- - Added progress bar (pipe viewer)
- Added pipe viewer to dependencies
- Added an update option
- Bug fixes
- - Added disk and file verification
- Major code refactoring and clean up
- Errors are now outputted to stderr
- Removed root requirement by default (any commands requiring root access while ask for passwords after command is run)
- Added uninstallation option
- Simpler installation
- Bug fixes
Installing Operating Systems to SD Cards via the terminal can sometimes be quite irritating, or uncomfortable for command-line newbies, which leads many to install full blown applications, that are overkill just to install images.
So, a while ago, I wrote a small bash script to make life easier. And why not release it publicly? So I've released the script as a command line disc image installer https://github.com/pratinav/disc-image-installer with an installation script, a guide, and all that awesomeness.
This is an automation script, which mainly aims to make your life easier and save your time, and ISN'T a new application, aiming to compete with any existing applications.
NOTE- As of now, this script is only for Mac OS X. A Linux version may be released in the future.
It can install any disc image file (.img file) onto any flash media or storage device, so it's not only limited to raspberry pi OS installations.
Hope it helps!
PS- Please suggest a better forum for this post if you can, I'm kinda new around here