roshnee_kishore

Query on mounting an sd card and stereo support in compute module 3

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:32 am

Can anyone please put up a detailed step by step procedure for the following:

1. How to mount an sd card on a compute module 3 (with emmc)? For the compute module without emmc the procedure is same as how we work on rpi2/3 right (just to make it sure)?

2. Setting up a stereo camera (the hardware part) can be done from the following website:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... -camera.md
but what are the necessary installations to enable stereo support (in order to use it for depth perception)?

I am a beginner who wants to use compute module just for the stereo support. There are no proper documentations which I could follow hence makes it so unclear and it gets so confusing! Can anyone please help me about it?

Jednorozec

Re: Query on mounting an sd card and stereo support in compute module 3

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:03 pm

Stereo vision is something that I've been working on also but the project is on hold right now. This thread may give you some help viewtopic.php?f=98&t=183038
The most important leg of a three legged stool is the one that's missing.
It's called thinking. Why don't you try it sometime?

W. H. Heydt

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:18 pm

roshnee_kishore wrote:
1. How to mount an sd card on a compute module 3 (with emmc)? For the compute module without emmc the procedure is same as how we work on rpi2/3 right (just to make it sure)?
You can only do that as a USB device. The same interface that is used for the eMMC module is used for the SD interface.

FYI...there is a sub-forum specifically devoted to the Compute Module.

roshnee_kishore

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Jednorozec wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:03 pm
Stereo vision is something that I've been working on also but the project is on hold right now. This thread may give you some help viewtopic.php?f=98&t=183038
Thank you. But yeah I managed to make the cameras work but I am trying to find ways to synchronize both the cameras as I am using it for depth perception.
W. H. Heydt wrote:
roshnee_kishore wrote:
You can only do that as a USB device. The same interface that is used for the eMMC module is used for the SD interface.

FYI...there is a sub-forum specifically devoted to the Compute Module.
Y

Yeah thats the reason why the pi does not detect an sd card when we use compute module with emmc. There is a way to do it but I don't find how.

PhilE
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:12 pm

See this thead: viewtopic.php?f=98&t=172406

roshnee_kishore

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:57 pm

PhilE wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:12 pm
See this thead: viewtopic.php?f=98&t=172406
Yeah I saw that. What do they mean by wiring gpio from 22-27?
I am sorry and I am quite new to these. Could anybody please explain?

PhilE

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:02 pm

They mean to enable one of the SD interfaces on GPIOs 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 and 37. If that doesn't make any sense then you need to download a copy of the BCM2835 ARM Peripherals guide and read the GPIO section.

Return to “Compute Module”