draghi

RPI Zero UL certification / compute module

Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:22 am

Hello,

I'm considering the RaspberryPi Zero for a new project. A precondition would be a UL certification. Is such a certification available for RPI Zero? If no, are there any plans to obtain one? If I plan to do the certification myself, any ideas what effort and cost will that imply?

And a related question - will the RPI Zero be available as a compute module?

Best regards,
Draghi

fruitoftheloom

Re: RPI Zero UL certification / compute module

Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:27 am

draghi wrote:Hello,

I'm considering the RaspberryPi Zero for a new project. A precondition would be a UL certification. Is such a certification available for RPI Zero? If no, are there any plans to obtain one? If I plan to do the certification myself, any ideas what effort and cost will that imply?

And a related question - will the RPI Zero be available as a compute module?

Best regards,
Draghi
Regards the Compute Module, later this year there will be a RPi 3 version.

Not sure what you mean by "will the RPI Zero be available as a compute module?", the current Compute Module uses the same BCM2835 SoC as the ZERO..
Retired disgracefully.....
This at present is my daily "computer" https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/Chromebit-CS10/

djlegge

Re: RPI Zero UL certification / compute module

Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:54 pm

The compute module PCB at least shows the 'UR' mark so as far as UL is concerned it is not going to catch fire.
Unless you are planning on performing some kind of safety function with the RPI (I hope not), I'm not sure what more the RPI itself would need with regards to UL.
Whatever you build the compute module into (your hardware) may need testing / certification but I would imagine the RPI could be treated just like any microprocessor would - UL would not look at it any more than to make sure what you fit matches your parts list.

Return to “Compute Module”