stanga

3.3" High Resolution TFT LCD + Touchscreen + Buttons

Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:06 pm

We have designed the LCD-PI33 shield for the Raspberry Pi (RPi), which provides a high resolution 3.3” TFT LCD 320x480 resolution display, 65k colors, a touchscreen and five push buttons. All connected to RPIs SPI bus. We are buying the LCD panel as a 3.5" panel but when we measured the diagonal it was actually 3.3". The first run of modules is mislabelled as LCD-PI35. Since the SPI bandwidth is limited and because of the high resolution the frames per second rate is around 9. This is a little low for displaying videos but for GUIs this module is perfect. More on http://www.hwlevel.com.

The LCD-PI33 connects directly to the GPIO connector of the RPi which provides everything the LCD-PI33 requires. It uses only SPI pins and one GPIO pin. The rest of pins are free for other use. Push buttons require no additional pins, their status can be read over SPI. LCD-PI33 uses the following pins from the GPIO connector:

SCLK - LCD controller and touch screen controller
MOSI - LCD controller and touch screen controller
MISO - reading push buttons, touch screen controller
CE0 - LCD controller, for reading push buttons
CE1 - touch screen controller
GPIO17 - touch screen controller (interrupt)
GPIO18 - backlight control (optional for GPIO backlight control)
+5V - backlight power (75 mA typ.)
+3.3V - logic power (20 mA typ.)
GND - common ground

The rest of pins are free for other use. The shield also includes 4 mounting holes for easy mounting.

Main LCD-PI32 features are:
- 3.3” TFT LCD Display, 320x480 Resolution
- 5 push buttons, status available over SPI
- Linux framebuffer driver, no special software required for working with display
- Mounting holes for standard M3 screws/bolts to fasten the display
- Powered directly from the Raspberry Pi (logic from 3.3V, backlight from 5V), no additional power required

You can see it in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYhDovBvs-8

Modules can be bought (for now in limited quantities) on http://hwlevel.com/shop/index.php?main_ ... oducts_new or on eBay.

andrnev

Re: 3.3" High Resolution TFT LCD + Touchscreen + Buttons

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi is this available in Germany?

stanga

Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi, we ship to Germany - they are not available in any shops yet.

geekyaleks

Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:38 pm

I am having a very difficult time with the LCD-PI35 that just came in the mail. I downloaded your image : 2013-12-20-wheezy-raspbian image with driver (kernel 3.10.25) and I used the dd command to image it on my SDCARD. When it finished imaging the SD card, on my mac I had a /boot directory in that card. When I plugged in the display, inserted the SDCARD and turned it on, I could see on the green light that it is booting, but on my HDMI display all I kept seeing was the "rainbow" display, and eventually the LCD display lit-up. Have a look at the pic [http://imgur.com/a/Gw0hs][http://imgur.com/a/Gw0hs] . I powered off the unit, and powered up the unit with just your SDCARD, and it stays "stuck" at the rainbow display, I do not see any other information on my TV. I then unmounted the SDCARD, put it back in my mac, and I changed the line in the /boot config.txt - I added the line fbcon=map:10 fbcon=font:VGA8x8 to the bottom of the config.txt, and same thing.

It seems that it is booting (the green light is flickering a lot), but I can't get the console going so that I can configure the rest of the stuff there...

If you have any tips or ideas how to proceed, please let me know..

stanga

Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Hi, no output goes to hdmi, so there will only be a rainbow square. All our images are configured for LCD-PI32. For LCD-PI33 some minor reconfiguration is needed. Please read Howto page on www.hwlevel.com. If you should have any further questions feel free to ask.

christoflee

Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi I have received the same problem as above detailing the white screen on the lcd and a rainbow on the hdmi output. There are two download links on 'http://www.hwlevel.com/hwlevel/Downloads/downloads.html' for imgaes with drivers:
2013-09-25-wheezy-raspbian image with driver (kernel 3.6.11+)

2013-12-20-wheezy-raspbian image with driver (kernel 3.10.25)
The first one is not working, and gets stuck at 55.7 mb (tried on several computers and networks so is not only me). The second does not include the file 'xorg.conf_LCD-PI33' that is reffered to on the how to page with:

Code: Select all

sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf_LCD-PI33 /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Please let me know if i am right to use the second download link or if I need the first .img, could you please fix the link.

stanga

Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:09 am

Hi, I can not figure out what is wrong with the first link. The site is hosted and for me (Slovenia) the image downloads in about 7 minutes which is consistent with my download bandwidth. But you are not the first usermexperiencing this problem.

There is a config file in the second image - but the filename is /etc/X11/xorg.conf_LCD-PI35.

Do not forget to edit /etc/modules. Replace ssd1289 with d51. This alone should solve the white screen problem - you should see boot console on the LCD after rebooting. The xorg.conf just rotates the screen to landscape mode in GUI.

christoflee

Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:54 am

Thanks ill give this a go

ragnarjensen

Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:42 pm

stanga wrote: The LCD-PI33 connects directly to the GPIO connector of the RPi which provides everything the LCD-PI33 requires. It uses only SPI pins and one GPIO pin. The rest of pins are free for other use. Push buttons require no additional pins, their status can be read over SPI. LCD-PI33 uses the following pins from the GPIO connector:

SCLK - LCD controller and touch screen controller
MOSI - LCD controller and touch screen controller
MISO - reading push buttons, touch screen controller
CE0 - LCD controller, for reading push buttons
CE1 - touch screen controller
GPIO17 - touch screen controller (interrupt)
GPIO18 - backlight control (optional for GPIO backlight control)
+5V - backlight power (75 mA typ.)
+3.3V - logic power (20 mA typ.)
GND - common ground
Hi!
Just to make sure, GPIO 17 and 18 are physical pins 11 and 12 on the P1 header?
--
Ragnar

stanga

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:44 pm

We have released a new driver with DMA support, SPI compression and up to 64MHz SPI clock (32 MHz max. if SPI compression is enabled): http://www.hwlevel.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1197

Forgotten01

Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi, I am a total noob here, what would a good refresh rate be to play movies and games at?
Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.
Scott Adams

jaybee007

Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:17 am

Hi,
How are you implementing compression on this cpld ?.

jamesmd95

Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Will this work on the B+?
rapidwhois.uk | jmdawson.co.uk

stanga

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:27 am

it works with the B+ but we are not selling 3.2" or 3.3" displays any more. This model has been been replaced with 4DPi-35 from 4D Systems.

Return to “For sale”