gooligumelec

Wombat prototyping board going, going...

Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:15 am

A few years ago I ran a Kickstarter for a prototyping board for the Pi:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 5&t=103643

It was successful, and after selling the first production run I was talked into making some more, and most of them sold, more and more slowly...
There are fewer than 20 left, but they're sitting on the shelf and I need to clear them out. So I've reduced the price to clear - only US$20, plus shipping - well below cost! They have to go, and this time I definitely won't be making any more. So if you want to nab a really useful prototyping board at below cost , here's your chance!

So what do you get?
Wombat_v13_640.jpg
Wombat_v13_640.jpg (110.65 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
* The board brings out all the Pi's 40 GPIO pins to a row of clearly-labelled headers, next to a nice big breadboard that you can build your circuits on.
* So that those circuits don't tax the Pi's power supply (especially the 3.3V rail, which on the Pi is pretty limited), the board has its own USB power connector, and a 3.3V regulator to power your circuits. And you can feed that power back to the Pi, as well, if you like.
* The USB port also acts as a serial console connection, through an on-board FTDI chip. Really handy for debugging!
* There's also an analog to digital converter chip (the well-supported MCP3008), to make up for the Pi not having any analog inputs. And a trimpot to use as a simple analog input for your projects.
* It includes a couple of pushbuttons and four LEDs, for your basic digital I/O needs.
* And finally, there's a cute drawing of a wombat in the upper corner! What more could you want?

Excellent value - I literally can't build them for this price. So grab one while they're still available!

Where from, you ask?

https://www.gooligum.com.au/raspberry-pi/wombat-proto
or
https://www.tindie.com/products/gooligu ... pberry-pi/
Regards,

David
www.gooligum.com.au

gooligumelec

Re: Wombat prototyping board going, going...

Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:11 am

OK, the remaining boards seriously have to all go by Christmas.

So I've cut the price again to US$10 each (plus shipping).

That's less than half what it cost to build these prototyping boards in 100+ quantity.
So, selling them off at a significant loss, but they just gotta go...
Regards,

David
www.gooligum.com.au

DougieLawson

Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:15 am

How do I contact you to get one?

Delivery will be simple I'm coming to Perth via HK on 12th December.

What's the AUD price?
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

gooligumelec

Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:15 am

How do I contact you to get one?
Delivery will be simple I'm coming to Perth via HK on 12th December.
They're only available through my web site: https://www.gooligum.com.au/raspberry-pi/wombat-proto
or Tindie: https://www.tindie.com/products/gooligu ... pberry-pi/

They actually ship out of China, where I had them assembled. Most of my customers have been outside Australia (I used to sell kits, then PIC dev boards), and shipping from Australia to anywhere is horrendous. Since I started getting some products assembled in China, it made much more sense to store them in China and ship from there, to get much lower shipping costs which made the products more attractive.

But these remaining Wombat boards have now been sitting on the shelf for so long that I'm being charged penalty rates for storage, hence the hurry to sell the remaining stock.

I could ship to HK quite cheaply - the boards are sitting just across the border in Shenzhen!
Regards,

David
www.gooligum.com.au

DougieLawson

Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:22 am

I won't be in HK for long enough.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

gooligumelec

Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:37 am

If you go to www.gooligum.com and add a Wombat to your shopping cart, you can get an estimate of shipping and see what options are available, to compare the cost of shipping to the UK vs Australia and if the delivery timing will work (although I always take the estimates with a pinch of salt, despite them coming through my web site).

I have had items delivered to my hotel to pick up when I arrive (but generally train tickets, not prototyping boards....).
Regards,

David
www.gooligum.com.au

gooligumelec

Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:35 am

Just letting everyone know that the remaining Wombat boards have all been sold - all gone!
Regards,

David
www.gooligum.com.au

Return to “For sale”