JonnyAlpha
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator

Pi Academy Day 2

Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:25 am

Just setting off to attend day 2 of the Pi Academy.
Great day yesterday, covered and learnt loads.
What a brilliant team.
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator. Main Hardware - Raspberry Pi 1 model B revision 2, Raspberry Pi 2 model B, Pi Camera

Carrie Anne
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Re: Pi Academy Day 2

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:22 pm

How are you getting on 6 months after Picademy?

JonnyAlpha

Re: Pi Academy Day 2

Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Carrie Anne wrote:How are you getting on 6 months after Picademy?
Thank you for asking Carrie Anne,

I now help run the local Pi Jam and have been running an after school coding and robotics club. This terms starts again next week (loads of applicants).

I have now made it my personal goal to help as many children as I can get into coding and hacking electronics. I finish my teaching degree in July and in November and as I am a mature student, I will be seeking part time employment, hopefully teaching single subject 'Computing', in any local Primary School that will have me :-)
In my spare time I will be opening up a computing workshop both static and mobile (local area).

A secondary goal would be to get assistance from a local company to start up an annual event akin to the one run by PA Consulting http://www.paconsulting.com/events/prev ... mpetition/ this would open up opportunities for children in North Devon who would find it logistically difficult to get involved otherwise.

Absolutely hooked on all things Pi / Computing / Electronics related and passionate to share with our younger generation :-)

Bill H
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator. Main Hardware - Raspberry Pi 1 model B revision 2, Raspberry Pi 2 model B, Pi Camera

Return to “Picademy”