T3b0

CM3 working with Buildroot?

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:39 am

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction please?

I am trying to use buildroot for a CM3 project I am working on, I have completed a basic buildroot build which works fine on sdcard on a rpi3. However this same image will not work on the CM3, it hangs at the colored splash screen, suggesting it isn't seeing the filesystem. I cannot find anything to suggest the CM3 storage is referenced differently from the normal rpi3 in any way. I have confirmed the unit works fine by putting raspbian lite on the cm3 to test, which worked fine.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

gsh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: CM3 working with Buildroot?

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Are you booting the buildroot from the eMMC or over USB? If you're trying to push it over USB and you are using a CMIO board (or you are using something with the same eMMC disable functionality when you plug in something to the USB host) then you'll need to disable the activity LED and drive the pin to hold the eMMC reenabled...

If booting from the eMMC then do you get flashes from the LED?

Gordon
--
Gordon Hollingworth PhD
Raspberry Pi - Director of Software Engineering

T3b0

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:22 pm

Thanks for the comments Gordon,

I am booting from eMMC, there was no LED activity after power on just the rainbow colored splash screen.

I just did a fresh clone of github for Buildroot and a fresh build and it has booted fine now. Not sure what happened the first time but it appears to be working ok now.

Thanks

JuanS

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem!

Thx

Return to “Compute Module”