I would like to introduce a project I have been working on for the last few months called BlinkStick.
It's a USB RGB LED kit the size of a USB flash drive.
It's fully open source, cross platform, hackable, does not require any drivers and works very well with Raspberry Pi. I've designed it to be easy to solder, elegant, focused towards education yet still functional. All information about the project are available on the website http://www.blinkstick.com and blog http://blog.blinkstick.com/.
Key features for Raspberry Pi:
- Easy to build http://www.blinkstick.com/help/build
- Easy to integrate with Raspberry Pi http://www.blinkstick.com/help/raspberry-pi-integration
- You can have it running as AmbiLight clone with IKEA DIODER http://www.blinkstick.com/help/ikea-dio ... -ambilight
- Use it as a mood light http://blog.blinkstick.com/wp-content/u ... .05.25.jpg
- Control it remotely via the website and bypass firewalls
- Use it to display CPU usage on Raspberry Pi https://github.com/arvydas/blinkstick-p ... ick-cpu.py