GeekEdition

Pi Certified Kids Program

Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Hello!

My son Gavin (aka Easy As Pi) with a little help from me( I am mainly the editor for his videos at this point lol) Has started doing his YouTube videos. Which thanks to everyone at Raspberry Pi have really taken off! But I was wondering I see the certification for Teachers and Adults.. But is there any for kids currently out?

Thank you here on the forums and Also Raspberry Pi!

LetHopeItsSnowing

Re: Pi Certified Kids Program

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:41 am

I'm not aware of any Certified Kids programme. Perhaps the education team have something in their back pocket.

Its an idea I really like though.
"am I getting slower, or is stuff more complicated; either way I now have to write it down - stuffaboutcode.com"

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:23 am

I think the intention is that the Picademy people them go on to teach this sort of thing - the Foundation simply do not have the staff to run a children's certification as well. They are worked off their feet as it is.

However, will flag up this thread to them.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

NBizzell
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator

Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:35 pm

This could be a good idea, with the Foundation setting the standards and the RCEs delivering the training / certification in their schools.

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:51 pm

Much as I like pi I do wonder if school is a bit early for vendor specific qualification/certification.

Rayzzaberry

Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:21 pm

i would like to start a program for kids here in South Africa
please give me info on how i can teach kids young and old about Raspberry Pi this is a great machine

miketrebilcock

Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:27 pm

It's always great to be able to give kids badges and certificates in school assemblies. I wonder if this idea could be tied up with Code Club, perhaps a term of material related directly to the Pi, the completion of which gives them the Pi Certified Kids award? I'd be happy to help with building a 6 week, 1 hour a week course up to complement the existing code club material.

philipcolligan
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. We are thinking about whether and how we could use accreditation to help people (especially kids) track and share their progress.

We always welcome all ideas. So please keep them coming.

Thanks.

Return to “Picademy”