Cromulent

Is the version of Mathematica in Raspbian limited in any way?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:30 am

I was just wondering if the version of Mathematica included with Raspbian is limited in any way or whether it was the full software? There are certain things that I have tried with it that haven't worked, and the example came straight out of the documentation, so I'm not sure if it is a mistake I am making using it or whether some features are just not available on the Raspberry Pi.

B.Goode

Re: Is the version of Mathematica in Raspbian limited in any way?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:33 am

There are certain things that I have tried with it that haven't worked

Maybe citing the documentation you are following, and giving the error you encounter, would be a more direct way to getting help with your issue?

ejolson

Re: Is the version of Mathematica in Raspbian limited in any way?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:11 pm

Cromulent wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:30 am
I was just wondering if the version of Mathematica included with Raspbian is limited in any way or whether it was the full software? There are certain things that I have tried with it that haven't worked, and the example came straight out of the documentation, so I'm not sure if it is a mistake I am making using it or whether some features are just not available on the Raspberry Pi.
Early versions were missing the code generation library, but that was fixed in the next release. I'm not aware of anything currently missing. In my opinion, the ability to run a free version of Mathematica is enough of a reason on its own to recommend the Pi 3B+ to many students as well as school mathematics, engineering and science teachers.

Return to “Wolfram Language”