).
SPI is supported on the Pi0W on the GPIO headers, but that won't allow you to connect the official display.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

panagali

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Hmmm ok thank you. Do you know if there is a support touch screen for pi zero?

elkberry

Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:52 pm

There seem to be 3rd party LCDs with touch that use HDMI. As for details, I'm afraid, you need to do some research for yourself, a there are so many different ones on the market, some only for limited periods.
From ZX81 to Raspberry Pi, but wait ... where's the 7805 gone?

bjpadhy

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Hey!
I have an innolux 5-inch touch display that I got with android things starter kit(NXP pico imx7)
The board is not functional anymore. I was wondering if I could use the display with a raspberry pi 3b+ ?

P.S: I have other accessories such as a camera module that I received with the kit, I wanna knw if I can use these things before buying the pi

Return to “Other projects”