rsingh2083
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:24 pm

How to connect camera, sensor and display to CM3+

Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:02 am

Hi all,

Im a noob to CM3 and there arent many resources/tutorial on compute module. I have tested my object recognition application on RPI-3B but now want to port it to CM3+. My questions as a CM noob :-

1.] If i port my linux os-with object recognition application on compute module-emmc8GB, will it secure my application from getting copied to some extent ? Right now Im running it on an SD card on rpi-3b
2.] Compute module is cheap but with carrier board it becomes costly. But then how do I connect my display-monitor, camera & temperature sensor to the compute module without the carrier board?
3.] Are there any cheap decent compute module alternatives with emmc and good linux support which dont need carrier board?

aBUGSworstnightmare
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:35 pm

Re: How to connect camera, sensor and display to CM3+

Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:19 am

rsingh2083 wrote: 1.] If i port my linux os-with object recognition application on compute module-emmc8GB, will it secure my application from getting copied to some extent ? Right now Im running it on an SD card on rpi-3b
security level is unchanged
rsingh2083 wrote: 2.] Compute module is cheap but with carrier board it becomes costly. But then how do I connect my display-monitor, camera & temperature sensor to the compute module without the carrier board?
not at all. You can design a carrier board with just the functionality that you need to keep cost low.
rsingh2083 wrote: 3.] Are there any cheap decent compute module alternatives with emmc and good linux support which dont need carrier board?
compute Module is what is called a SOM - system on module. Every SOM needs a carrier board because that's the nature of it's concept https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_on_module

Return to “Compute Module”