metalmajor

using the watchdog

Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:04 pm

Hi,

I am using an official raspberry pi 3 IO Board V3.0, and a CM3 2015 V1.0 module on it. Now I am also using the official wifi usbstick plugged into the one-and-only usb port. I was testing the watchdog functionality, and it works, but it doesn't really reset the system it seems. It reboots, then starts up fine and loads the kernel, but then, the first thing it wants to do again is start the watchdog daemon but there it hangs while trying to start the watchdog, or sometimes it just segfaults the watchdog executable. So when I remove the wifi stick and do a watchdog reboot, then it seems to work and the system boots to login prompt. So maybe it would be a solution that when the module reboots, the power to the USB hub would also be cut so that it would maybe boot ok. Is anyone having the same issues and/or has a solution?

Best regards,
Tom,

metalmajor

Re: using the watchdog

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:28 pm

It turns out, that the official USB wifi dongle is the cause of my problems. I changed to an Edimax stick and it suddenly started working okay... I can now continuously reboot using the hardware watchdog and it comes back up without problems.

Return to “Compute Module”