https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... lashing.md
* Windows 7
* Pi CM3
* Pi compute developer board
What I did:
* put cm3 in carrier board
* run installer
* connect carrier to PC
* apply power to carrier board
* observe windows 'installing driver blah blah'
* CM3+carrier board is detected as 'Xbox S controller'
* open terminal and run 'Compute Module Boot/rpiboot.exe'
* observe error:
Code: Select all
Waiting for BCM283x ... Initialised device correctly Found serial number 0 Found serial = 0: writing file ./usbbootcode.bin Failed to write correct length, returned 0
After which the CM3 seems to be out to lunch. Now sometimes running rpiboot.exe basically does nothing and it just sits at the 'Waiting for BCM...' line. Similarly described here:
I notice that the instructions list testing on Windows 10, and XP. Notably, Windows 7 is not mentioned.
1. Is it more likely that this is a Win7 issue or a problem with the bootcode.bin file?
2. Has anyone used this on Windows 7 with success?
3. If it's the bootcode.bin, do I just fetch that from a different commit and try again?
3. How can I get my CM3 out of zombie-land and try it again?