Oljahim39

Compute Module 3 with usb ssh

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:32 pm

Hi everybody, I have a question, possible there is already answer on forum but i fail to find it:
Is it possible "to ssh" to module 3 over micro usb cable on using slave port?
OR can I put micro usb to usb adapter and put wifi dongle on usb SLAVE port for "ssh-ing" from pc?

thagrol

Re: Module 3 with usb ssh

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:05 pm

Oljahim39 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:32 pm
Hi everybody, I have a question, possible there is already answer on forum but i fail to find it:
Is it possible "to ssh" to module 3 over micro usb cable on using slave port?
OR can I put micro usb to usb adapter and put wifi dongle on usb SLAVE port for "ssh-ing" from pc?
If by "module 3" you mean model 3B/3B+ the answer to your first question is no. Only the zero, zeroW,and (probably) model A/A+ can function as a USB device. The B, B+, 2B, 3B, and 3B+ can only function as USB hosts. The micro USB port on these (and all model except the zero) is power only, no data connection is present.

Both the model 3B and 3B+ have built in wifi and ethernet that can be used. See https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... ccess/ssh/

If you mean the compute module 3/3L, I guess it depends on the carrier board you're using. You might get a better answer posting in the Compute Module section.
Note to self: don't feed the trolls
If you believe "L'enfer, c'est les autres" (Hell is other people) have you considered that it may be of your own making?

Oljahim39

Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Thanks @thagrol for the answer and sorry i wasn't clear enough. I am new to raspberries and for me so car there is only raspberry and compute module raspbery akka module 3 xD. it was compute module 3 i talked about, and io bord like one on the link:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/app/uploads ... 0x1080.jpg

I will certainly ask and on compute module section.

thagrol

Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:28 pm

NP. The confusion could just as well have been on my end.

As I understand it, the USB host port is just that. So you should be able to connect a USB wifi or ethernet dongle. Via a hub if you need other USB devices too. Of course, you won't be able to use both the host and slave ports at the same time.
Note to self: don't feed the trolls
If you believe "L'enfer, c'est les autres" (Hell is other people) have you considered that it may be of your own making?

Return to “Compute Module”