Carrie Anne
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Picademy@Google

Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:47 pm

I am excited to announce our new Picademy@Google programme for educators, kicking off in Leeds, UK. This is another opportunity for primary, secondary and post-16 teachers to attend Raspberry Pi-flavoured computing and science training, but this time at a Google Digital Garage near where you live. The Digital Garages are a group of pop-up spaces – the first one located in Leeds Docks – which will help 200,000 British businesses learn crucial skills for the digital age, and use the power of the internet to reach more customers and grow faster.

The Picademy@Google courses will be run by hand-picked community members and educators, and will be a a mix of hands-on making, project-based learning and general hacking (think Picademy meets Raspberry Jam!). They will run alongside our definitive Picademy course and are, as always, completely free to attend for teachers.

We will be launching Picademy@Google in other UK cities as Google Digital Garages open over the next few months: to be informed about when one opens up near you, please sign up to our education newsletter.

The Leeds Digital Garage will be open for six months, and we’ll be running a number of Picademy@Google courses there, so start spreading the news: sign-ups for teachers are open!

jcwyatt

Re: Picademy@Google

Tue May 19, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi,

Do the Google Picademy's also carry 'Pi Certified Educator' status. I do so love a badge! (and something 'official' to go on my CV)

singingsprocket
Raspberry Pi Certified Educator

Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:48 pm

I'm really looking forward to the picademy in Leeds on Monday. I've tried out a few ideas and shown them to colleagues but I think a concentrated 2 days will help me learn a whole lot more.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:50 pm

singingsprocket wrote:I'm really looking forward to the picademy in Leeds on Monday. I've tried out a few ideas and shown them to colleagues but I think a concentrated 2 days will help me learn a whole lot more.
You will! Hope you enjoy it!
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Please direct all questions to the forum, I do not do support via PM.

caeducator

Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:43 pm

Is there anyway Picademy will come to the LA or bay area soon? I am starting to write a curriculum to integrate computer science using the Raspberry Pi into our science curriculum and I feel attending a Picademy would greatly help me with me students. Thank you!

Carrie Anne

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:17 pm

Do take a look at Picademy USA. We will be running 4 events in 2016 across the US starting in Mountain View at the Computer History Museum in February.

LiamEdgeley

Fri May 27, 2016 11:17 am

Could anyone tell me how long before the course before applicants find out whether they've got a place or not? One of my colleagues has applied for the Liverpool course (which is in three weeks) but hasn't heard anything (not even an acknowledgement of his application) since he applied.

jamesrobinson

Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:21 pm

We aim to give as much notice as possible of acceptance to events, all spaces for Liverpool have now been allocated and all applicants should have received an update as to whether they were accepted or not.

Please DM me if that hasn't happened, and I'll double check.

Mro-mts

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:53 pm

LiamEdgeley wrote:Could anyone tell me how long before the course before applicants find out whether they've got a place or not? One of my colleagues has applied for the Liverpool course (which is in three weeks) but hasn't heard anything (not even an acknowledgement of his application) since he applied.
Hi. I'm in the same situation. Will try to contact one and find out.

Mro-mts

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:55 pm

jamesrobinson wrote:We aim to give as much notice as possible of acceptance to events, all spaces for Liverpool have now been allocated and all applicants should have received an update as to whether they were accepted or not.

Please DM me if that hasn't happened, and I'll double check.
Hi James. I've tried to send you a PM but it won't let me as I've just registered this account. Can you help?

afmcdnl

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:59 pm

With Google Offices all across the world is there any plans to expand this to other parts of the network?

I'm curious about Canada - I know there are offices in both Montreal and Toronto - both of which we have hosted workshops at before and I are interested in bringing this sort of thing to Canada.

So excited to continue learning after my Picademy experience in Ann Arbor.

Return to “Picademy”