User avatar
DarkPlatinum
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:30 pm
Location: Unknown
Contact: Website

Buy your Micro SD cards for cheap

Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:05 pm

There is a 40% discount on SanDisk Ultras on amazon.co.uk, 64 Gb for £10, 128GB for £20.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_no ... disk+ultra
1 * Raspberry Pi Zero W, 1 * Raspberry Pi 2, 1 * Raspberry Pi 3 1 * Raspberry Pi 3B + :mrgreen:

Check Out My Raspberry Site (Run on a Raspberry Pi 3B :) ): Https://Html.dynu.net

Heater
Posts: 12197
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: Buy your Micro SD cards for cheap

Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:34 pm

I'm so suspicious of sellers and scams on Amazon that even if that is the real SanDisk I would not believe it.

User avatar
DarkPlatinum
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:30 pm
Location: Unknown
Contact: Website

Re: Buy your Micro SD cards for cheap

Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:37 pm

Heater wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:34 pm
I'm so suspicious of sellers and scams on Amazon that even if that is the real SanDisk I would not believe it.
Previous encounter?
1 * Raspberry Pi Zero W, 1 * Raspberry Pi 2, 1 * Raspberry Pi 3 1 * Raspberry Pi 3B + :mrgreen:

Check Out My Raspberry Site (Run on a Raspberry Pi 3B :) ): Https://Html.dynu.net

Heater
Posts: 12197
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: Buy your Micro SD cards for cheap

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:00 pm

No, just forming a judgement from reading around the net.

If I want quality I'd rather pay twice the price from a local store, get a two year warranty and know who I am dealing with. No hassle.

If I want to gamble on cheap I go more directly: https://www.alibaba.com

User avatar
DarkPlatinum
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:30 pm
Location: Unknown
Contact: Website

Re: Buy your Micro SD cards for cheap

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:05 pm

Heater wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:00 pm
No, just forming a judgement from reading around the net.

If I want quality I'd rather pay twice the price from a local store, get a two year warranty and know who I am dealing with. No hassle.

If I want to gamble on cheap I go more directly: https://www.alibaba.com
You forgot aliexpress ;)
1 * Raspberry Pi Zero W, 1 * Raspberry Pi 2, 1 * Raspberry Pi 3 1 * Raspberry Pi 3B + :mrgreen:

Check Out My Raspberry Site (Run on a Raspberry Pi 3B :) ): Https://Html.dynu.net

dl324
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 7:33 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest, USA

Re: Buy your Micro SD cards for cheap

Wed May 08, 2019 7:05 pm

Heater wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:00 pm
If I want to gamble on cheap I go more directly: https://www.alibaba.com
That's likely to be counterfeit too. I bought some 64GB from Alibaba or AliExpress and they were hacked 8GB cards. The markings looked like Sandisk to a casual observer. It took me weeks to get a refund.

jahboater
Posts: 4196
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:38 pm

Re: Buy your Micro SD cards for cheap

Wed May 08, 2019 7:28 pm

Heater wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:34 pm
I'm so suspicious of sellers and scams on Amazon that even if that is the real SanDisk I would not believe it.
I always buy my SD cards from Amazon (.co.uk). Countless cards over the nears. I never ever had a problem.
Nothing bigger than 128GB though, I know larger ones are more likely to be fake.

Well, one problem. The last card I bought was supposed to be A1, it arrived marked A2.
HawianPi tested A1 to be faster currently. Not complaining though.

PhatFil
Posts: 1197
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:55 pm
Location: Oxford UK

Re: Buy your Micro SD cards for cheap

Wed May 08, 2019 9:17 pm

jahboater wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:28 pm
Heater wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:34 pm
I'm so suspicious of sellers and scams on Amazon that even if that is the real SanDisk I would not believe it.
I always buy my SD cards from Amazon (.co.uk). Countless cards over the nears. I never ever had a problem.
Nothing bigger than 128GB though, I know larger ones are more likely to be fake.

Well, one problem. The last card I bought was supposed to be A1, it arrived marked A2.
HawianPi tested A1 to be faster currently. Not complaining though.
fwiw i had 3 x 16gb 'sandisk' sd cards via amazon-UK (the very cheapest) by the time i got round to using (months after buying) the seller was no longer trading with amazon and all 3 of the cards failed!! the cards also carried an 'authentic holographic sticker' not found on the same sandisk sd product bought from Tesco ?

Purchases from Sandisk via amazon-UK have so far proven good for me tho.

User avatar
Imperf3kt
Posts: 2242
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:16 am
Location: Australia

Re: Buy your Micro SD cards for cheap

Thu May 09, 2019 1:00 am

Google is ubiquitous - Try it today, it's free!
https://opensource.com/life/16/10/how-ask-technical-questions

Return to “For sale”