yrobla

Picademy for non-teachers

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:41 am

I attended to Raspberry Pi conference yesterday on Pycon UK. It looked to me as something I was searching for years, for my children education. I live in Spain, no options available for children to learn computers that way, at least where i leave.
I'm not an official teacher but I want to introduce it to my children and to my community. So Picademy is something granted only for official teachers or there could be some way i could learn from it as well?
Btw, amazing project!

Carrie Anne
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Re: Picademy for non-teachers

Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:04 am

At this time we are only able to offer this free training course to teachers as the course is built around Pi in the classroom.

Parent's and others in our community would benefit more from attending a Raspberry Jam event in their area, as these are more targeted towards children, much like the PyCon UK event on Saturday.

There are also many tutorials on our website under 'resources' which can help you get started.

Forris
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:12 pm

HI, and sorry to drag up an old post, but is the position with Picademy still the same, that it is for qualified teachers only?

I'm helping to introduce my son's primary school to the world of Pi, and in September I will be starting a Physical Computing after-school club, using Pi's. I had hoped that the IT teacher would be interested in attending a course, but she is just about to start maternity leave, so it's a bit difficult.

It would be great if their was a way for people that teach, but are not qualified teachers, to access the course, or at least the 'members-only' club that seems to result from it.

Carrie Anne

Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:08 pm

The best advice I can give is to apply. We always try to over fill our courses and often spots become available at short notice. If you do not apply, then we won't call.

The reason the course is for educators, is because it is full of teaching and learning CS pedagogy that relates to CS curriculums around the world. If you think this applies to you, then apply and let us know how in your application.

Forris

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:21 pm

Thanks, Carrie Anne.

Return to “Picademy”