sam nazarko
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Re: CM3

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:26 pm

gregeric wrote:And thank you for OSMC Sam.

All seems fine - see viewtopic.php?f=35&t=171995
Cool stuff! You should post this (with the images) on our forums. It may help some people as there are now WD products which utilise the CM.

Sam

charles_ch
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Re: CM3

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:34 pm

PhilE wrote:@charles_ch Nothing is checking the compatible strings - just try the overlay; if it doesn't work it is for some other reason.

Yes, you are right: for whatever reason the linux kernel does not include the dwc2 & gadget modules. The /lib/modules/4.4.21-v7+/kernel/drivers/usb folder is missing the dwc2 and gadget folders (available on the CM1 kernel)....

PhilE
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 3306
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:07 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: CM3

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:27 am

Yes, it looks like we've only enabled them for Pi1 so far. I've created a pull request adding both config options to bcm2709_defconfig.

charles_ch
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Re: CM3

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:30 pm

PhilE wrote:Yes, it looks like we've only enabled them for Pi1 so far. I've created a pull request adding both config options to bcm2709_defconfig.
By adding the

Code: Select all

CONFIG_USB_ETH=m
to the config (or using menuconfig) to your pull request it works like a charm, thanks!

PhilE
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 3306
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:07 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: CM3

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:49 pm

I've updated the PR with the remaining missing options, including CONFIG_USB_ETH=m.

UP2U
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:02 pm
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

Re: CM3

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Please can someone clarify what or where PRC is, it's printed on the RPi CM3, "Made in PRC", I thought it would of been the UK?, thank you.

Image

User avatar
DougieLawson
Posts: 39880
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm
Location: A small cave in deepest darkest Basingstoke, UK
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: CM3

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:41 pm

"PRC" == "People's Republic of China".
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

UP2U
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:02 pm
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

Re: CM3

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:46 pm

DougieLawson wrote:"PRC" == "People's Republic of China".
I'm lost for words, I thought the heart of the RPi was the UK :cry:

I'm someone who's a strong supporter of Made in the UK :)
Last edited by UP2U on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gregeric
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:08 am

Re: CM3

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:48 pm

Buy from RS if you want one less two more letter on the silkscreen. That's the only difference.

Edit: the RS ones have the bonus word 'the'

UP2U
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:02 pm
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

Re: CM3

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:52 pm

gregeric wrote:Buy from RS if you want one less two more letter on the silkscreen. That's the only difference.

Edit: the RS ones have the bonus word 'the'
Awesome, thank you very much! :D

Image

gregeric
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:08 am

Re: CM3

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:08 pm

DougieLawson wrote:"PRC" == "People's Republic of China".
You sure about that? It could be short for "Plush Residence of Cambridge"

PhilE
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 3306
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:07 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: CM3

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:13 pm

You've obviously never been to Pi Towers.

gregeric
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:08 am

Re: CM3

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:49 pm

I know what you mean - lived there way back.

Worked my socks off for no pay. Lived in tied lodgings in some rickety old building with cockroaches scurrying around at night.

Didn't get a wink of sleep - folks partying into the early hours, then woken by delivery lorries & bin men at dawn.

After three years they chucked me out, and their parting gift to me was a piece of paper. Terrible place :D

charles_ch
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Re: CM3

Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:31 pm

PhilE wrote:I've updated the PR with the remaining missing options, including CONFIG_USB_ETH=m.
When I am using the dwc2 and g_ether modules with a Preempt Low Latency Kernel (version 4.4.32), I always get a kernel panic, starting by

Code: Select all

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 
I also get some "warning" from the dmesg:

Code: Select all

dwc2_hsotg_enqueue_setup: failed queue
numerous times

Any idea? Thanks!

charles_ch
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Re: CM3

Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:10 pm

charles_ch wrote:
PhilE wrote:I've updated the PR with the remaining missing options, including CONFIG_USB_ETH=m.
When I am using the dwc2 and g_ether modules with a Preempt Low Latency Kernel (version 4.4.32), I always get a kernel panic, starting by

Code: Select all

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 
I also get some "warning" from the dmesg:

Code: Select all

dwc2_hsotg_enqueue_setup: failed queue
numerous times

Any idea? Thanks!

Interesting fact: when dwc2 is configured in peripheral mode only, I do not have this error anymore:

Code: Select all

dwc2_hsotg_enqueue_setup: failed queue
and the kernel seems to be stable...

charles_ch
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Re: CM3

Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:13 pm

charles_ch wrote:
charles_ch wrote:
PhilE wrote:I've updated the PR with the remaining missing options, including CONFIG_USB_ETH=m.
When I am using the dwc2 and g_ether modules with a Preempt Low Latency Kernel (version 4.4.32), I always get a kernel panic, starting by

Code: Select all

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 
I also get some "warning" from the dmesg:

Code: Select all

dwc2_hsotg_enqueue_setup: failed queue
numerous times

Any idea? Thanks!
Interesting fact: when dwc2 is configured in peripheral mode only, I do not have this error anymore:

Code: Select all

dwc2_hsotg_enqueue_setup: failed queue
and the kernel seems to be stable...
I was too quick: same kernel crash:

Code: Select all

64 bytes from 192.168.10.2: icmp_seq=163 ttl=64 time=0.189 ms
[  251.697885] Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
[  251.707928] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00b89445
[  251.716217] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00b89445
[  251.724487] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00b89445
[  251.732734] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00b89445
[  251.740955] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00b89445
[  251.749133] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00b89445
[  251.757270] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00b89445
[  251.765369] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00b89445
[  251.773424] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00b89445
[  251.781442] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00b89445
[  251.789441] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00b89445
[  251.797400] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00b89445
[  251.805325] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00b89445
[  251.813231] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address ffb9afe1

Return to “Compute Module”