ClaireEllison

Re: VNC instructions (Pi remote desktop)

Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:00 pm

Maybe. Raspbian can run xrdc to provide a singer singer adele's weight loss Microsoft Remote Desktop server. That's as easy as "apt-get install xrdp". (Or "sudo apt-get install xrdp" if you're not logged in with a root account like "pi".)

I use this with the regular windows RDP client (mstsc) to log into my B+ without a KVM switch, and run in a regular window.

I don't own any iOS gear beyond an ancient iPod, but Google says that there are RDP clients for iPad, so this approach might work for you.

The remote graphical interface is noticeably slower. I don't know yet how much of that is my network setup. But the Pi is pretty slow on its own, too. I saw a cute signature quote on Stack Overflow the other day: "Don't judge Linux by the Pi!"

EvePowell

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:57 am

asiainorama wrote:
Presently I can utilize my Pi with my iMac and I no need more to associate with the TV. My better half will be truly cheerful. ;) The slack is least contrasted and wireless association or ethernet through the switch How Many Weight Watchers Points Am I Allowed
? Use this Weight Watchers Points Calculator to calculate how many points are in your food using the new and old method.Congrats!! I may give It's an awesome instructional exercise, simple and clear. Much appreciated. PS. It works quicker with Real VNC Viewer than different arrangements. Same here! Much obliged for the itemized control Dave Spice.
Last edited by EvePowell on Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Laylanot40

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:08 am

feverish wrote:I've only just seen this, for some reason Raspi has stopped emailing me whenever a 'watched' topic posts another message. Emily jones reviewed Phenq
I was wanting to use something like this for my developing project, so extra thanks for the tutorial.

I am getting the emails in the spam folder,
Last edited by Laylanot40 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RDS

Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:52 pm

I have reloaded NOOBS to get the version that includes VNC Server on the Pi and it is running OK.
I have loaded up VNC Viewer on a Windows 10 PC and entered the Pi IP address from my local network.

However, a window then comes and asks for a user name and password.

Could someone please advise where the user name and password come from.

klricks

Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:41 am

RDS wrote:I have reloaded NOOBS to get the version that includes VNC Server on the Pi and it is running OK.
I have loaded up VNC Viewer on a Windows 10 PC and entered the Pi IP address from my local network.

However, a window then comes and asks for a user name and password.

Could someone please advise where the user name and password come from.
The default for all versions of Raspbian is:
User: pi
Password: raspberry
You can configure the viewer software to automatically send the user and password if you wish.

You probably should change the password....
Go here for my RPi writeup. Basic config, Serial Port add-on etc:
http://blackeagle12.net/Comp/RPi/Rpi.html Click contact icon then world icon --->

RDS

Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:27 am

@klricks
Thank you so much. I was sure I had tried that combination (obviously not!).
All working well now and password changed.

sofiabovinoclaudia

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:07 am

This means that you can launch programs remotely on your Raspberry Pi, adjust settings in the Raspbian GUI and generally use the Watchotc desktop environment much as you would with the Pi plugged into your monitor.
Last edited by sofiabovinoclaudia on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

julialbert

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:27 am

clearmind wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:40 am
asiainorama wrote:WOW!!!!

Now I can use my Pi with my iMac and I no need more to connect to the TV.
My girlfriend will be really happy. ;)
The lag is minimum compared with wifi connection or ethernet through the router.
Congratulations!! I might give phen-375 a try soon. It's a great tutorial, easy and clear.

Thanks a lot.

PS. It works faster with Real VNC Viewer than other solutions.
Same here! Thanks for the detailed guide Dave Spice.

Return to “Picademy”