NOTE: the $ indicate from the <your_user_name> needs replaced
0. open terminal (yeah its like the laws of thermodynamics. i had the rest so i counted backwards)
1. get kusti's chrome repo by following directions in kusti's 1st post
kusti8 wrote:To get V51, add dev to the end of the deb statement in /etc/apt/sources.list
And the usual
$sudo apt-get update
$sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
3. Get the recovery image
$wget https://dl.google.com/dl/edgedl/chromeo ... ecovery.sh
$sudo WORKDIR=/mnt sh linux_recovery.sh
4. select 14(may have to type 14 in twice) and wait for it to download.
5. when prompted after it is extracted type 0 to quit
6. Do whatever this does to mount the drive
$sudo apt-get install kpartx
$sudo kpartx -avs chromeos*.bin
$sudo mkdir -p /media/<you_user_name>/chromeos
$sudo mount -t ext2 /dev/mapper/loop0p3 -o ro /media/<your_user_name>/chromeos/
$sudo cp ./opt/google/chrome/libwidevine*.so ~/libvinewide
7. Check that both files are in proper location(plus easy to move offcard for future needs)
8. if both files there continue. else something went wrong above.
$cp ~/libvinewide/libwidevine*.so /usr/lib/chromium-browser
9. make a shortcut
paste the following purple text into the file
chromium-browser --use-gl=egl --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS armv7l 6946.86.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/43.0.2357.134 Safari/537.36" http://netflix.com
10. use "CTRL+o" then "ENTER" to write, Then "CTRL+x" to write file
$ chmod -x netflix
11. now from terminal in the home directory ./netflix will run the app.
To add the framebuffer_depth=32 (can be added anywhere, i recommend adding things at the bottom for easy locating)
$sudo nano /boot/.config.txt file
I have horrible network speed where I am so I feel like i noticed a difference.
it is running 65C with heat sink
Over-clocked to 1350 and devoting half my ram to gpu
half my ram(~250MB) used
20-40% CPU usage.
Samsung SD EVO+ 32GB card.
-update- openGL seems to not work on my TV.
note: on RPi3 with Raspian Jessie 8.