midnight1111

Re: Solar Panel & Battery Boxes

Mon May 19, 2014 2:28 am

I'd really like to buy one of these. Any pointers where to get one would be appreciated.
K-

cottonpickers

Thu May 29, 2014 6:15 pm

I still sell these at www.cottonpickersplace.com along with some more powerful models.

mia10

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:42 am

cottonpickers wrote:I make Residential solar panel and battery boxes that are available here

Discussion and sales links below:
http://cgi.cottonpickers.plus.com/~cott ... hp?f=4&t=3
http://cgi.cottonpickers.plus.com/~cott ... hp?f=5&t=4

The 2 watt panel and 4 nimh holder is the most popular, but I also make larger 1000ma panel options capable of running the pi overnight. They are linkable to increase the current.

Micromart has reviewed the basic model this week if you are interested in seeing how they got on with it.
Hello
I want to buy one of this but from where quite confused??
Any help??
Thanks

Ronaldlees

Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:17 pm

KiltedPi wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:39 pm
I live in Scotland. Whats the 'sun'?
LOL. I'm in the southern US, so one would think I have good "solar reception". Unfortunately, I live in jungle of trees. To get decent solar here I'd have to separate the Pi and panel, and put the panel somewhere on the edge of the lot. I have a small panel, and can't believe how much difference the sun angle makes, relative to power output. Should have some sort of automatic panel tracking device, but that's more power consumption from the servo-motor.

Maybe the OP can produce a "premium version" with that!
I am The Umbrella Man

kabinsons1

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:41 am

I live in La Jolla, CA so I need a solar reception. This good device so good for the environment. Where I live there is no problem of sun and his rays. There all-times the solar device may be helpful. Your panel tracking device also helpful for vehicle and other things.
Thanks a lot for giving a brief and valuable description about the solar device.

kabinsons1

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:43 am

I think it give me a better result.

kabinsons1

Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:30 pm

The solar panel is a so amazing system. The panel which I used in my roof has an attractive design. I use the battery box in a systematic way.

kabinsons1

Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:07 pm

Thanks for giving the description of the solar panel.

http://ajarugs.com

gkaiseril

Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:25 pm

Your solar panel will not only needs to supply power to the Pi but also to the charging circuit and any power loss through the entire circuit. I would expect you would need 6 or more watts. For areas of lower and shorter daylight hours you may need even more power to charge the system with enough power to cover the non-daylight hours and when one considers days with less then full sunlight, the power storage requirements become even larger.

Return to “For sale”