my main goal is to boot from USB-Stick using the CM3+
In another post here, i managed to do this using the CM3L module.
Here are the steps i took:
1. Flash SD/eMMC with Raspberry Pi OS
2. Start the Raspberry Pi and open command line and type: echo program_usb_boot_mode=1 | sudo tee -a /boot/config.txt
3. Check if OTP bit is set correctly with: vcgencmd otp_dump | grep 17:
If output is 17:3020000a everything is ok, otherwise reboot and try again
4. Now flash an empty USB-Stick with Raspberry Pi OS and add the line
To the config.txt file
5. Don’t forget to delete the files on the eMMC or remove the SD-card
6. Connect the USB_OTGID Pin to GND (If you removed the R12 Resistor)
7. Plug in the USB-Stick and connect a micro-USB cable with enough Ampere to POWER IN
Now i removed the R12 from my IO Board and the OTP bit is set using the CM3L (i dont know if that only counts now for the CM3L or both)
Then i tried to flash the eMMC to recreate the steps using the CM3+ i took with the CM3L.
The problem i'm having is that it just wont boot anymore from the eMMC. I flashed it using balenaEtcher and it finished without Errors. Then when i connect it to power and my screen with hdmi i get no signal. Just the ACT and PWR LED flashing.
Does anyone have a suggestion? Any help is appreciated.