Kehring

multi-Programmer or customizing service

Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:28 am

We want to use the CM3 in future products of us.

1. I asked distributors of CM3 for custom programming service (delivery preprogrammed with our image) with no success.
2. I searched the web for sources of multiprogrammer hardware to be used by our production with no success.

Can someone point me to a source of any the two options above ?

Thanks,
Knut.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: multi-Programmer or customizing service

Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:14 am

Just to be clear, you need to able to program the CM3 device ready for customers (presumably the eMMC), and want to know how to do that in bulk?
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Please direct all questions to the forum, I do not do support via PM.

PhilE

Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:16 am

Kehring

Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:49 am

Your assumption of bulk programming is correct.

The link supplied gives me an idea how to make a small software tool programming a module found to be connected. Thanks for that.

Now I only lack an "adapter" of multiple CM3s to a single "computer" to do this in bulk. No other option than buying many devboards and build them into a rack ?

gsh

Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:29 pm

Don't forget you only need to connect to the PC to upload the initial image. Once you've done that (if you're doing something like scriptexecutor) you can use any of the interfaces on your target hardware to get the image from.

For the Slice project, we just took the compute module and put it into the Slice case, then connected power and plugged in a Pi which is running rpiboot -l. This then pushed into the Slice a buildroot (similar to scriptexecutor) which booted, mounted a server nfs drive over ethernet and downloaded the image directly to the eMMC. The Pi only needs to be plugged in for about 15 seconds, the first thing I did was to make the LEDs go all blue so the operator knew to unplug the Pi. At the end of programming, the LEDs would go all green or all red depending on whether it passed or failed. The test log would have been uploaded to the server

Gordon
--
Gordon Hollingworth PhD
Raspberry Pi - Director of Software Engineering

Return to “Compute Module”