Zeek20

Squeeze is only debian that works

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:34 am

So I've had my fair share of fun the past couple days with my pi, however I've come to realize only squeeze will boot(after latest kernel update), wheezy, I hope i'm getting these names right lol..., and arch won't boot at all.

With wheezy all I get is the pi logo on the screen, the cursor blinks for about 3s and goes away and nothing gets initialized or turned on afterwards. With arch, it'll get to where it says "mounting root in read-only mode" and turn everything on and then stop. (also the green light I think flashes 3 times really fast on wheezy? not entirely sure, but it does it just after the pi logo shows after the colorful kernel logo goes away)

Not sure what's going on, as on squeeze I was able to do everything, play quake 3, play high-def videos and everything.

I have a .7ma charger on it and outputting to composite video.

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Squeeze is only debian that works

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:10 am

Does Squeeze image on the same sdcard work okay with latest firmware (if you run rpi-update on squeeze you will get the same firmware as on wheezy)?

Zeek20

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:59 am

dom wrote:Does Squeeze image on the same sdcard work okay with latest firmware (if you run rpi-update on squeeze you will get the same firmware as on wheezy)?
Yes it works perfect, I'm actually on it right now, I reflashed it about 20 min ago and readding all my stuff. Seems to be alright, didn't have any problems running the latest firmware.

So like I said, squeeze works seemlessly minus a few quirks, but nothing I haven't dealt with in ubuntu before. I reflashed wheezy 3 times today trying a few diff things in config.txt and still a no go.

Edit: Is there anyway I can just change my sources.list and upgrade with apt-get dist-upgrade or is that not possible with debian?

johnnytruant

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:28 am

If you want a working wheezy image, try this one: http://www.linuxsystems.it/2012/06/debi ... mal-image/

It's been working OK for me.

Flip

Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:32 am

Ever so slightly off topic - but I believe still pertinent and building on previous comments. If one has a working Pi with Squeeze on, and the firmware updater, etc... is there going to be a way to upgrade it to the equivalent of Wheezy without a rebuild of the SD card? As Wheezy is beta I appreciate you probably can't do that now, just thinking in the next couple of weeks.

Return to “Troubleshooting”