ttwr

Internet on Compute Module 3 via USB Hub with ethernet

Mon May 27, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi guys,

i'm a bit familiar with Raspberry but I try for the very first time to manage a compute module 3 (with memory on it).

I've the CMIO card, my issue is to succeed to access to internet for the first steps of configuration, i've a USB Hub + Ethernet, and i've try most of the technics i've seen on internet, but i still not succeed to connect internet from my CM3.

Btw, i've installed raspbian Stretch Desktop Version (the tiny one, not with all software), with etcher from a macbook. I've try to change the files into the boot partition, dtoverlay and so on, but i'm a bit confused, i still don't know if it's the correct way to do it with compute module 3 Vs Pi Zero or pi 3 B.

My bad if the correct information already exists, i've try to reach it, without success.

Thanks to all, take care.

TTWR

fruitoftheloom

Re: Internet on Compute Module 3 via USB Hub with ethernet

Mon May 27, 2019 6:26 pm

ttwr wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:28 pm
Hi guys,

i'm a bit familiar with Raspberry but I try for the very first time to manage a compute module 3 (with memory on it).

I've the CMIO card, my issue is to succeed to access to internet for the first steps of configuration, i've a USB Hub + Ethernet, and i've try most of the technics i've seen on internet, but i still not succeed to connect internet from my CM3.

Btw, i've installed raspbian Stretch Desktop Version (the tiny one, not with all software), with etcher from a macbook. I've try to change the files into the boot partition, dtoverlay and so on, but i'm a bit confused, i still don't know if it's the correct way to do it with compute module 3 Vs Pi Zero or pi 3 B.

My bad if the correct information already exists, i've try to reach it, without success.

TTWR

You need a Compute Model base board, see:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... /README.md
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

rpdom

Mon May 27, 2019 7:57 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
You need a Compute Model base board
Also known as a CMIO board as mentioned in the original post.

W. H. Heydt

Mon May 27, 2019 8:57 pm

You configure config.txt and cmdline.txt the same way you do with any other Pi. They're located in /boot. Use your preferred editor and do the editing as root.

fruitoftheloom

Tue May 28, 2019 6:01 am

rpdom wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:

The OP wrote CMIO card
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

rpdom

Tue May 28, 2019 7:03 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:01 am
rpdom wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:
The OP wrote CMIO card
Semantics. :lol:

ttwr

Wed May 29, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi everyone, i'm more advanced than two days before, thanks to all. I still got some issues.

At each reboot, my RPi 3 compute module add one route (that i can see with route -n), with a new IP Adress, i have to change my configuration network in my OSX system preferences and change the router from 192.168.7.0 to 192.168.3.0.

Then i have an internet connexion on RPi, i can ping the web from my Pi, i can connect in ssh from my mac, that's perfect.

But it not stay like this more than a minute, then i lose the connexion on both devices (RPI and macbook), i've to change the router again, it's rework fine, and again i ve the problem.

For information i've tried and succeed to delete the new route, it doesn't change anything, the Pi Compute Module recreate a new one, and i've to switch again, eternally.

Do you know if there is a solution (fix IP adress or something else) to avoid this behavior?

Return to “Compute Module”