darkeagl

Re: Minimal Kiosk Browser

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:31 pm

gkreidl wrote:
darkeagl wrote:
gkreidl wrote:I have a problem with kweb.
I am running a Node.js server on a Pi 1 B+ on http://localhost:8080/
With epiphany I get the website in kiosk mode without a problem but when I want to run it with kweb or kweb3 -KJ I just get a screen with "Connection refused" and done.
What could be the problem, the waiting time before the browser opens didnt change so Node.js is up and running because from another pc from the same LAN I can open the page the same second the Pi tries to open it with kweb.

Any help appreciated.
--------
Hard for me to tell without being able to test it. How do you start the node.js server and kweb(3)?
They both start with a script at boot. First the node.js with the webserver and after a few seconds kweb. And as I said the time in between is enough for other browsers but it doesnt show anython on kweb.
Is this a message from the server (in the browser) or from XORG (console)?
It is a message from kweb not from XORG

gkreidl

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:39 pm

Can you try to connect to some website instead of localhost just for testing?
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

osowiecki

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:46 am

What option should I put in omxplayergui settings to force it to play audio track of a video on headphones instead of HDMI?
When you don't use HDMI it defaults to Analog (headphones) but when you have a monitor connected via HDMI it will default to HDMI and won't play audio through headphones. Normal omxplayer audio option doesn't seem to work.

gkreidl

Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:09 am

osowiecki wrote:What option should I put in omxplayergui settings to force it to play audio track of a video on headphones instead of HDMI?
When you don't use HDMI it defaults to Analog (headphones) but when you have a monitor connected via HDMI it will default to HDMI and won't play audio through headphones. Normal omxplayer audio option doesn't seem to work.
Select the "analogaudio" preset on the "Settings" page.
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download

darkeagl

Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:26 am

gkreidl wrote:Can you try to connect to some website instead of localhost just for testing?
Ok did some changeing with the wait time and as it seems it needs around 45s sleep between the node.js start and the start of kweb with the website. Now it works. Just have to test if a module is functioning normally. Be back and thank you.

gkreidl

Version 1.7.2 available

Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:08 pm

Version 1.7.2 is now available. It fixes a problem caused by Ubeify installation, adds a few developer options to omxplayerGUI and the Youtube-DL-Server and comes with an extended omxyplayerGUI manual.

Developers of kiosk and digital signage applications should read the new chapter 8 of the manual, which explains in detail the new and very flexible options to include high resolution video into your web pages with almost no CPU overhead.

You can use the update function built into kweb to get the new version.
If you have kusti8's repository installed you can also use apt-get update / upgrade.

KTWS

Re: Version 1.7.2 available

Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:13 pm

gkreidl wrote:It fixes a problem caused by Ubeify installation
"It fixes a potential conflict with pip youtube-dl installs". Fixed that for you.

No need to throw your toys out the pram especially since installing via pip is recommended by youtube-dl developers in their own documentation. OMXplayerGUI used a non-recommended method to install youtube-dl, known to break under certain circumstances. I'm pleased you've found a way to fix your problem :-)
Ubeify Desktop Media Player For Raspberry Pi Zero, 1, 2 & 3
http://www.ubeify.co.uk/

gkreidl

Re: Version 1.7.2 available

Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:36 pm

KTWS wrote:
gkreidl wrote:It fixes a problem caused by Ubeify installation
"It fixes a potential conflict with pip youtube-dl installs". Fixed that for you.

No need to throw your toys out the pram especially since installing via pip is recommended by youtube-dl developers in their own documentation. OMXplayerGUI used a non-recommended method to install youtube-dl, known to break under certain circumstances. I'm pleased you've found a way to fix your problem :-)
During installation of youtube-dl via pip the symbolic link in /usr/bin is removed. Not your fault, but it should leave it alone as it installs its own start script in /usr/local/bin. omxplayerGUI versions earlier than 1.7.2 relied on it (or on any working version installed in /usr/bin as was also done by the Raspbian version). Now it can use the pip version, if others are missing and the symbolic link is now restored when users activate the update function (from the kweb's applications page).

NuclearFusion

Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:29 pm

I have downloaded the most up to date version of the kweb web browser, and I replied yes to downloading ytdl when the browser was installing. Despite this I cannot play youtube videos using omx player frontend, the terminal command omxplayergui ytdl, or the play button for embedded videos. Whenever i try any of these, nothing happens. I am running the latest version of raspbian on a raspberry pi 2 b. And as for ytdl, when I run update-ytdl it says yotube-dl from github not found. Thanks for any help.

gkreidl

Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:29 pm

NuclearFusion wrote:I have downloaded the most up to date version of the kweb web browser, and I replied yes to downloading ytdl when the browser was installing. Despite this I cannot play youtube videos using omx player frontend, the terminal command omxplayergui ytdl, or the play button for embedded videos. Whenever i try any of these, nothing happens. I am running the latest version of raspbian on a raspberry pi 2 b. And as for ytdl, when I run update-ytdl it says yotube-dl from github not found. Thanks for any help.
Try installing again from kweb's application page.
Dou you have a directory "youtube-dl" in the root of your user directory (e. g. in /home/pi)

NuclearFusion

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:56 pm

gkreidl wrote:
NuclearFusion wrote:I have downloaded the most up to date version of the kweb web browser, and I replied yes to downloading ytdl when the browser was installing. Despite this I cannot play youtube videos using omx player frontend, the terminal command omxplayergui ytdl, or the play button for embedded videos. Whenever i try any of these, nothing happens. I am running the latest version of raspbian on a raspberry pi 2 b. And as for ytdl, when I run update-ytdl it says yotube-dl from github not found. Thanks for any help.
Try installing again from kweb's application page.
Dou you have a directory "youtube-dl" in the root of your user directory (e. g. in /home/pi)

I don't have youtube-dl in my /home/pi folder.

by the way i unistalled kweb and reinstalled using the directions on the main kweb post, and i have also tried installing youtube dl from the kweb application page. I then typed ginstall-ytdl in the terminal to see what went wrong and it says:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ginstall-ytdl
cloning git version of youtube-dl ...
Cloning into 'youtube-dl'...
remote: Counting objects: 69568, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (50/50), done.
error: RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

creating symbolic link
compiling modules ...
Done. To update youtube-dl run update-ytdl (there are new updates almost daily)

gkreidl

Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:11 am

NuclearFusion wrote: I don't have youtube-dl in my /home/pi folder.

by the way i unistalled kweb and reinstalled using the directions on the main kweb post, and i have also tried installing youtube dl from the kweb application page. I then typed ginstall-ytdl in the terminal to see what went wrong and it says:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ginstall-ytdl
cloning git version of youtube-dl ...
Cloning into 'youtube-dl'...
remote: Counting objects: 69568, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (50/50), done.
error: RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

creating symbolic link
compiling modules ...
Done. To update youtube-dl run update-ytdl (there are new updates almost daily)
So you have either a problem with your internet connection or at least with github.
You could try using pip instead. Since version 1.7.2 a youtube-dl version installed with pip is also supported. Try
sudo pip install youtube-dl
For updating it later on run
sudo pip install --upgrade youtube-dl

NuclearFusion

Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:47 am

Ok, this is what happens when I try that:

sudo pip install youtube-dl
Downloading/unpacking youtube-dl
Downloading youtube_dl-2016.7.11-py2.py3-none-any.whl (1.4MB): 454kB downloaded
Cleaning up...
Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 122, in main
status = self.run(options, args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 290, in run
requirement_set.prepare_files(finder, force_root_egg_info=self.bundle, bundle=self.bundle)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req.py", line 1198, in prepare_files
do_download,
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req.py", line 1376, in unpack_url
self.session,
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/download.py", line 572, in unpack_http_url
download_hash = _download_url(resp, link, temp_location)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/download.py", line 433, in _download_url
for chunk in resp_read(4096):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/download.py", line 421, in resp_read
chunk_size, decode_content=False):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/urllib3/response.py", line 256, in stream
data = self.read(amt=amt, decode_content=decode_content)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/urllib3/response.py", line 186, in read
data = self._fp.read(amt)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 573, in read
s = self.fp.read(amt)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 380, in read
data = self._sock.recv(left)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 200, in recv
return self.recv(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 188, in recv
data = self.connection.recv(*args, **kwargs)
SysCallError: (104, 'Connection reset by peer')

Storing debug log for failure in /root/.pip/pip.log

gkreidl

Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:24 am

You've definitely got a serious network problem, possibly related to https connections. Try browsing a website with https (e. g. github.com)

NuclearFusion

Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:21 pm

gkreidl wrote:You've definitely got a serious network problem, possibly related to https connections. Try browsing a website with https (e. g. github.com)
I currently use my raspberry for all web browsing, including using the forum, and I browsed github for a bit to see if there would be a problem. There wasn't a problem as far as I could see, but I did recently change my mac address on my pi. I wonder if that might be affecting things, although I am quite sure I had this issue before I changed it. When you say it is an issue with my internet connection, could using a different wireless network fix it, or is it a problem with the wifi hardware/software on my pi?

gkreidl

Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:30 pm

NuclearFusion wrote:
gkreidl wrote:You've definitely got a serious network problem, possibly related to https connections. Try browsing a website with https (e. g. github.com)
I currently use my raspberry for all web browsing, including using the forum, and I browsed github for a bit to see if there would be a problem. There wasn't a problem as far as I could see, but I did recently change my mac address on my pi. I wonder if that might be affecting things, although I am quite sure I had this issue before I changed it. When you say it is an issue with my internet connection, could using a different wireless network fix it, or is it a problem with the wifi hardware/software on my pi?
I've got no idea. But both git and pip could not fulfill their job because the network connection broke.

NuclearFusion

Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:40 pm

NuclearFusion wrote:
Ok i will revert my pi back to its original MAC address and try again. If that doesn't work I might have to bring my pi to an internet cafe and try use their wifi lol. Thanks for all the help btw.

NuclearFusion

Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:57 pm

gkreidl wrote:
NuclearFusion wrote:
I've got no idea. But both git and pip could not fulfill their job because the network connection broke.
Ok. I just kept doing the ginstall-ytdl command in the terminal untill it finally worked LOL. Now, I do have a ytdl folder in my home/pi directory. However, now when I try to watch videos with kweb something does happen, omx player comes up briefly with the video and then closes. I then changed the omx player setting to simple mode where you cant resize the window, and videos play for longer now, but omx player still quits partway through.

gkreidl

Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:08 am

NuclearFusion wrote: Ok. I just kept doing the ginstall-ytdl command in the terminal untill it finally worked LOL. Now, I do have a ytdl folder in my home/pi directory. However, now when I try to watch videos with kweb something does happen, omx player comes up briefly with the video and then closes. I then changed the omx player setting to simple mode where you cant resize the window, and videos play for longer now, but omx player still quits partway through.
"Simple" mode won't help. This is a remnant of times when people had very old omxplayer versions.
This looks like the same network problem again. If the stream connection breaks, the player closes (auto finish is set to true by default),
Try playing a local video.
Can you try a wired ethernet connection?

NuclearFusion

Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:42 am

gkreidl wrote:
NuclearFusion wrote: Ok. I just kept doing the ginstall-ytdl command in the terminal untill it finally worked LOL. Now, I do have a ytdl folder in my home/pi directory. However, now when I try to watch videos with kweb something does happen, omx player comes up briefly with the video and then closes. I then changed the omx player setting to simple mode where you cant resize the window, and videos play for longer now, but omx player still quits partway through.
"Simple" mode won't help. This is a remnant of times when people had very old omxplayer versions.
This looks like the same network problem again. If the stream connection breaks, the player closes (auto finish is set to true by default),
Try playing a local video.
Can you try a wired ethernet connection?
I tried to download a youtube documentary to watch as a local video, and it failed saying connection reset by peer. I can try ethernet in a few days because i'm installing a cable that leads to my office. If I discover something I will update this post but for now good by and thanks for all the assistance!

Edit: managed to dl documentary and watched it using omx player; it worked perfectly.

gkreidl

Announcing version 1.7.3

Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:08 am

Version 1.7.3 will soon be published ( when I'm through with the documentation).

This version fixes a few small bugs and adds a lot of extensions to the youtube-dl-server to enable local and remote access to your media collection from any browser.

kweb(3):
Fixes bug with auto-configuration page and new browser instances by adding a new command flag (_) to suppress auto-configuration.
Disabled automatic clearing of cookies, when private mode is enabled and cookies are not enabled.

omxplayerGUI:
New settings option to compensate overscan offset.

youtube_dl_server:
Can now safely be stopped with CTRL-C if started from a terminal.
New interface for the main page.
Supports styling.
Added local media file browser including playlist generation (ordered or shuffled).
Added remote media controls when running in "remote player mode".
The -t=preset option now sets the environment for both server and player (when using the direct play commands).
New option to select a server style (-s=style.css)
Three new settings options to support the new features.
New start script to run the server in quiet mode: start_ytdl_server.sh [options]

kwebhelper_set.py:
Small fixes
Modified support for patching presets (adding the new options to old user presets).

kweb_bookmark.py:
Shows HTLM/text lines for better placement of links.
New checkbox to create links which are always opened in a new browser instance.

Environment:
Two new presets, "webplayer" and "remoteplayer" to help using the new server features.
Style examples for the ytdl_server.

Documentation:
Updated and extended omxplayerGUI manual.

The highlight are the new functions of the youtube-dl-server, which provide a very easy and snappy access to you media collection from any browser (not just kweb). The attached image shows the start page and a media example page using one of the supplied styles.
Attachments
webplayerduo.jpg
webplayerduo.jpg (44.76 KiB) Viewed 3692 times

jakky567

Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:55 pm

Some youtube videos will not playback using the omxplayergui for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVr4h7A3BWM will not, while https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70iDoDAAfyQ will playback using youtube-dl and the gui.

gkreidl

Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:11 pm

jakky567 wrote:Some youtube videos will not playback using the omxplayergui for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVr4h7A3BWM will not, while https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70iDoDAAfyQ will playback using youtube-dl and the gui.
For the first video I get the message "video not available" in the browser; obviously blocked by youtube..

jakky567

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:39 am

gkreidl wrote:
jakky567 wrote:Some youtube videos will not playback using the omxplayergui for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVr4h7A3BWM will not, while https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70iDoDAAfyQ will playback using youtube-dl and the gui.
For the first video I get the message "video not available" in the browser; obviously blocked by youtube..
I'm in the United States, I think that particular example is blocked wherever you're at unfortunately.

gkreidl

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:53 am

jakky567 wrote: I'm in the United States, I think that particular example is blocked wherever you're at unfortunately.
run

Code: Select all

youtube-dl -g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVr4h7A3BWM
from the command line. What does it report?

Return to “Raspberry Pi OS”