gohigher

Re: PHP/Bootstrap Web Interface for the Pi Camera

Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:18 pm

lavajgh wrote:There is something in the build that keeps it from displaying the camera on the PI 3. The only way I have gotten it to work on the 3 so far is to build it from scratch and modify things according to the installation script that was provided. I have a feeling 1.6 on the pi 3 doesn't enable the camera, but raspi-config and a bunch of other stuff are stripped out and the image is read only, so not much can be edited.

Lavajgh , what exactly did you change to make it work with the pi 3? I've followed everything from the install.sh . And i can't seem to log in true browser. I can enter a login and a password but it won't accept it. If i give the command vcgencmd get_camera , it's gives me this result : supported=1 detected=1

ronnyvdbr

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:27 pm

Hi everyone, great that U all love the design of the IP Camera.
Someone signalled me that the IP camera was not working on the Raspberry PI 3
So I have updated the design to work with it.

I built a new image on the latest Raspbian Jessie Minimal and updated all components to their latest versions.

A new image can be downloaded from the project page.
http://ronnyvdbr.github.io/RaspberryIPCamera/

If you like my work, pls click my ads on the page.

boxgrove

Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:25 am

Morning Ronny,

RTSP appears to be broken in this version, can't connect via VLC or my CCTV software. i've tried both with a Pi2 and 3. Please can you double check its not something on my end?

Cheers

lohtse

Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:37 am

Is there away to add this to an existing image(one we have already flashed and set up)?????
3x Pi-3 1 x Pi-2 1 x Pi-B+ 1 x Pi-B 2 xPi-Zero 1 x Pi Zero W and a massive ever growing box/room of bits and bobs for them!

gnu

Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:18 pm

I Installed the rev 17 beta on a Raspberry pi A+, and the pi completely crashes after I successfully logged in the web interface (camera seemed to start as le red led turned on). I couldn't find any readable info in sys logs.

I tested your image, and also tried a manual installation with the shell script and the same issue happened.

BobPardoe

Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:40 am

I have installed 1.7 beta. Connecting to the root web page is ok. Put in username/ password, the camera is initialised (red light comes on) but the network interface dies (lights go off) after showing version / network config data.

Obviously web page continues to load but won't get anywhere.

Any tips / advice would be welcome.

Using a model B.

Also web page shows that software is version 1.6 but definitely have v1.7.

Thanks

Bob

karistuck

Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:02 am

I use Raspberry Pi - IP Camera on raspberry zero with otg for wireless adapter, 6000 mah mobile battery. camera module. 16GB memory.
It's working fine. But some time can't not connect to dash board and ssh.
Freezing

How can I find reason for freeze ?

thank you for watching on poor english

iht76

Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:24 am

I am also having problems with RTSP... MJPEG works just fine but I cant get it to stream RTSP.

Any ideas please?

gohigher

Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:52 am

karistuck wrote:I use Raspberry Pi - IP Camera on raspberry zero with otg for wireless adapter, 6000 mah mobile battery. camera module. 16GB memory.
It's working fine. But some time can't not connect to dash board and ssh.
Freezing

How can I find reason for freeze ?

thank you for watching on poor english
Have you adjusted your wifi power safe settings?

gohigher

Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:54 am

iht76 wrote:I am also having problems with RTSP... MJPEG works just fine but I cant get it to stream RTSP.

Any ideas please?

What is your setup? Can you give a little more details?

iht76

Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:22 am

Sorry, Pi3+camera v2, latest Jessie and I manually installed the Bootstrap

thepelell

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:21 pm

Many thanks to the author of this project. I am a PI noob and have been trying several solutions to stream the camera from my pi2 but this one is really cool and worked straight away. I have a couple of questions:
- in rtsp I can see from the traffic manager of my router that at 1280x720 25p i am using avg 2.5Mbit stream with no movement in scene and going up to 5Mbit with fast movement. Is this correct? I haven't found where to change bitrate params.

- would it be possible to input video from a UVC hdmi grabber instead of the PI Cam? that would really be great for a project I have, has anybody actually tested these grabbers with raspberry? I am willing to pay someone for a reliable solution to stream rtsp h264 from any hdmi camera.

ronnyvdbr

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:09 pm

boxgrove wrote:Morning Ronny,

RTSP appears to be broken in this version, can't connect via VLC or my CCTV software. i've tried both with a Pi2 and 3. Please can you double check its not something on my end?

Cheers
Hi Sorry for the delay, I have purchased a Raspberry Pi 3 unit and am currently building v1.8 which will be in par again with all the latest modules.
To connect to RTSP the primary requirement is to put the IP Camera in RTSP mode and not MJPEG mode. If this is the case, then verify with netstat -tulpn if u can find port 8554 in listening state, if not then the rtsp server process is not running and u should examine that.

U can manually start the RTSP server by running below command:
/usr/local/bin/v4l2rtspserver -Q 3 -u '' -f
It will give you some more information about which steps the rtsp server runs through.

ronnyvdbr

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:25 pm

thepelell wrote:Many thanks to the author of this project. I am a PI noob and have been trying several solutions to stream the camera from my pi2 but this one is really cool and worked straight away. I have a couple of questions:
- in rtsp I can see from the traffic manager of my router that at 1280x720 25p i am using avg 2.5Mbit stream with no movement in scene and going up to 5Mbit with fast movement. Is this correct? I haven't found where to change bitrate params.

- would it be possible to input video from a UVC hdmi grabber instead of the PI Cam? that would really be great for a project I have, has anybody actually tested these grabbers with raspberry? I am willing to pay someone for a reliable solution to stream rtsp h264 from any hdmi camera.
Hi, download version v1.7 from my project page at http://ronnyvdbr.github.io/RaspberryIPCamera/
It contains a slider to set the bitrate in h264 mode, with this u can limit the bandwidth consumed while operating and keep a smooth image flow. Mine is currently set to 4 mbits, works like a charm.

For your other question, yes it's possible to read the input of a UVC video source and process that further. I can't give any estimation on how it would perform though, I guess it would depend on the throughput of the usb port and cpu power that u need to transcode the video stream. Setting up the UVC capture is the easy part, transcoding the video stream another.
If u are interested in this, I could give this a try for U, but I don't have any hdmi camera, nor do I have any UVC hdmi grabber. Send me a pm if U would be interested in a commercial agreement.

thepelell

Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:55 pm

thanks for answer, sent you a PM
i have a problem with software versions, I have downloaded 1.7beta from 2 links in your page and used win32image to write image, but from browser i keep seeing v1.6beta

here's a screenshot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4YqFq ... sp=sharing

ithieme

Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:41 pm

Hi Ronny, thank you very much for creating this project. It was exactly what I was looking for. It works perfectly also in combination with my Synology surveillance.

But there are two small issues when I try to connect the Raspberry via WiFi. The first one is that the SSID input field obviously must not contain spaces. But my SSID contains some. The second issue occurs when the password contains the character '>'. The reason is that the password value is not surrounded by double quotes in the source code. In this case the browser interprets the > as the end of the tag.

Code: Select all

<input name="wifi-password" type="password" class="form-control" id="wifi-password" form="frm-wificonfig" value=AMzfs>7ERH5df&OK>
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 13.26.46.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 13.26.46.png (8.38 KiB) Viewed 4756 times

bacsom

Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:35 am

thepelell wrote:thanks for answer, sent you a PM
i have a problem with software versions, I have downloaded 1.7beta from 2 links in your page and used win32image to write image, but from browser i keep seeing v1.6beta

here's a screenshot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4YqFq ... sp=sharing
The same with me. And the bitrate slider (which is supposed to be included with 1.7) is also missing :-(. The project is great though! :-)

Slartybart

Pi 3 with Camera v2 and wifi

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:04 pm

I can confirm it all works with a Pi3 and camera v2.1. A bit of tinkering though to get the wifi working...
Here's what I had to do after checking the wifi box in the camera interface, and entering my ssid and network password.
1: log on or ssh using pi/password etc
2: sudo -i (which gives root access)
3: mount -o remount,rw / (which makes the sd card writable)
4: sudo nano /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf (opens the wifi configuration file to edit)
5. change where it says CCMD to TKIP (twice)
6: Press Control X, then y then enter (which saves the new configuration)
7:sudo reboot -h now (reboots, hopefully then restarting with wifi connected)

Then you can do 'sudo ifconfig' to check wlan0 has an ip address.

I'm not claiming any credit for the geniuses before me on these pages who have made all this work and solved the problem for us already, just hoping my list of instructions helps others like myself who are a bit slower in understanding what needs doing. Also a very big thank you to Ronny Van den Broeck for posting his hard work in the first place. Very much appreciated.

RpiName

Re: Pi 3 with Camera v2 and wifi

Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:00 am

Slartybart wrote:I'm not claiming any credit for the geniuses before me on these pages who have made all this work and solved the problem for us already, just hoping my list of instructions helps others like myself who are a bit slower in understanding what needs doing. Also a very big thank you to Ronny Van den Broeck for posting his hard work in the first place. Very much appreciated.
And big thanks to those who made Ronny's work possible:
The IP camera is built on top of a foundation Raspbian Jessie Minimal image and consists of three major parts:

The PHP/Bootstrap web interface (built in this project)
The UV4L software from http://www.linux-projects.org
The RTSP server from https://github.com/mpromonet/h264_v4l2_rtspserver
Have you ever considered to switch to the UV4L web server directly for the user interface and/or to add WebRTC to the list of features?

rjhazeld

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Great project Ronny. Thanks to Slartybart for the summary of how to get Wi-Fi enabled. I used it to get Wi-Fi and the essential ip address on a Pi Zero. Bit of a fiddle as an hdmi monitor/tv plus usb hub for keyboard and Wi-Fi adapter were necessary. The only problem I have is that I couldn't add "disable_camera_led=1" to the /boot/config.txt file to switch the red led on the camera module off. Kept getting error message something like 'can't save read only file system'. This despite using the same series of commands as to change the wpa-supplicant file. Anyone know how to do this? if all else fails a blob of blutak will do the job!!

antennas

Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:34 am

Yes thanks so much for this project. I am learning a lot. I do not see a version 1.7 yet or will there be? I know you wrote about it. Also is there a way to get smooth streaming? I am getting some choppy video, or is it dependant on how fast the wifi is? What is the face detection button? How do you edit the text overlay?
Thanks again!!

gohigher

Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:45 am

rjhazeld wrote:Great project Ronny. Thanks to Slartybart for the summary of how to get Wi-Fi enabled. I used it to get Wi-Fi and the essential ip address on a Pi Zero. Bit of a fiddle as an hdmi monitor/tv plus usb hub for keyboard and Wi-Fi adapter were necessary. The only problem I have is that I couldn't add "disable_camera_led=1" to the /boot/config.txt file to switch the red led on the camera module off. Kept getting error message something like 'can't save read only file system'. This despite using the same series of commands as to change the wpa-supplicant file. Anyone know how to do this? if all else fails a blob of blutak will do the job!!
Have you tried : sudo mount -o remount rw /

rjhazeld

Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Yes, I had used it to amend the network settings for Wi-Fi and have just made a change to switch off power management on the wifi dongle as it kept dropping. Tried again for the disable led as well but no luck. Need to find a solution though as I have the pi zero and camera on a zeroview mount suckered to a double glazed window the second pane of which is reflecting the red back.

antennas

Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:59 am

I wonder if someone could provide an answer. I have the video running fine on my own network and it displays fine. So to test I setup a DMZ on my internal IP for the camera. When I try to access the stream from outside the network I cannot see the stream. I get everything else, just no video. The controls and info is there and the page seems to load fine except for the video window. Anyone else have this issue?

Thank you.

LUBANG

Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:22 pm

Hi.
Sorry for my english....
I want to add my raspberry camera (hardware camera v2.1) to a Hikvision hardware interface but i can't.
I must fill entry : LOGIN (minimum) and PASSWORD if i want rtsp server to play.
How add this entry to raspberry system ???

THANKS!

I am an amateur :)

Return to “Camera board”