marcosartore

Flashing CM3 eMMC: how to mount partitions ?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:10 am

Hello,
I am trying to follow the steps indicated in the documentation page "Flashing the Compute Module eMMC" and succeeded in writing the latest Raspbian Jessie OS image.
Command " ls /dev/sd* " on the Ubuntu PC used for this purpose and connected to the Compute Module IO Board 3.0 correctly shows two novel partitions, which in my case are "sdc1" and "sdc2".
The next step reading the manual should be: "The /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2 partitions can now be mounted normally".

Probably, this should be a straightforward step for the Manual's author, but actually not for me: at the indicated step I am non yet on the target OS, say by an SSH shell, therefore I cannot create two locations on the target eMMC (say diskc1 and diskc2) where to mount the partitions. I am still working on the linux PC used to flash the CM3.

Could anybody tell me what should I do at this step ?

Many thanks in advance,
Marco

bioe007

Re: Flashing CM3 eMMC: how to mount partitions ?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:50 pm

By 'mounted normally' I think the author's intent is to say, you can now mount the filesystems and do what you want with them.

As an example, from your host computer (Ubuntu) you might make mount points and then mount the partitions there to look at the contents:

Code: Select all

mkdir -p cm3/{fat, linux}
sudo mount /dev/sdc1 cm3/fat
sudo mount /dev/sdc2 cm3/linux
You might want to do this to modify any of the contents of those partitions.

If your goal was to flash the CM3 and then have it boot up, you can skip this mounting stuff altogether and it should boot up normally now. Just disconnect the USB or move the `USB SLAVE BOOT ENABLE` to disabled.

hth

marcosartore

Re: Flashing CM3 eMMC: how to mount partitions ?

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:23 am

Many thanks for your answer. I did simply as you pointed out and the CM3 booted up as expected.
Thanks a lot
Marco

Return to “Compute Module”