Bruce_Pi

RPI compute module 3

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:21 pm

Hi,
so i am planing to use compute module for a project. In this project there will be SARA R410 ublox module and one Xbee.

The goal of this project is to collect data from local devices and send ti to cloud using lte connectivity.

The questions is " what are my option for initial setup". lets say a user gets this product how will he setup the user id, password and other cellular settings. given that there is no WiFi or Ethernet connectivity.

CM3 has 2 uarts and i will using them for LTE and Xbee.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

fruitoftheloom

Re: RPI compute module 3

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:34 pm

Bruce_Pi wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:21 pm
Hi,
so i am planing to use compute module for a project. In this project there will be SARA R410 ublox module and one Xbee.

The goal of this project is to collect data from local devices and send ti to cloud using lte connectivity.

The questions is " what are my option for initial setup". lets say a user gets this product how will he setup the user id, password and other cellular settings. given that there is no WiFi or Ethernet connectivity.

CM3 has 2 uarts and i will using them for LTE and Xbee.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

When you design a Compute Module Carrier Board you add whatever you require into your design.

If you require a more complete Development Carrier Board take a look at the Waveshare:

https://www.waveshare.com/compute-modul ... d-plus.htm
Rather than negativity think outside the box !
RPi 4B 4GB (SSD Boot) RaspiOS64 ARM64
Asus ChromeBox 3 Celeron is my other computer...

Bruce_Pi

Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:09 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Lets say we add an Ethernet ( W5500) and use that as connectivity. But this is not supported by default so we would have to configure the linux to enable it or may be drivers needs to be write.

But if there is no way to access CM3 how do we edit or add driver for the fist time ?

trejan

Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:13 pm

There is a single USB OTG port that can operate in either host or device mode. The end user can plug it into a computer and configure it via that. If you have the CM3 with onboard eMMC flash then you'll also need that USB port to do the initial firmware load.

fruitoftheloom

Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:45 pm

Bruce_Pi wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:09 pm
Thanks for the reply.

Lets say we add an Ethernet ( W5500) and use that as connectivity. But this is not supported by default so we would have to configure the linux to enable it or may be drivers needs to be write.

But if there is no way to access CM3 how do we edit or add driver for the fist time ?

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... /README.md
Rather than negativity think outside the box !
RPi 4B 4GB (SSD Boot) RaspiOS64 ARM64
Asus ChromeBox 3 Celeron is my other computer...

Return to “Compute Module”